Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-21 11:28
Although eagerly advertised as such, Inspire 2 hardly belongs to a professional class of aerial imaging. It's just very affordable platform with amazingly advanced features, but still far from truly professional standards. X5S or X7 camera and CineDNG recording format is just an icing on a cake easily delivered by much cheaper and in many aspects better Mavic 2 Pro. So, undoubtedly flawed and apparently neglected Inspire 2 remains as a godsend for many low budget projects and aerial photography enthusiasts. If you want to go truly pro, you'll have to invest 10x more money in heavy lifter, camera and suitable lenses. With no less trouble and hassle of fine tuning flawless system ...

Truly, nothing is never professional, not even Altas lifting RED's with the best available cine glass. There will always be something better, if not today, tomorrow. But DJI's professional aerial video drone is the Inspire 2. It is how they name their segments and what products they have in those segments. And with that in mind, how DJI wants to profile their products, it is amazing how little they do for their customers who bought their professional products.

The Inspire 2 is an affordable drone with with many bugs. It have a lot more potential than DJI is giving it. And, add to that, customer neglection.

Apparently DJI have a lot of issues now, I've read they have had a lot of layoffs. Not uncommon in these days, but nevertheless it affects business. But regarding the ProRes RAW support for X5S, that was years before corona.

DJI are still the largest manufacturer, but their support is just horrible, launching their new products unfinished, and most often leaving their products in what many thinks is an unfinished state, or in a state much less than it could have been. Their hardware is often good, but not always put together in the best way (design flaws). But mostly it is about buggy firmware, buggy software or not using the potential of the hardware either due to physical design flaws or by software flaws. Sure, many will still buy their cheaper products, like Mavic 2 air and such. And that is where DJI's support have been best. DJI's professional segments (video, agriculture and enterprise), often had worse support and more bugs (Inspire 2, Matrice, cameras).

I think DJI faces an uncertain future. They will still be around, but I think their market share will be less in the future. It will mean a lot of investments for those companies who would like to take on DJI in a market share battle, but with money in their backs, better support and understanding of their customers need, the shift in the market share can go fairly quickly.

I've invested a lot of money in DJI's products over the years, but I'm certainly looking at the competition now due to how DJI treats their customers.
2020-5-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rob W Posted at 5-21 20:16
Truly, nothing is never professional, not even Altas lifting RED's with the best available cine glass. There will always be something better, if not today, tomorrow. But DJI's professional aerial video drone is the Inspire 2. It is how they name their segments and what products they have in those segments. And with that in mind, how DJI wants to profile their products, it is amazing how little they do for their customers who bought their professional products.

The Inspire 2 is an affordable drone with with many bugs. It have a lot more potential than DJI is giving it. And, add to that, customer neglection.

Rob, you're long enough with DJI and this forum to reach more mature conclusions. Not that I'm trying to start another fruitless dispute, but you can't seriously assume that Osmo, Mavic, Phantom or Inspire - with legions of ant-size customers behind - are the main interest of this giant. With cutting edge technology and breakthrough achievements they must be involved in things way, way beyond and above our knowledge. We are used to camouflage these things, we are the necessary annoyance with all this neverending complaining, whining, rage of ignored ones. The PRO label extension is a bait, a marketing trick equal to a price tag ending with .99 cents, which can attract only customers with average IQ and no real knowledge. But ... let's dissolve this conspiracy theory right here, please ...
2020-5-22
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-22 11:53
Rob, you're long enough with DJI and this forum to reach more mature conclusions. Not that I'm trying to start another fruitless dispute, but you can't seriously assume that Osmo, Mavic, Phantom or Inspire - with legions of ant-size customers behind - are the main interest of this giant. With cutting edge technology and breakthrough achievements they must be involved in things way, way beyond and above our knowledge. We are used to camouflage these things, we are the necessary annoyance. The PRO label extension is only a bait, marketing trick equal to a price tag ending with .99 cents. And let's dissolve this conspiracy theory right here, please  ...

Matthew, twisting my words again, are you? How's that for maturity? ;)

Where in my text have I said that Osmo, Mavic, Phantom or Inspire are the main interest of this gigant? Nowhere.

Of course I know the Pro label is a .99 cent sell. But, you seem not to understand that I refer to DJI's segments as they have named them. It does not mean that I necessarily think, for instance, that the Inspire is Pro. To explain it a little bit further: If I would name some of DJI's agriculture drones, I would say "Agras" and the "MG-1" series. Why? Because it is listed under the Agriculture menu on DJI's homepage. See? ;)

About conspiracies, I'm sure DJI works on other things the regular consumers don't see, as many other high tech companies do Have a nice day, Matthew
2020-5-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rob W Posted at 5-22 21:29
Matthew, twisting my words again, are you? How's that for maturity? ;)

Where in my text have I said that Osmo, Mavic, Phantom or Inspire are the main interest of this gigant? Nowhere.

Well, it was an intelligent conversation at least, Rob ... Rarity on this forum recently ...
2020-5-23
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-3-5 04:02
Hi there, our engineers are working on the new firmware, appreciate your patience.

Hello DJI Mindy, DJI Tony and Gamora

3 months have passed again. Nothing new about new Inspire 3 firmware

Please keep us updated on how far DJI engineers are with the new Inspire 2 firmware.  

How long do we have to be patient?
2020-6-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Ground Pilot Posted at 6-4 22:58
Hello DJI Mindy, DJI Tony and Gamora

3 months have passed again. Nothing new about new Inspire 3 firmware

"... 3 months have passed again. Nothing new about new Inspire firmware ..."

Are you sure your math skills are OK ? Mindy (our incurably optimistic DJI messenger ) posted this reply over a year ago ...

" ... How long do we have to be patient? ... "

I believe this is rather a rhetoric question. I'm just curious what will be your course of action if we lose our patience indeed? A worldwide boycott of DJI? A rally of betrayed Inspire owners in Shenzhen? A class action lawsuit? ...

Finally, what issues of .0300 FW need immediate intervention, in your opinion? Personally I would like to see some minor, cosmetic improvements within camera settings, but - generally speaking - I wouldn't change a thing. But that's me ...
2020-6-5
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-5 13:06

Are you sure your math skills are OK ? Mindy (our incurably optimistic DJI messenger ) posted this reply over a year ago ...

Yeah, I wasn't looking at the year. Then it's even worse than I thought.  Unfortunately, the statements of the forum moderators can no longer be believed what you write. It's all just copy and paste answers.  Very very sad.
2020-6-5
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-5 13:06

@Matthew Dobrski you don’t see what we need because you don’t work for cinéma and series. Do you want to know what we need ?

1/ raw without green files
2/ Max speed at 96km/h
3/ No drift on X7
4/ be able to fly in strength line and not like a snake
5/ no compass error every day

Please don’t talk what you don’t know. Let us asking what we need. You can keep on flying with what you have.
2020-6-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 6-6 10:29
@Matthew Dobrski you don’t see what we need because you don’t work for cinéma and series. Do you want to know what we need ?

1/ raw without green files

It doesn't matter if I work for film/TV industry or not. I still need all the features and options of Inspire 2 platform as specified and expected. And I'm not experiencing any of these symptoms you've listed, reaching 92 km/h speed in ATTI mode and perfectly calm weather. Lucky me? Perhaps ...

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that you're a liar. I'm not saying that Inspire 2 is a perfect product either. What I'm trying to say it that the issues you and some other pilots are experiencing are related to poor quality control of this affordable product. Therefore no firmware will be able to fix random issues, i.e. unstable flight. Mine is flying like on a string ...  
2020-6-6
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-6 11:45
It doesn't matter if I work for film/TV industry or not. I still need all the features and options of Inspire 2 platform as specified and expected. And I'm not experiencing any of these symptoms you've listed, reaching 92 km/h speed in ATTI mode and perfectly calm weather. Lucky me? Perhaps ...

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that you're a liar. I'm not saying that Inspire 2 is a perfect product either. What I'm trying to say it that the issues you and some other pilots are experiencing are related to poor quality control of this affordable product. Therefore no firmware will be able to fix random issues, i.e. unstable flight. Mine is flying like on a string ...

@Matthew Dobrski

It's not about whether the Inspire 2 flies clean in one line. The problem is the hover in the air. And the compass problem is a software problem that I only have with the .300 version. With the .100, .200 and .400 versions, the compass problem is gone. But I've already explained that to you a couple of times here.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=193546

I simply believe that you don't have the same high standards as a private pilot as commercial pilots who have to earn money with it.

Show us how nice your Inspire 2 with the firmware .300 can hover in the air in a recent video.  You can see the Inspire 2 itself while hovering and also from the X5s point of perspective. You can keep a daily newspaper with date placed in front of the X5s while flying. Shouldn't be a problem if your Inspire 2 hovers so smoothly.

I am very excited about the Inspire 2 video
2020-6-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Ground Pilot Posted at 6-6 21:55
@Matthew Dobrski

It's not about whether the Inspire 2 flies clean in one line. The problem is the hover in the air. And the compass problem is a software problem that I only have with the .300 version. With the .100, .200 and .400 versions, the compass problem is gone. But I've already explained that to you a couple of times here.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=193546

No, I'm not going to burn precious battery power to record a video of my Inspire 2 in hover. She is hovering just fine, trust me. However, being aware of this possible, disqualifying fault of Inspire 2, I personally field tested two unboxed birds at local dealership before purchase. First didn't pass my scrutiny, second did. To do that, one must be intimately knowledgeable about Inspire 2. I can go on and on proving that I'm more than qualified to articulate expert opinions about DJI drones, but why would I do that? You know better ...  
2020-6-7
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-7 01:13
No, I'm not going to burn precious battery power to record a video of my Inspire 2 in hover. She is hovering just fine, trust me. However, being aware of this possible, disqualifying fault of Inspire 2, I personally field tested two unboxed birds at local dealership before purchase. First didn't pass my scrutiny, second did. To do that, one must be intimately knowledgeable about Inspire 2. I can go on and on proving that I'm more than qualified to articulate expert opinions about DJI drones, but why would I do that? You know better ...

Yeah, right. That's exactly the answer I was expecting.
2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules