8 Months Since Last Firmware Update????
519 5 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WyomingNomad
New
United States

While I completely understand that there are a huge amount of cameras to add and make the Ronin-S compatible, it has been 8 months since the last firmware update. Are any other camera models ready? When can we expect the next firmware update? How close are you to adding the most popular brands and models to the compatability list? This has been an excruciatingly long wait considering the amount of people who have purchased your product and the cost of said product. If the wait is much longer and I will sell this Ronin-S and move back to a glidecam until someone else makes a gimbal compatable with my gear. I want to love this product and use all of the amazing capabilities of this gimbal but to make this happen I need you to get this working with the Canon EOS R but at this rate I am not feeling real confident that this will ever happen.

2019-2-24
Use props
Stanley James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I think adding more camera support is the least of their concerns. The Ronin S has so many other problems that its basic ability to function as a gimbal is called into question far more often then when it will have additional camera support. I have the GH5 which has excellent camera support yet my Ronin S is gathering dust in the corner because it has a myriad of other issues (Bluetooth won't connect consistently, gimbal will not return to center, all settings reset to factory defaults occasionally, etc. etc. etc). As soon as the Crane gets their act together and comes out with version 4 I'm jumping ship.
2019-2-24
Use props
fans1924925f
lvl.2
United States

If the centering issues aren’t fixed I’m out. Things drifts all over when using.
2019-2-25
Use props
Marco06
lvl.3
France

fans1924925f Posted at 2-25 04:46
If the centering issues aren’t fixed I’m out. Things drifts all over when using.

a lot of problem of centering and others ...
No real solutions or always the same workaround.
Many products sold today and broken promises.
Gentlemen and ladies engineers what are you doing?
Wait yes, but until when?
Bring concrete, real answers ... The customer makes the company live. Do not miss it.
My Ronin S does not center like many others!
React a little
Marco (Nice - France)
2019-2-25
Use props
dantastic
lvl.3
Taiwan

The last update was in December and the next one is in the next couple of weeks (a dji engineer said in a different thread)
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi WyomingNomad, I understand your concern, but 8 months is a little exaggerated, the last firmware was released at the end of November, 2018.
You may refer to the post at 5# since one of our engineers do mention that in one thread, appreciate your patience and please accept our apologies if there is any inconvenience caused.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules