Sent Drone and Controller for Repair
1029 13 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39721 ft
United States

And only got controller back. Both were sent back for transmission quality issues. DJI insists upon unboxing they only received the controller, not the drone. I’m certain I placed both the Air and controller in the box (wrapping drone in case, followed by bubble wrap, then partition cardboard for protection).. I’ve asked to speak with a supervisor or manager 5 times in the last 4 days and still have not received a call. Has anyone experienced this before? Every rep I’ve spoken to has essentially told me to pound sand. I’ve never experienced anything like this.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. We apologize for the recent experience. I believe you've already talked to one of our supervisors and a resolution is to file a police report. However, we still want to help you with this. We will check this in our repair facilities and investigate. You will surely be notified with the updates. We appreciate every patience and understanding. Thank you.
2019-2-25
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

i recommend taking a picture before sending future things to DJI, sorry that I cannot help this time
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-25 15:31
Hi there. We apologize for the recent experience. I believe you've already talked to one of our supervisors and a resolution is to file a police report. However, we still want to help you with this. We will check this in our repair facilities and investigate. You will surely be notified with the updates. We appreciate every patience and understanding. Thank you.

I posted this prior to the call back. I’ve contacted UPS and that’s my last attempt - I’m not filing a police report because nothing was stolen in my jurisdiction. That’s an unnecessary use of public services on the taxpayers’ dime. My drone was either lost or stolen in your possession, in which case you should be filing a police report for the latter. A smart move would have been to replace the drone and file an insurance claim with your provider. It would have alleviated a majority of the upcoming vocalization of my displeasure and already negative perception of your customer support. Own up to your mistakes and move on. I’ve already filed a grievance with the Better Business Bureau for the service center in Grapevine, and will be contacting the corporate team in China via mail this week.
2019-2-25
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

U should have gotten the weight of unit when sending it out to dji on your receipt..will it be enough evidence idk
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1 Posted at 2-25 18:49
I posted this prior to the call back. I’ve contacted UPS and that’s my last attempt - I’m not filing a police report because nothing was stolen in my jurisdiction. That’s an unnecessary use of public services on the taxpayers’ dime. My drone was either lost or stolen in your possession, in which case you should be filing a police report for the latter. A smart move would have been to replace the drone and file an insurance claim with your provider. It would have alleviated a majority of the upcoming vocalization of my displeasure and already negative perception of your customer support. Own up to your mistakes and move on. I’ve already filed a grievance with the Better Business Bureau for the service center in Grapevine, and will be contacting the corporate team in China via mail this week.

The higher level team is following up your case and will conduct a further inquiry with the repair facility and contact you as soon as possible, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1
lvl.1
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2-25 19:21
U should have gotten the weight of unit when sending it out to dji on your receipt..will it be enough evidence idk

You and I are thinking down the same path. Weight of outgoing package, according to UPS records was only .014 lbs. Return package containing only controller was .7 lbs. That will be my next point to take up with UPS if this isn’t resolved between UPS and DJI.
2019-2-26
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

3/1.... what's the outcome?
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1
lvl.1
United States

Bjs_express Posted at 3-1 13:39
3/1.... what's the outcome?

They’re still insisting they didn’t receive the drone. They have located video from the repair facility, and I’m awaiting a copy (they’ve provided images from the video that display the box with only a controller in it, but have been reluctant to provide video). They’re also requesting a police report be filed to file a claim with UPS. When I spoke to UPS, they stated that the receiver and delivery driver did not report damage, so a claim would most likely not be warranted). Unfounded still. I’ll update this thread with progress. Because DJI did report a faulty board in the controller, sending back a new one as a replacement, that the faulty device was the reason for shipment to begin with. We will see what happens...
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1 Posted at 3-1 14:36
They’re still insisting they didn’t receive the drone. They have located video from the repair facility, and I’m awaiting a copy (they’ve provided images from the video that display the box with only a controller in it, but have been reluctant to provide video). They’re also requesting a police report be filed to file a claim with UPS. When I spoke to UPS, they stated that the receiver and delivery driver did not report damage, so a claim would most likely not be warranted). Unfounded still. I’ll update this thread with progress. Because DJI did report a faulty board in the controller, sending back a new one as a replacement, that the faulty device was the reason for shipment to begin with. We will see what happens...

Hi there, we verified with the team that we'll be needing to have a copy of a police report from you stating that you actually shipped us the aircraft in the package, without those documents, we won't be able to file a claim or an investigation on our end. Appreciate your understanding. Your case is kept following up by the higher level team, hope it will be addressed soon.
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-1 19:49
Hi there, we verified with the team that we'll be needing to have a copy of a police report from you stating that you actually shipped us the aircraft in the package, without those documents, we won't be able to file a claim or an investigation on our end. Appreciate your understanding. Your case is kept following up by the higher level team, hope it will be addressed soon.

Police report filed and provided via email.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1 Posted at 3-4 12:52
Police report filed and provided via email.

Hi there. Received with thanks. This case is already been forwarded with the logistics team. We will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-3-4
Use props
djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1
lvl.1
United States

Update: DJI made things right and filed a claim with UPS. New drone arrived today.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_HWBUOpbWSrq1 Posted at 3-22 20:02
Update: DJI made things right and filed a claim with UPS. New drone arrived today.

We are very glad to hear that and thanks for keeping us updated, please test its performance and let us know if there is any further issue, enjoy flying.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules