Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Class action lawsuit?
2199 13 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2dANP0f8EHbG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521417 ft
United States

By now, it’s blatantly clear that DJI has a problem on their hands with the Mavic 2 series and DJI Goggles. This issue affects almost all users, has been known to DJI for a significant period of time, and DJI refuses to refund, assist with, or lately even acknowledge this problem. I’m not a lawyer by any means, but at what point is there grounds for a class action lawsuit? Please don’t shrug off this suggestion as DJI is basically a toy company and the amount of money each person is out is significant. Please share your ideas here of how to get back the money DJI scammed us out of and their refusal to remedy the situation.
2019-2-25
Use props
WHM
lvl.3

United States

I have Mavic 2 pro along with RE Goggles.... works perfectly together
2019-2-25
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Could you explain the nature of the problem? I'm not aware of this.
2019-2-25
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck!
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, may we verify the specific issue you are having with Mavic 2 series and Goggles so that we can help?
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_2dANP0f8EHbG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521417 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 18:50
Hi there, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, may we verify the specific issue you are having with Mavic 2 series and Goggles so that we can help?

DJI Mindy,

Look at any of the posts in the goggles section, we all have the same issue. Flying a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom, the goggles lose signal out of nowhere at about 1000 feet. This is not a new issue, it has been reported since last October. DJI denied me and other people a refund saying we were outside of 14 days. Then, DJI actually had the audacity to tell me that they knew about this issue and if I wasn’t happy, there is nothing they can do and I should try to sell the goggles to someone. How’s that for customer service?
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_2dANP0f8EHbG Posted at 2-25 19:31
DJI Mindy,

Look at any of the posts in the goggles section, we all have the same issue. Flying a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom, the goggles lose signal out of nowhere at about 1000 feet. This is not a new issue, it has been reported since last October. DJI denied me and other people a refund saying we were outside of 14 days. Then, DJI actually had the audacity to tell me that they knew about this issue and if I wasn’t happy, there is nothing they can do and I should try to sell the goggles to someone. How’s that for customer service?

May I verify if you are referring to Goggles or Goggles RE?
If it is Goggles RE, please check if you correctly mounted the 5.8G antenna on the Goggles RE. Then please check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands. If the issue persists, it is recommended to send in the Goggles for further diagnosis.
2019-2-26
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy, are you kidding us?

You are WELL aware by now all the issues most of us have had by buying one of your expensive products that does NOT work as advertised. To act like it is an unknown issue to you is a total insult to those of us whom bought this product, the RE Goggles, whom DJI sell TOGETHER as a package, knowing full well there are issues with the two products and their compatibility.

If you get sued as a company you deserve it with the responses you have been obviously instructed to pass along. As if your heads are collectively in the sand.

I really like my Mavic 2 Zoom, it is a great piece of equipment. Good on you!

But when you bring out a bad product, man up as a company, try to fix the problem and we will understand. Instead, you have some of us looking at other companies. If your products do not work as advertised, why should we continue to purchase them?
2019-3-17
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-17
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-17 06:22
Alot of us have been waiting to purchase the RE Goggles but are not going to buy something that is obviously defective. You know what the problem is, why do you keep pretending that you don't?
Heres a short refresher...

That’s a really good link summary that can be saved / pasted to cut to the chase...

Here’s another one where someone is supposedly getting a circuit board replaced to fix the issue under post 143

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=4#pid1795339

Me personally, I bought mine using a credit card on Amazon so I’ll get my money back if DJI don’t fix this.  Either by Amazon refund or if for some strange reason they refuse then I’ve got legal cover via my credit card.

I’ve so far found DJI to be (by far) the worst technology company I’ve ever bought a device from, exceeding the Apple “you’re holding the phone wrong”  debacle.

I think I’d actually respect DJI more if they were to come out and say something Apple-esque like “you have the wrong shaped head for optimum performance of our goggles” rather than the current complete silence.

So I’ve listed a 1 star review on Amazon for this and advise people in other forums etc to stay clear.

Absolute shambles of a company and I hope a competitor comes along and gives them a kicking.
2019-3-17
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

I am still putting my Amazon review together as well since I purchased my M2P through them. I am going to inform folks about what DJI really is with links to here so they can read for themselves and not take my word for it. I wish I would have spent some time here reading about how they treat their customers before purchasing. I probably would have still bought it as it is what I was looking for. Unfortunately they have a monopoly and I couldn't get what I wanted from another manufacturer.

I got a little FPV camera that I am going to stick on top of my M2P to use real FPV goggles to wind it through trees and weeds. It also has a much wider field of view compared to the Hassleblad. If DJI ever fixes the Goggle RE issue, I may consider those but they are stiil almost twice the price of decent FatShark goggles.

My M2P works great for my photography but as for flying fun I am going with FPV miniwhoops. Small enough to be flown anywhere and no DJI or regulation crap. Dosen't even need to be registered.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, if your Mavic 2 loses its image transmission signal after flying a few hundred meters away with the Goggles RE turned on, please make troubleshooting first:1. Check if the 5.8G antenna is mounted on the Goggles RE correctly.
2. Check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands.

If the issue persists, we recommend to send back the Goggles RE to our official repair center for the diagnosis, please start a ticket online if it is available for you or contact our support team www.dji.com/support. Once the ticket is created, please keep us updated with the case number, we will follow up, thank you.
2019-3-20
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-18 08:22
I am still putting my Amazon review together as well since I purchased my M2P through them. I am going to inform folks about what DJI really is with links to here so they can read for themselves and not take my word for it. I wish I would have spent some time here reading about how they treat their customers before purchasing. I probably would have still bought it as it is what I was looking for. Unfortunately they have a monopoly and I couldn't get what I wanted from another manufacturer.

I got a little FPV camera that I am going to stick on top of my M2P to use real FPV goggles to wind it through trees and weeds. It also has a much wider field of view compared to the Hassleblad. If DJI ever fixes the Goggle RE issue, I may consider those but they are stiil almost twice the price of decent FatShark goggles.

You might want to look at this thread
2019-4-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

personally i haven't tried mavic 2 + goggles only mavic pro (1st gen) + goggles (standard) my experience was kinda disappointing but not completely horrible, the usable range was about half that of what the remote + smart device is capable of, you can achieve an extra bit of range tapping directly into the remote via USB and using it over USB but still not same open range you got from smart device plugged into controller...  

my guess is it comes down to bandwidth requirements and goggle's built in decoder for video..   the goggles demanding higher quality image so doesn't look like crud in your eyes + prob no H.265 decoding onboard so stuck on the H.264 meaning larger requirement of data per frame..  H.265 effectively halves the data per frame required for same image quality....  and the remote may have higher gain antennas thats why able to give you a little extra edge at times.  that being said RE goggles may also have other issues im unfamiliar with....
2019-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules