Moderators ... What's going on with the Phantom 4 pro?
123Next >
14868 92 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Too bad we can't place bets here.
In the UK you can place bets on anything. I gotta check it out, its woth considering.
The Phantom series is dead! That's for me the only logical explanation of DJIs strategy in the past months.

Maybe we can place bets through PM.
I'm in!  ;-)
2019-3-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 3-1 00:50
Aloha Manx,

We can hope!  I got all these points piled up and nothing to spend it on!

Ken, what would you spend that $100 DJI credits on?

I now have nearly $300 of DJI Monopoly money, but I’m holding tight...
Waiting for something big to be released. Major.

RedHotPoker

2019-3-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Anokadrone Posted at 3-1 06:00
Bashy, that is probably more truth than fiction. Would not surprise me.
I am thinking that they are clearing the pipelines for a new product launch.

What surprises me...
5BC580B5-B0D7-4DDF-9582-CB0885B0AB8A.jpeg

The canned replies and similar answers to quite different questions. Robotically written?
I enjoy the politeness of it all though, mostly being Very gracious.

RedHotPoker

2019-3-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I  would bet  that the Phantom line is not dead if i was a gambler 10/1? ;) for a start, there has been no mention of EOL for the P4P v2, surely that would have been included with the other Phantom's EOL notification, surely?? yeah i know, ya names not Shirley
2019-3-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having said all that, i wonder why when you go to the P4P page in the DJI store it says its no longer  available and recommends the Mavic NOT the P4P V2.0, that is strange!!!

2019-3-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 3-1 20:21
I  would bet  that the Phantom line is not dead if i was a gambler 10/1? ;) for a start, there has been no mention of EOL for the P4P v2, surely that would have been included with the other Phantom's EOL notification, surely?? yeah i know, ya names not Shirley

for a start, there has been no mention of EOL for the P4P v2, surely that would have been included with the other Phantom's EOL notification
When they announced EOL for the original P4 pro, they were making the P4 pro V2 that had replaced it.
It was two months later that production of the V2 stopped.
2019-3-1
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 2-26 14:22
I can very well imagine the Phantom time is over. It became obsolete with the Mavic 2.
I don't think it is a coincidence that introduction of the Mavic 2 and production stop of the P4P happened around the same time: Sept/Oct 2018.
Everyone wanted a Mavic 2 and P4P sales plummeted. The P4P still has some advantage over the Mavic 2 but these details

I don't want a Mavic 2 - the camera is garbage compared to the P4P.
2019-3-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

gyrex Posted at 3-2 00:17
I don't want a Mavic 2 - the camera is garbage compared to the P4P.

For many it’s camera is adequate for them...

But yes, some models do have somewhat better quality gear onboard,..

RedHotPoker

2019-3-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Yes,  noted that also !  Very polite & non-informative.
2019-3-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 3-1 19:33
Ken, what would you spend that $100 DJI credits on?

Yeah,  I have about four-n-thrupence-hapenny worth.  Oooo,   what will I treat myself to ?
2019-3-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 3-2 01:48
Yeah,  I have about four-n-thrupence-hapenny worth.  Oooo,   what will I treat myself to ?

Yes, 3283 is low down... but  it’s a start.

But do post more often and build up that account...

I’m saving for the Inspire 8, refurbished. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-3-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 3-2 01:46
Yes,  noted that also !  Very polite & non-informative.

It’s only business, at the speed of flight... ;-)

There are never any surprises, just the lack of responses to many posts!!

RedHotPoker

2019-3-2
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Labroides Posted at 3-1 11:10
.... so they have no Phantoms available for four months, to get ready to launch a new model?
Go back to business school.

I never went to business school hence my healthy outlook on life.    I did go to engineering school and in some instances there comes a time where you just can't or are tired of, fixing all the inherent problems with a certain platform and its time to go back to the drawing board.  Time to take all the field data and MTBF data and redesign a smarter piece of hardware.  I don't think the V2 was smarter ....just glitzier.  Some companies let marketing run the show and that is just so wrong in so many ways.
2019-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Anokadrone Posted at 3-2 03:21
I never went to business school hence my healthy outlook on life.    I did go to engineering school and in some instances there comes a time where you just can't or are tired of, fixing all the inherent problems with a certain platform and its time to go back to the drawing board.  Time to take all the field data and MTBF data and redesign a smarter piece of hardware.  I don't think the V2 was smarter ....just glitzier.  Some companies let marketing run the show and that is just so wrong in so many ways.

If you did go to business school, they probably would have suggested that you don't "clear the pipelines" and leave yourself without a model to sell for 4 months to get ready to sell a newer model.
You don't see Toyota doing that do you?
The much repeated idea that it's somehow related to introducing a new Phantom just doesn't stack up.

2019-3-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 3-1 19:33
Ken, what would you spend that $100 DJI credits on?

Aloha RHP,

Something that is in stock!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 3-2 11:19
Aloha RHP,

Nice, you are in a fine choice of waiters... hahaha

May I have a jug of ice water, and as tall a blonde as possible? Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-3-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 3-2 11:19
Aloha RHP,

Hahahahaha !  Nice one  
2019-3-3
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 3-2 13:23
Nice, you are in a fine choice of waiters... hahaha

Sorry, out of stock,  the well dried up and the blonde left town
2019-3-3
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2173517 ft
Netherlands

Although it doesn't seem likely to happen, I still hope it's just stopped to make room for the Phantom 5!
2019-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Raimond Kollman Posted at 3-3 04:41
Although it doesn't seem likely to happen, I still hope it's just stopped to make room for the Phantom 5!

Why is it that about half the replies here seem to think the P4pro V2 being out of stock is somehow related to the introduction of a P5.
Sorry to disappoint you people but there's no connection.
If DJI thought that way, they would have been selling the P5 for four months already.
2019-3-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Anokadrone Posted at 3-3 03:46
Sorry, out of stock,  the well dried up and the blonde left town

Just the juice of a freshly squeezed pineapple please...

RedHotPoker
2019-3-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-3 06:21
Why is it that about half the replies here seem to think the P4pro V2 being out of stock is somehow related to the introduction of a P5.
Sorry to disappoint you people but there's no connection.
If DJI thought that way, they would have been selling the P5 for four months already.

Wishful thinkful...

RedHotPoker
2019-3-3
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 3-1 20:54
Having said all that, i wonder why when you go to the P4P page in the DJI store it says its no longer  available and recommends the Mavic NOT the P4P V2.0, that is strange!!!

[view_image]

That's what I kept saying:
The Mavic 2 is the replacement of the Phantom line.
2019-3-3
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Just a simple accurate factual statement from DJI would lay all of this to rest - one way or the other.  
In the meantime,  let's talk about batteries,  I have this theory that if you .....................................   
2019-3-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 3-4 00:44
Just a simple accurate factual statement from DJI would lay all of this to rest - one way or the other.  
In the meantime,  let's talk about batteries,  I have this theory that if you .....................................

Just a simple accurate factual statement from DJI  .....
That's something you won't find in here.
It's not how they work.

2019-3-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 3-4 00:44

Drone bots only mimic speech...

17008016-8D14-4C14-A5BA-A71C8313C612.jpeg Most people would never know the difference from a distance.

RedHotPoker
2019-3-4
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-4 01:21
Just a simple accurate factual statement from DJI  .....
That's something you won't find in here.
It's not how they work.

No,  I get that now .......... the inscrutable silence.
2019-3-5
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 3-4 02:09
Drone bots only mimic speech...

Hopefully that's not your comfy recliner RHP
2019-3-5
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Labroides Posted at 3-1 01:02
To fill in a few blanks for you, the P4 pro was released in November 2016.
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 came out in May 2018.
At the end of August 2018, DJI announced the end of the original P4 pro.

Was my english that bad?
Sorry you felt that you had to translate for me.
2019-3-5
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Cetacean Posted at 2-28 23:47
Aloha Kuya,

Mostly because you cannot buy a P4 Pro V2 because - you guessed it - it is "Out of Stock".  Apparently they are not discussing it with the press either.  Only that one article about the supply chain value irregularities and no more.  Hard to remember, but I think four people were arrested (months ago) and hundreds being investigated (if anyone says I am wrong, I am wrong).

Mahalo, Creacean.

First thought that jumped into my mind:  "Someone out there is probably going to blame this on Donald Trump", hahaha.  Thanks for the info.  My P4P won a fight with one of the trees over here in Palawan, but came out a little scarred.  (Yes, operator error is to blame)
I've been trying to juggle if I should bring my P4P back to the other side of the planet and wait for repairs, or just pick up the next bird that flies out of the DJI nest.  -Hey, I just made that up!  I'm checking the news updates quite regularly now hoping for some news.
2019-3-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kuya Kano Posted at 3-5 03:21
Mahalo, Creacean.

First thought that jumped into my mind:  "Someone out there is probably going to blame this on Donald Trump", hahaha.  Thanks for the info.  My P4P won a fight with one of the trees over here in Palawan, but came out a little scarred.  (Yes, operator error is to blame)

Aloha Kuya,

I see you are waxing poetic these days.  Must be the Palawan effect!  Good luck with your bird.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 3-5 01:37
Hopefully that's not your comfy recliner RHP

It’s a back stretcher. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-3-5
Use props
djiuser_5bKLzSBWoSAg
lvl.2
United States

The P4P+ had major defects (among them battery fitment issues) at an important time for DJI. Rather than fix the problem properly, they blamed customers, over-charged for replacements that should have been warrantied, and then used the additional profits to help buy the majority interest in Hassalblad. If customers get wise to it, they'll gladly pay the inevitable class-action suit out; if not, it will turn out to be an even more savvy business move. Simply, DJI could not have afforded Hassalblad had they dealt fairly and honestly with their P4P+ warranty customers. They'll never make the P4P+ available again. I promise.
2019-3-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_5bKLzSBWoSAg Posted at 3-5 13:27
The P4P+ had major defects (among them battery fitment issues) at an important time for DJI. Rather than fix the problem properly, they blamed customers, over-charged for replacements that should have been warrantied, and then used the additional profits to help buy the majority interest in Hassalblad. If customers get wise to it, they'll gladly pay the inevitable class-action suit out; if not, it will turn out to be an even more savvy business move. Simply, DJI could not have afforded Hassalblad had they dealt fairly and honestly with their P4P+ warranty customers. They'll never make the P4P+ available again. I promise.

That is the greatest load of crap I have seen on this forum in ages. Youy are making ignorant assumptions about a range of issues, and none of them borne out by facts. You must have the intelligence of a child, or Trump, go away.

2019-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

I haven't seen any evidence of these "major issues" in the P4 pro.
But I've only logged about 800 flights on it so far.
It appears that you are making assumptions and bold statements without any evidence to support them.
2019-3-5
Use props
djiuser_hsv3QIOdY8ax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83159 ft
United States

I just purchased a Brand New Phantom 4 Pro (not V2) a couple of weeks ago straight from DJI in China.  I used their website to place the order.  It was at my doorstep in three days after order confirmation and I am in the center of the United States.  Not sure what this thread is about.  Out of Stock?  Did I miss somethi   ?   
2019-3-5
Use props
djiuser_hsv3QIOdY8ax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83159 ft
United States

I just checked DJI's website store.  OK, I must have been at the tail end of what they had left in available stock.  Interesting indeed.
2019-3-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would like to see what msinger has to say.  His predictions are usually right.
2019-3-7
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

What rubbish,  over 2 years use with NO problems on mine!
2019-3-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question: This is the Phantom 4 Pro forum so I'm assuming that virtually everyone on this forum already owns either the P4P or the P4PV2 so does it really matter to most of us that the P4PV2 is out of stock? We already own this machine so let's just wait patiently to see what next DJI has up their sleeves
2019-3-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules