12Next >
3418 51 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AD services
lvl.4
Flight distance : 697441 ft
Switzerland

Is it me or do we have less and less support from DJI officials in the last 2months? Or maybe should i say since the release of the .300 firmware?
I see a lot of unanswered and open questions in the I2 forum and our precious DJI Mindy seems to be absent since a long moment.
2019-2-25
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

have to agree- but here more on spark forum than inspire
2019-2-25
Use props
fans41f3800c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think Dji is ashamed of their inspire2 product ,which they should be. It has been a nightmare for a lot of customers
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, I'm still working in Forum but focusing on Service and other sub-forums. We have other admins who maintain the Inspire Forum like DJI Tony, Gamora. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact them or me, we all will do our best to help.
2019-2-26
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Maybe because of the Chinese New Year ;)

https://chinesenewyear.net/
2019-2-26
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

FarmerMac Posted at 2-26 00:38
Maybe because of the Chinese New Year ;)

https://chinesenewyear.net/

May because they don’t care too much...
2019-2-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-26 00:14
Hi there, I'm still working in Forum but focusing on Service and other sub-forums. We have other admins who maintain the Inspire Forum like DJI Tony, Gamora. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact them or me, we all will do our best to help.

Thanks for commenting Mindy.  Can you tell us if DJI is working on a new FW that will address some of the Inspire 2 issues
a] Battery telemetry and errors
b] Video downlink
c] ] Flight top speed reduced  (this one is my problem)

All the best
Rich
2019-2-27
Use props
Drone AD services
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hi there, I'm still working in Forum but focusing on Service and other sub-forums. We have other admins who maintain the Inspire Forum like DJI Tony, Gamora. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact them or me, we all will do our best to help.

Hello Mindy,
Thanks for your answer and your help. You are very welcome to come back to the inspire2 forum. As Dji support in this  particular forum you were outstanding and helped a lot to all of us with your expertise.
Good to know that you’re always here.

Patrick
2019-2-27
Use props
Drone AD services
lvl.4
Switzerland

RichJ53 Posted at 2-27 07:42
Thanks for commenting Mindy.  Can you tell us if DJI is working on a new FW that will address some of the Inspire 2 issues
b] Video downlink

Hello RichJ53,

And don’t forget ProRes RAW for ProRes (X5S) licences :-))

2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2-27 07:42
Thanks for commenting Mindy.  Can you tell us if DJI is working on a new FW that will address some of the Inspire 2 issues
b] Video downlink

Hi Rich, I'm afraid I will need more details of the first two questions you mentioned. For the third one, I remember I have replied once before that it is related to the wind speed, temperature, the altitude, payload and personal operation and so on, so the issue persists right?
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone AD services Posted at 2-27 14:09
Hello RichJ53,

And don’t forget ProRes RAW for ProRes (X5S) licences :-))

Right, but we still don't have the accurate info when it will be added, please bear with us.
2019-3-2
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi there, I'm still working in Forum but focusing on Service and other sub-forums. We have other admins who maintain the Inspire Forum like DJI Tony, Gamora. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact them or me, we all will do our best to help.

SO what about the bad .300 software?, and when wil an new update come that works and not gif us more problems?, ha?DO not tell us to roll back to.100, that software version is also bad.
2019-3-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-2 03:06
Hi Rich, I'm afraid I will need more details of the first two questions you mentioned. For the third one, I remember I have replied once before that it is related to the wind speed, temperature, the altitude, payload and personal operation and so on,  so the issue persists right?

Hi Mindy
You have a great memory and yes my speed has still suffered since the .300 FW update. As you are aware being a retired helicopter pilot, I understand the variables regarding speed. In my case these factors have been considered. I believe the drone pitch angle has been reduced slightly which does not allow me to get up to the top speed.  I have given up on achieving this speed since and was hoping the new FW will fix it for me.

Thanks for looking into my questions and have a great day!

You are awesome
Rich
2019-3-3
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 3-3 08:03
Hi Mindy
You have a great memory and yes my speed has still suffered since the .300 FW update. As you are aware being a retired helicopter pilot, I understand the variables regarding speed. In my case these factors have been considered. I believe the drone pitch angle has been reduced slightly which does not allow me to get up to the top speed.  I have given up on achieving this speed since and was hoping the new FW will fix it for me.

Same speed reduction here so def not wind/temp etc issue
2019-3-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PH3KS Posted at 3-3 08:46
Same speed reduction here so def not wind/temp etc issue

I am also flying with the Cendence remote and I have seen others report the remote could be causing the speed reduction
??

Rich
2019-3-3
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 3-3 21:32
I am also flying with the Cendence remote and I have seen others report the remote could be causing the speed reduction
??

I'm on the standard remote controller. So i don't think its Cendence related.
2019-3-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PH3KS Posted at 3-4 00:22
I'm on the standard remote controller. So i don't think its Cendence related.

very interesting and thanks for sharing.

Rich
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 3-3 08:03
Hi Mindy
You have a great memory and yes my speed has still suffered since the .300 FW update. As you are aware being a retired helicopter pilot, I understand the variables regarding speed. In my case these factors have been considered. I believe the drone pitch angle has been reduced slightly which does not allow me to get up to the top speed.  I have given up on achieving this speed since and was hoping the new FW will fix it for me.

I have verified with our engineers that we didn't change anything of the flight speed in the last firmware, but your concern will be forwarded to them for attention.
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DRAGenDROP Posted at 3-2 12:49
SO what about the bad .300 software?, and when wil an new update come that works and not gif us more problems?, ha?DO not tell us to roll back to.100, that software version is also bad.

Hi there, our engineers are working on the new firmware, appreciate your patience.
2019-3-5
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-5 04:02
Hi there, our engineers are working on the new firmware, appreciate your patience.

Will this new firmware finally implement ProRes RAW for us who have paid all licensing fees but have a X5S camera?
2019-3-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-5 04:01
I have verified with our engineers that we didn't change anything of the flight speed in the last firmware, but your concern will be forwarded to them for attention.

You are very much appreciated Mindy

Thank you

Feel Free to PM me if you need anything for the engineers or R&D folks  

Rich
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 3-5 05:38
Will this new firmware finally implement ProRes RAW for us who have paid all licensing fees but have a X5S camera?

We haven't received the release notes of the next firmware and our engineers are still working on it, Rob, please check the release notes when it is released, thank you.
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 3-5 08:18
You are very much appreciated Mindy

Thank you

Sure, I will keep you updated if we need anything.
2019-3-7
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 01:08
We haven't received the release notes of the next firmware and our engineers are still working on it, Rob, please check the release notes when it is released, thank you.

Hi Mindy,

Then I ask you or anyone else in support, to ask someone who knows about this. That is why there is a support section, to be a front for the company and a helping line between customers and DJI (or any company), for information and help.
2019-3-9
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81493 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi Mindy

Does the Inspire2 have the hardware, så an comming firmware could make the video transmition Swap from Lightbridge to Ocusync?

Is DJI Working og that video transmition issue?
2019-3-9
Use props
TheMightyThor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those of you mentioning reduced top flight speed, how reduced are you talking about?
2019-3-12
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 01:08
We haven't received the release notes of the next firmware and our engineers are still working on it, Rob, please check the release notes when it is released, thank you.

Hi,

What is the status of ProRes RAW for the X5S?
2019-5-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rob W Posted at 5-21 04:22
Hi,

What is the status of ProRes RAW for the X5S?

Rob, this is nothing else but rumour based on mistakenly expressed verbal leak from one of DJI reps at some trade show long time ago. It never was officially confirmed nor announced by DJI. I would be nicely surprised if ProRes RAW for X5S will happen, but unlikely, IMHO.
2019-5-21
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-21 10:55
Rob, this is nothing else but rumour based on mistakenly expressed verbal leak from one of DJI reps at some trade show long time ago. It never was officially confirmed nor announced by DJI. I would be nicely surprised if ProRes RAW for X5S will happen, but unlikely, IMHO.

Hi Matthew,

It is more than a rumour, acctually official DJI support have verified that the engineers is (where?) working on it ;) See post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6&page=1#pid1653216 I hope DJI stand by their word and release ProRes RAW for X5S.
2019-5-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rob W Posted at 5-21 21:07
Hi Matthew,

It is more than a rumour, acctually official DJI support have verified that the engineers is (where?) working on it ;) See post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6&page=1#pid1653216 I hope DJI stand by their word and release ProRes RAW for X5S.

Rob, you're joking, right?
2019-5-22
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-22 00:15
Rob, you're joking, right?

?

I can only link to what Mindy wrote, that ProRes RAW is being worked on (post #28 in the link above), and that support really have verified that it is being worked on (post #31 in the link above). In January 2019 Mindy would push the engineers for a release date (post #59 in the link above).

If it will ever happen I don't know, but certainly the engineers are working/or worked on, ProRes RAW for X5S.
2019-5-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rob W Posted at 5-22 00:52
?

I can only link to what Mindy wrote, that ProRes RAW is being worked on (post #28 in the link above), and that support really have verified that it is being worked on (post #31 in the link above). In January 2019 Mindy would push the engineers for a release date (post #59 in the link above).

And at least 6 months of engineer's intensive labour on ProRes RAW protocol implementation into X5S camera (without delivery) isn't giving you any clue? I remain skeptical ...
2019-5-22
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-22 09:30
And at least 6 months of engineer's intensive labour on ProRes RAW protocol implementation into X5S camera (without delivery) isn't giving you any clue? I remain skeptical ...

I only forward what Mindy wrote.
I do Hope that they will release ProRes RAW as they promised, and as they said, they are working on it. But to Believe or to Hope is two very different things, my friend.
2019-5-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-22 09:30
And at least 6 months of engineer's intensive labour on ProRes RAW protocol implementation into X5S camera (without delivery) isn't giving you any clue? I remain skeptical ...

Hi Matthew

Looks like nothing has been shaking loose from DJI on our Inspire 2. I am very pleased with my I2 and it is flying great, the speed is the only thing... but I do not use this very much. I hope you are doing well and getting your boat ready to go for the summer

I have not been doing much with my drones since the new FAA rules. I have not given up though.

Rich
2019-5-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 5-30 16:56
Hi Matthew

Looks like nothing has been shaking loose from DJI on our Inspire 2. I am very please with my I2 and it is flying great, the speed is the only thing... but I do not use this very much. I hope you are doing well and getting your boat ready to go for the summer

Rich, dealing with DJI drones is half joy/half PITA, as you know for sure. Although my Inspire 2 is flying charmingly as well, TB50 batteries are still not really compatible with M200. And promised FW update remains a promise. I was forced to purchase prohibitively expensive TB55 batteries for M200 ...

Recently I'm giving another chance for my semi-retired Inspire 1, this time with a secondhand X5R camera I've purchased for bargain price. After extensive studying I've passed UAV Pilot Certificate exam (not easy task at all) and registered all 5 birds, as required by new Canadian regulations. The boat is maintained and almost ready to go for another summer expedition, although I'm considering different territory to explore this year due to notorious wildfires in Western Canada.  

Good to hear from you again, Rich.

2019-5-31
Use props
ski
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 2019-5-22 00:52
?

I can only link to what Mindy wrote, that ProRes RAW is being worked on (post #28 in the link above), and that support really have verified that it is being worked on (post #31 in the link above). In January 2019 Mindy would push the engineers for a release date (post #59 in the link above).

I fully agree, the only joke here is I'm replying a year later and we still don't have X5S ProRes RAW support

Adobe just added ProRes RAW support to Premiere Pro within the last week, so now that my preferred NLE supports it I'd love to start shooting it, yet for some unknown reason we're still forced to use IMO the inferior X7 to get the codec. The X5S is the best option for multiple reasons, why is DJI dragging their heels on a codec that shouldn't even be camera specific in the first place, as the processing is done in the cinecore...?

we're sick of the copy and pasted "our engineers our working on it" replies aka they're working on more mavic crap. It's not unreasonable to expect support on a professional caliber product such as the I2, yet the support has been the opposite of professional
why is "a little bit more time" multiple years...?

2020-5-20
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

ski Posted at 5-20 15:20
I fully agree, the only joke here is I'm replying a year later and we still don't have X5S ProRes RAW support

Adobe just added ProRes RAW support to Premiere Pro within the last week, so now that my preferred NLE supports it I'd love to start shooting it, yet for some unknown reason we're still forced to use IMO the inferior X7 to get the codec. The X5S is the best option for multiple reasons, why is DJI dragging their heels on a codec that shouldn't even be camera specific in the first place, as the processing is done in the cinecore...?

Yes, DJI lied to us, intentionally or unintentionally. Support wrote a while ago that ProRes RAW for the X5S won't happen, and then they hid the thread. It clearly shows DJI's disrespect for their customers.

Here is the link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4&page=1#pid2136031
2020-5-20
Use props
ski
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 5-20 20:40
Yes, DJI lied to us, intentionally or unintentionally. Support wrote a while ago that ProRes RAW for the X5S won't happen, and then they hid the thread. It clearly shows DJI's disrespect for their customers.

Here is the link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4&page=1#pid2136031

thank you for helping fight the fight my friend, it's disgusting how so many of your questions went ignored in that thread. I agree the Inspire 2 feels abandoned, yet prices for it have only increased since launch...the bird itself, the batteries, the chargers, the cameras, all more expensive, despite being multiple years old and I guess now abandoned the second you pay more than someone did at launch, wtf is that...?

the X7 fails to improve on low light despite the larger sensor, and doesn't offer any lens options on the ultrawide or telephoto end of the spectrum. IMO thats a worse option than X5S. Why would I want to give up my 15mm or 90mm equivilent just to have ProRes RAW, when theres no reasonable explanation that it doesn't work on the X5S in the first place???? All this BS about the engineers are working on it,  that's just an outright lie and it was never going to happen. It doesn't take multiple years to implement that when the processing isn't even camera dependent.

Hovering is garbage, DJI Go4 is riddled with bugs including being near useless when shooting in DLOG since the LUT viewer disappears when I fly my i2 yet appears perfectly fine on a mavic 2 (wtf.....?), and the app won't even support iPads screen res from 18 months ago. I don't even care how many times I have to bump this thread I wan't some answers from DJI, this isn't a $50 parrot drone this is a professional platform that needs professional support
2020-5-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ski Posted at 5-20 21:12
thank you for helping fight the fight my friend, it's disgusting how so many of your questions went ignored in that thread. I agree the Inspire 2 feels abandoned, yet prices for it have only increased since launch...the bird itself, the batteries, the chargers, the cameras, all more expensive, despite being multiple years old and I guess now abandoned the second you pay more than someone did at launch, wtf is that...?

the X7 fails to improve on low light despite the larger sensor, and doesn't offer any lens options on the ultrawide or telephoto end of the spectrum. IMO thats a worse option than X5S. Why would I want to give up my 15mm or 90mm equivilent just to have ProRes RAW, when theres no reasonable explanation that it doesn't work on the X5S in the first place???? All this BS about the engineers are working on it,  that's just an outright lie and it was never going to happen. It doesn't take multiple years to implement that when the processing isn't even camera dependent.

Although eagerly advertised as such, Inspire 2 hardly belongs to a professional class of aerial imaging. It's just very affordable platform with amazingly advanced features, but still far from truly professional standards. X5S or X7 camera and CineDNG recording format is just an icing on a cake easily delivered by much cheaper and in many aspects better Mavic 2 Pro. So, undoubtedly flawed and apparently neglected Inspire 2 remains as a godsend for many low budget projects and aerial photography enthusiasts. If you want to go truly pro, you'll have to invest 10x more money in heavy lifter, camera and suitable lenses. With no less trouble and hassle of fine tuning flawless system ...
2020-5-21
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

ski Posted at 5-20 21:12
thank you for helping fight the fight my friend, it's disgusting how so many of your questions went ignored in that thread. I agree the Inspire 2 feels abandoned, yet prices for it have only increased since launch...the bird itself, the batteries, the chargers, the cameras, all more expensive, despite being multiple years old and I guess now abandoned the second you pay more than someone did at launch, wtf is that...?

the X7 fails to improve on low light despite the larger sensor, and doesn't offer any lens options on the ultrawide or telephoto end of the spectrum. IMO thats a worse option than X5S. Why would I want to give up my 15mm or 90mm equivilent just to have ProRes RAW, when theres no reasonable explanation that it doesn't work on the X5S in the first place???? All this BS about the engineers are working on it,  that's just an outright lie and it was never going to happen. It doesn't take multiple years to implement that when the processing isn't even camera dependent.

Thank you for your support, ski!
2020-5-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules