Video Editing Software
2354 19 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

I'm going to lose my video editing software when my new computer arrives this week. I was using  Movavi Video Editor for my old Phantom 3 . What are all the cool kids using these days with our Mavic Air's ?

Thanks.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day edcolwell. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the inqury. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers with there experiences on what is the best video editing software they are using. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-24
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-24 09:50
If you don't mind a bit of a learning curve, Davinci Resolve 15 has a free version and is a very capable editor. There are lots of utube videos to get you up to speed on it.
I use Wonsershare Filmora which is not free and somewhat limited as to what it can do. I am not a video person so it is good for me.

+1 for Wondersoft Filmora. I prefer it because it's very simple to learn and use, and doesn't demand much of your computer CPU. Resolve is the exact opposite - sure, quite powerful - but it's very complex and will bring your PC to its knees.
2019-2-24
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2-24 13:01
+1 for Wondersoft Filmora. I prefer it because it's very simple to learn and use, and doesn't demand much of your computer CPU. Resolve is the exact opposite - sure, quite powerful - but it's very complex and will bring your PC to its knees.

Resolve seemed to have a decent review on YouTube.  I was just researching another one that has really  good review for a free version called "HitFilm 4 Express. I don't necessarily need  free software but it's nice to at least try these out before buying.
2019-2-24
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

I use Hitfilm express 2017 and it works great. I do have a powerful gaming laptop so not sure how demanding it is.
2019-2-24
Use props
Canes76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still think Premiere Pro is the hands down best...Plus, if you use photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc - the suite is the best
2019-2-24
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Final Cut Pro X for video and PS and Lightroom and capture one for stills
2019-2-24
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Haha. Which just goes to show - everyone has their own personal favourite. Download some free preview versions and have a play with them. Like everyone here, chances are that once you select one and then learn how to use it, it will be "the best".
2019-2-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Haha. Which just goes to show - everyone has their own personal favourite. Download some free preview versions and have a play with them. Like everyone here, chances are that once you select one and then learn how to use it, it will be "the best".
2019-2-24
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-24
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wondershare Filmora works well for me as well.  Does all I need and more.  Has lots of options for editing and exporting.
2019-2-25
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

+ 1 Wondershare Filmora 9
2019-2-25
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Vegas 12 Pro and it woks fine. I wonder if anybody else use Vegas??
2019-2-25
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

I use Lumafusion on iPad and iPhone. Very easy to learn, very powerful. Can edit 4k H265 video without a flicker or pause!
2019-2-25
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

I use Davinci Resolve on my PC, big learning curve but worth it and it's free. I use LumaFusion on my ipad, works great, easy to learn and it's only $20
2019-2-25
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

ShermanFlyer Posted at 2-25 10:48
I use Davinci Resolve on my PC, big learning curve but worth it and it's free. I use LumaFusion on my ipad, works great, easy to learn and it's only $20

I hadn't thought about getting something for my ipad. It would be nice to do a quick edit of my raw feed 720 for a quick and easy download.
2019-2-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I open and try to use DaVinci I feel like Farley's character in Almost Heroes. "Capital letter A"....Mind boggling

Most of my editing I do on Iphone/Ipad with Video LUT and Video Grade apps.

Ill try this Filmora.
2019-2-25
Use props
Sportivod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66158 ft
United Kingdom

Ed, you may find this post helpful, as it looks at all the apps worth considering, at all the various price points. There are some clear winners, with DaVinci and Filmora probably being the best at low to no cost: https://www.dronevideoadvisor.com/2019/02/05/what-software-should-i-use/
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules