Moderators ... What's going on with the Phantom 4 pro?
14855 92 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-11 15:54
Question: This is the Phantom 4 Pro forum so I'm assuming that virtually everyone on this forum already owns either the P4P or the P4PV2 so does it really matter to most of us that the P4PV2 is out of stock? We already own this machine so let's just wait patiently to see what next DJI has up their sleeves

Some/many of us aren't shopping for one but are wondering what DJI is doing.
It's bizarre that one of their biggest sellers has been out of production and out of stock for more than 4 months with no hint of production resuming or a replacement.
2019-3-11
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I lead the drone program for our construction company. I've found the Phantom to be a good mix of size and durability. Now I'm turning over a Mavic 2 Pro to a jobsite and it isn't a good fit. We have a host of accessories we can't use, and trying to attach an iPad 10.5 to a Mavic controller is like attaching a bowling ball to Barbie doll. The smart controller would be great if ANY 3rd party (Pix4D, DroneDeploy, etc) supported it, but DJI can't seem to sort out their SDK. Most disappointing is DJI's lack of communication. Do they not have any US-based marketing teams that understand how frustrating this is? Can't we just get one other company with enough capital and R&D to compete with DJI? Even if they announce a Phantom 5 or a Phantom 4 Pro Plus 3.0 Deluxe Whisper King they'll be available for 2 hours, then out of stock for 4 weeks while everyone sucks stock dry.
2019-3-11
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michael Kemper Posted at 3-11 19:14
I lead the drone program for our construction company. I've found the Phantom to be a good mix of size and durability. Now I'm turning over a Mavic 2 Pro to a jobsite and it isn't a good fit. We have a host of accessories we can't use, and trying to attach an iPad 10.5 to a Mavic controller is like attaching a bowling ball to Barbie doll. The smart controller would be great if ANY 3rd party (Pix4D, DroneDeploy, etc) supported it, but DJI can't seem to sort out their SDK. Most disappointing is DJI's lack of communication. Do they not have any US-based marketing teams that understand how frustrating this is? Can't we just get one other company with enough capital and R&D to compete with DJI? Even if they announce a Phantom 5 or a Phantom 4 Pro Plus 3.0 Deluxe Whisper King they'll be available for 2 hours, then out of stock for 4 weeks while everyone sucks stock dry.

Aloha Michael,

Have you tried this $25 tablet holder?

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-mavic-pro-tablet-holder

I have one and it works very well.

DJI is in the midst of a major investigation of their supply chain.  So far they lost something like $28 million and 4 major arrests with 100 employees under investigation (and that was a couple months ago).  It is not a pretty picture and I am sure it is not something DJI wants to talk about.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-12
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 3-12 01:24
Aloha Michael,

Have you tried this $25 tablet holder?

I had heard about that, and thanks for the link. I'm going to try one from Mavmount so I can get a lanyard tie point. My guys are mapping 500-750 acres... even the Mavic controller gets heavy!
2019-3-12
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michael Kemper Posted at 3-12 07:55
I had heard about that, and thanks for the link. I'm going to try one from Mavmount so I can get a lanyard tie point. My guys are mapping 500-750 acres... even the Mavic controller gets heavy!

Aloha Michael,

Lanyard tie points are a necessity and the one sold for $25 has tie points.  I have also been known to make my own loops out of key chain rings or nylon twisted cord and / or added a waist lanyard out of spare strap.  

Look closely at the images on the product page.  The unit is slightly heavy itself, so having the lanyard really helps.  I try to pick a point that allows the tablet and RC to remain upright untouched just in case I have to let go of it for some reason going to or from the flight site.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-12
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-25 16:16
The "rumours" in that piece are simply guesses or someone's wish list.
There's little/no evidence for most of them.

Not to mention that even if the 5 was coming why kill the 4? You could buy the 3 for a long time after the release of 4!!!
2019-3-15
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Here is an interesting article, speculating of course:
https://www.newsledge.com/dji-phantom-4-pro-discontinued/
2019-3-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 3-15 12:15
Here is an interesting article, speculating of course:
https://www.newsledge.com/dji-phantom-4-pro-discontinued/

Nothing new in that piece.
It's just going over what we already know and making some guesses.

Still it's better than this copy and paste canned non-answer and incorrect information supplied by one of the robo-mods here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =183811&pid=1794804
2019-3-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When will we actually know the truth?

Is the Phantom 4 discontinued, or just on hold?

Will the Phantom 5 be announced anytime, in 2019?

RedHotPoker
2019-3-16
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

At this point, boys, it's called MARKETING. They are the king with little or no competition. (not good)
At least you are getting a chance to get your credit card balances down.
Even if they released a flying turd, sales would be brisk.

2019-3-18
Use props
Roy Rogers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

It's a case of "inscrutable silence" as with a few instances where a little input from DJI would be helpful & constructive.     
2019-3-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see the P4P and 4A are the same price too  of which is moot anyway lol
2019-3-29
Use props
DJR00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8817585 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_hsv3QIOdY8ax Posted at 3-5 15:56
I just purchased a Brand New Phantom 4 Pro (not V2) a couple of weeks ago straight from DJI in China.  I used their website to place the order.  It was at my doorstep in three days after order confirmation and I am in the center of the United States.  Not sure what this thread is about.  Out of Stock?  Did I miss somethi   ?

5/14/19
New PHANTOM 4 PRO V2.0

I'm receiving a (New) Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 in exchange for warranty of one they could not fix. It may be a Refurb but according to the Serial Number, date of MFG is April 13, 2019
Serial number: 11U3G4D002K262 can anyone verify if this is refurbished?

So, maybe they are still making a few but not for resale.

2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules