save waypoint, position, tilt etc. for photo
5910 8 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteenPedersen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 589718 ft

Question:

I am taking photos on a construction site, and comes there once a week.

Isn't it possible to record, poisition, orientation, camera tilt and altitude.

The next time I come to the same place, I could just tell it to do what it did last time :-)

BR
Steen

2019-2-25
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

That's what the waypoint feature is used for.
2019-2-25
Use props
SteenPedersen
lvl.2

saviour Posted at 2-25 02:36
That's what the waypoint feature is used for.

But you need at least 2 points and the waypoint function seems to be reversed. I would like to place the drone as I want, and then create the waypoint from those settings, not the opposite way. Or did I miss something when using the waypoints?
2019-2-25
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

SteenPedersen Posted at 2-25 03:04
But you need at least 2 points and the waypoint function seems to be reversed. I would like to place the drone as I want, and then create the waypoint from those settings, not the opposite way. Or did I miss something when using the waypoints?

Yes you can do  waypoints like that too. Watch this:

2019-2-25
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

I haven't used waypoints mission yet because I've heard too much negativity from it, being bugged and not working properly.

What works though is if you use Litchi instead of DJI Go. You can fly where you want, assign a waypoint with a press of a button and then save it for later.
2019-2-25
Use props
SteenPedersen
lvl.2
Denmark

DroneDownunder Posted at 2-25 03:35
Yes you can do  waypoints like that too. Watch this:

https://youtu.be/ATUY1evu0Sk

Thanks, thats just what I was looking for. The "waypoint" function is new to me, but that was just what I wanted. The possibility to record by clicking C1 is great.
Thanks for posting this video
2019-2-27
Use props
SteenPedersen
lvl.2
Denmark

saviour Posted at 2-25 03:36
I haven't used waypoints mission yet because I've heard too much negativity from it, being bugged and not working properly.

What works though is if you use Litchi instead of DJI Go. You can fly where you want, assign a waypoint with a press of a button and then save it for later.

I have had Litchi for years, but never used it. The other day I tried to create a mission on the mission hub, used a lot of time, and when I came to the spot, it didn't work. There was something wrong with my mission.
So since I have to start from "scratch" I decided to try to give the native "waypoints" a chance :-)
2019-2-27
Use props
patriotdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1572740 ft
United States

saviour Posted at 2-25 03:36

I have used Litchi for years, creating flight plans and manually adjusting the route or camera angle in the app. Can you point me to a good resource to learn more about how to do this from the drone with the push of a button? I know this exists but cant seem to figure it out on my own!
2019-2-27
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

patriotdrone Posted at 2-27 08:34
I have used Litchi for years, creating flight plans and manually adjusting the route or camera angle in the app. Can you point me to a good resource to learn more about how to do this from the drone with the push of a button? I know this exists but cant seem to figure it out on my own!

Just go into the RC settings where you can choose which buttons do which option. There you can assign a button to either create waypoint at the currect drone or at the current RC location.
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules