Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints 2.0 questions?
5034 13 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I have a couple of questions with regard to Waypoints 2.0 and my Mavic 2 Pro using DJI Go 4.

I have created and saved a simple 5 waypoint mission with no fancy moves; fly to waypoint 1 at 160 feet and proceed in a roughly rectangular flightpath around the perimeter of a park behind my house to & through waypoints 2-5 at the same 160 feet then return to home...nothing out of the ordinary.

What I have noticed however is as the drone flies from point to point it will gradually turn its nose inwards so when it arrives at the next waypoint it is facing the direction in which it will be flying.

Its not like a full POI as the aircraft nose heading varies rather than point to a fixed object but what I would like to happen is for the nose of the aircraft to point towards the next waypoint with nose in direction of travel only rotatiing to face the next one when it reaches the previous one if that makes sense?

Also I am unable to control the gimbal as when I try to tilt down it fights and goes back up again! Likewise when I hit the C1 button which I have set to rotate the gimbal 90 degrees it flips down but then immediately moves slowly back to level position.

I want to be able to manually control the gimbal so I can choose where to point the camera either straight down to ensure I am staying within the perimeter of the park at all times, straight ahead so I can see where I am heading towards or anywhere inbetween.

I have switched between Polyline & arc and also changed the angle between waypoints from 0 degrees to whatever angle the point of the location looks to be to track the line from waypoint to waypoint to no avail.

What am I missing here?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

2019-2-26
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Kazakhstan

I would like to know that also, I find it a bit of a pain with the drone turning inward and not turning at the waypoint, I tried like you today and tilt the camera down in waypoints but it fights back, so if there are are settings to change can someone please post, I set the gimble tilt in the mission settings but sometimes I would like to change the tilt in flight.
2019-2-26
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah so its not just me then?

Small consolation I know.

Lets hope the solution is simple and not waiting for a DJI update although there seem to be other posts comparing Waypoints 2.0 in DJI Go 4 to Litchi with the latter coming out on top so looking forward to DJI progressing their Waypoint features in the near future.

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-26
Use props
fans5aec35fa
New

New Zealand

GlynH Posted at 2-26 06:58
Ah so its not just me then?

Small consolation I know.

Hello.
Any luck resolving this ?
2019-3-2
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5aec35fa Posted at 3-2 17:10
Hello.
Any luck resolving this ?

None whatsoever.

Was kinda hoping that DJI might have popped up to make a comment but the silence is deafening...

-=Glyn=-
2019-3-3
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

So, this was something I was curious about as well. I've not tried it yet, but will next week...

Apparently, under "Route Settings" you can set "All Waypoint Direction" to "Free," which should give you mobility in the gimbal.

Like I mentioned, I've yet to try this, but thought I'd offer a find. Here's a link to the thread I found this from -->  WAYPOINTS 2.0 TEST   (Around 8:40)

...and this thread was helpful as well --> Mavic Waypoints - free mode where?

If you try thig out before me, please let me know how it worked out for you.
2019-3-3
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've only just seen this reply Doc...sorry about that.

When I set up the Waypoint I made sure I set the Direction to Free.

I also remember checking some time ago and in the summary that pops up on the screen it is also set to free.

Did you ever get round to trying this yourself and if so did it work for you?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-3-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doc Ozzy Posted at 3-3 19:21
So, this was something I was curious about as well. I've not tried it yet, but will next week...

Apparently, under "Route Settings" you can set "All Waypoint Direction" to "Free," which should give you mobility in the gimbal.

I'm not sure if my firmware didn't update correctly but basically when I set it to "route" that means free and free is locked like custom route.

Also it goes to whatever the gimbal pitch is set to for that waypoint and the next and Locks it at that.  Is there anyway to turn that off?
2019-4-24
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is still an issue for me even after updating to .0530

Please DJI can you respond to this thread?

Thank you.

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-28
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-24 17:08
I'm not sure if my firmware didn't update correctly but basically when I set it to "route" that means free and free is locked like custom route.

Also it goes to whatever the gimbal pitch is set to for that waypoint and the next and Locks it at that.  Is there anyway to turn that off?

That's really strange. I've actually started using this function a lot more frequently and it does work for me. The next time I go flying, I'll pull some screenshots for you; see if that will help.
2019-5-1
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah thanks Doc...appreciate it.

At some point (I suspect after the .0530 upgrade?) the aircraft now points towards the next waypoint instead of turning inwards and flying sidewards but I still have no control over the gimbal.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-5-2
Use props
caine cormier
New

United States

Hello, I was wondering if while using a mission on waypoints, could you start manually flying the drone in the middle of the mission or stop the mission?
2019-6-21
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 480774 ft

Same problem as Glyn.  I created a really neat mission a few months ago to video the progress of a house construction over the weeks and months.  I set the house as the POI with the surrounding waypoints set to look at it. The early missions worked perfectly. But recently (following an update), the aircraft no longer points inwards to the POI.  It just points in the direction of travel so the house isn't even in shot.

I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this issue because it was major feature of Waypoints.

Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
2019-9-10
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 480774 ft

Caine, you can certainly pause or stop a mission. The pause (ll) and stop (X) controls are on the left side of the screen.
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules