DJI Knowledge Quiz has us grounded
2468 11 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

Beware if considering to buy the smart controller.  Don't take my word for it, just google "DJI knowledge Quiz error".  You will receive a message to take the quiz, when you click start an error message is displayed, when you click on it the screen hangs and turns white.  The only way to clear is power cycle the controller, hopefully this does not happen in mid flight.  So far no solution or fix from DJI.
2019-2-26
Use props
iconicflux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92169 ft
United States

That's not the only way. Hold the return arrow button and then press the 5D to the left. That will pop up the app closing screen. Swipe up on the DJI GO 4 app to close it. Then restart the app. It will usually restart without popping up the quiz again.
2019-2-27
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

iconicflux Posted at 2-27 11:10
That's not the only way. Hold the return arrow button and then press the 5D to the left. That will pop up the app closing screen. Swipe up on the DJI GO 4 app to close it. Then restart the app. It will usually restart without popping up the quiz again.

Well Hey now! - Thank you!
2019-2-27
Use props
robkramer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9035 ft
United States

Turn off WiFi, reboot, then it won’t look for the quiz. That is what has been working for me.
2019-2-27
Use props
robkramer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9035 ft
United States

sorry, double post
2019-2-27
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

Thank you for the tips, it’s great that we take care of each other, too bad DJI does not offer the same tips or better yet ,just fix the root problem.
2019-2-27
Use props
iconicflux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92169 ft
United States

fans76b622a7 Posted at 2-27 17:52
Thank you for the tips, it’s great that we take care of each other, too bad DJI does not offer the same tips or better yet ,just fix the root problem.

It looks like the app may be checking for the existence of the quiz being completed by checking your SN or some other identifier.

I'll spend some time on the app to figure out how it's doing it and then see if there's a way to resolve this for us without DJI's help. (I hack mobile stuff for a living. I just haven't wanted to mess with the SRC unit if I can avoid it but if I don't fix this it's going to cause me issues midflight.)
2019-2-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

iconicflux Posted at 2-27 23:21
It looks like the app may be checking for the existence of the quiz being completed by checking your SN or some other identifier.

I'll spend some time on the app to figure out how it's doing it and then see if there's a way to resolve this for us without DJI's help. (I hack mobile stuff for a living. I just haven't wanted to mess with the SRC unit if I can avoid it but if I don't fix this it's going to cause me issues midflight.)

You should not have to go to all that work.  You bought a product that should be tested prior to being sold to public.  

DJI needs to get off their _____ and fix stuck Quiz problem.   Along with fixing problems like over 1-year ongoing problem with DJI Assistant.  

Unfathomable that a 7 to 10 Billion company can't ship working products or fix problems like these in one week's time.

Anyway, best of luck!
2019-2-28
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

New Firmware Update out today ..... I have not had that error since updating, but I think it is still too early to tell.
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_1iD2VvhUb5xT
lvl.1

United States

Fazmanicg Posted at 3-1 08:48
New Firmware Update out today ..... I have not had that error since updating, but I think it is still too early to tell.

Fantastic, I have my fingers crossed they fixed the error message.  Were you able to take the quiz successfully?
2019-3-1
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_1iD2VvhUb5xT Posted at 3-1 08:53
Fantastic, I have my fingers crossed they fixed the error message.  Were you able to take the quiz successfully?

The quiz dialog box never came up.  I wonder if they got rid of it.  Again, it used to pop up ever y 2nd or 3rd time I would turn on the controller. - I have rebooted and/or closed the app and reopened it a dozen times and have not seen that quiz. - You would think they'd mention it in the release notes.
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_h4JEzjP9Ye6P
New

United States

iconicflux Posted at 2019-2-27 11:10
That's not the only way. Hold the return arrow button and then press the 5D to the left. That will pop up the app closing screen. Swipe up on the DJI GO 4 app to close it. Then restart the app. It will usually restart without popping up the quiz again.

The issue is the firmware on the actual drone. Updating just the controller is not going to fix it. There is a fix for this. I have a phantom 3 pro and experienced the same thing. I followed step by step instructions on how to update the drones firmware and once it was done the quiz loaded the first time. Look on YouTube for instructions. It’s a lengthy process. But I assure you it will fix it. I’m flying my drone without any issues now.
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules