Gimbal reset SD card related to format?
695 2 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8xdxbZ47y4AG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7618514 ft
United States

Hi I have a Mavic Pro and for months and Months and Months has no issues. I was doing more shooting so I bought a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB.

I don’t know that I experienced an immediate problem but so started getting gimbal resets during flight. I didn’t connect the new SD card with the gimbal resets until months later and went back to using my original SanDisk Extreme 16GB that came with the drone. Not a single reset!

I talked to my local DJI dealer and the DJI rep there said he didn’t think the SD card could have anything to do with it so I reformmated the SD card on my computer (had formatted it to use as external storage for my Mac once I switched back to the old SD card). It seemed to work without issue the first day I took it out. I got home transferred new videos to Mac and then put 64 GB back in Mavic to format which erases all files.

I took it back out the next day and the gimbal reset every few minutes. I took it out put in sandisk extreme 16GB and NO MORE RESETS!!!

They’re are only two differences between the cards that I can tell. exFat for 64GB and fat32 for 16GB. The 16 GB is an A1 and the 64 GB is an A2. Otherwise identical.

Don’t have any idea what the actual difference between A1 and A2 but I have been assured by experts is a device works with A1 it will work with A2.

So this leaves the exFAT and FAT32. Now it seems to be ok if I format it in my computer (as far as I can tell so far)  but if I let DJI Go format it there seems to be the issue.

Does anyone know what’s going on here? Other forums on this site show that specifically the SanDisk Extreme Plus 64 GB is the card most people have that complain about this issue. Could it be that DJI Go is misinterpreting that the card should be formatted with exFAT and not fat32? At this point I’m just curious because it seems like a big mystery to me

At this point it’s really
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_z78LbfDaAzNZ
New

United Kingdom

Ive had the exact same issue for the last 2 days however i dont have a lower sized sd card than a 64gb but issue seems to be after formatting with the dji go app. Have now formatted on pc so will see if makes any different but is very concerning as seems to be a issue that has existed for over a year according to old youtube videos etc....
2019-2-26
Use props
djiuser_z78LbfDaAzNZ
New

United Kingdom

images
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules