Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-25 23:43
I can see another possibility here. You mention that it crashed in a tree and you replaced a prop and all was good before that flight. My guess is that all was not good. I think there was damage to where one of the legs is connected to the body and that is what gave way while in the air. The moment it breaks loose, it swings around, the prop hits the drone itself, rips the prop off and down she goes.
That would explain the props being checked and secured properly and why you can see the leg in the camera. It also could fly until just the right movement or wind twisted the leg just right to finish the break. Thus the missing leg.
Just a guess but still a bummer any way you look at it.

guess you are right, see the picture where i can see the base of the arm loose...

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's nasty - I wish you luck on getting back in the air soon. It does look like a prop blade became loose somehow in flight. How this happened is anyones guess I suppose.
2019-2-26
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-26
Use props
jusmat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2520 ft
Lithuania

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-26 09:58
What I see here is the leg midway on the right. The leg extends to the top left of the screen but what I see there is the stripe painted on the leg and the leg extending up out of the pic. What looks like a break, I think is the stripe.

One thing I am really sure about is that I would never take off with a broken leg. So for me it is just weird how it could (if IT did) brake apart mid-air.

I’ve shipped all the pieces to DJI Netherlands and let’s wait what they will tell me. If it’s somewhat my fault I just hope the price for the repair will be reasonable. But I really hope it’s not
2019-2-26
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

Was it the same arm you replaced the propeller before crush just in case crush video shows one propeller missing .did you securely fixed  the propellery I mean holding firmly the motor and try to turn left and right to propeller shaft and I am sure also you replaced the right propeller to the right motor( white to white black  to black )
2019-3-10
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2-25 03:54
It’s not easy to put props on incorrectly, did you check black with black and white with white, it was almost certainly your problem.

You did the right thing starting a case it will be up to dji to make a warranty decision on this, they may be sympathetic who knows.

If you don't put the props with the right color, the drone won't take off...or flip at take off I mean. Happened to my friend , he even changed the motor ,and did it again, came to see me and I just changed his prop and everything was fine
2019-3-11
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-25 03:54
It’s not easy to put props on incorrectly, did you check black with black and white with white, it was almost certainly your problem.

You did the right thing starting a case it will be up to dji to make a warranty decision on this, they may be sympathetic who knows.

If you manage to fly your Mavic with the props fitted the opposite way please let us know... and call DJi immediately, they might have a job offer for you.

You might also try Tesla or Nasa if it doesn't work out.
2019-3-13
Use props
jusmat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2520 ft
Lithuania

I've got an update on this - I was quoted a tiny bit more than 600 euros for the repair. I agree with paying that (and already paid as it's the urgent case for me to get the drone back), but I'm not too sure about the reasoning since they only wrote the details of the first crash, which was only cosmetical. The second flight was not really described in any way and totally ignored, while most of the damage occurred exactly at that flight.

Also, if I paid 600 euros, and DJI managed to repair my drone within less than a day, does that mean I will be getting a new one or refurbished one. Or was it actually my drone repaired?
Another question - doesn't it make sense for me to get my old parts back (since I paid for new ones without any discount, in theory, old ones still belongs to me?).

Case number above.
P.S given tracking number is not valid. Please someone from DJI take a look at it.
2019-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2-25 10:07
That also what it looks like to me, maybe the props were not put in properly or it got hit by a bird

I was thinking bird attack too.  In video, at start of trouble, the drone looks like it got hit.

Can eliminate props being on reversed, drone wouldn't have even taken off.
2019-3-16
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

jusmat Posted at 3-16 06:00
I've got an update on this - I was quoted a tiny bit more than 600 euros for the repair. I agree with paying that (and already paid as it's the urgent case for me to get the drone back), but I'm not too sure about the reasoning since they only wrote the details of the first crash, which was only cosmetical. The second flight was not really described in any way and totally ignored, while most of the damage occurred exactly at that flight.

Also, if I paid 600 euros, and DJI managed to repair my drone within less than a day, does that mean I will be getting a new one or refurbished one. Or was it actually my drone repaired?

Your get a replacement drone like for like ….you wont get yours repaired returned to you …
2019-3-16
Use props
JayJ03
lvl.1
United States

Did you get a replacement drone yet? I got DJI refresh for mine and think I will add it to my insurance ASAP. This looked like a possible bird strike to me as well.
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules