New Zenmuse XT2 Firmware Released(2019/02/27)
7872 15 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date:        2019.02.27
  • Firmware:        v01.00.00.20
  • Camera 1 Firmware:        v01.00.00.34
  • Camera 2 Firmware:        v06.02.20.00
  • Gimbal Firmware:        v00.02.06.04
  • DJI Pilot App Android:        v1.2

What’s New?
  • Compatible with Matrice 200 Series V2 aircrafts.

Notes:
  • This update is for the Zenmuse XT2 gimbal and camera only. It cannot be used to update the aircraft or the Intelligent Flight Battery.
  • The Zenmuse XT2 must be connected to the aircraft before starting this update.
  • Ensure that there are no other updates on the microSD card and that the battery level is above 50%.
  • It takes approximately five minutes to update the firmware. The aircraft beeps when the update is complete.

2019-2-26
Use props
RC POWER
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi all. So I did the update bug using a Matrice 600 pro. Everythink worked normally, I means sussesuccessful!! But now the thernal camera disappear. I can see the “normal “ camera only. How Can I downgrade de firmware....how I can fix it???
2019-3-9
Use props
UAS Stockholm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 851411 ft
Sweden

I did it too but now i have no picture at all. I´m able to move the camera so the gimball is working but there is no picture and all the menues are gone. It is like the software does not know that the camera is mounted. I also need helt downgradig it or to perform a hard reset! I use the Matrice M210.
2019-3-13
Use props
djiuser_UWhdKX7UF90p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48399 ft
United States

DJI needs to fix this issue. The Pilot app in the IOS environment is terrible and does not work. The new firmware update for the XT2 is also leaving many customers disappointed.
2019-3-20
Use props
AQUIF
lvl.4
India

I 'm planning to by M600 Pro with xt2 for almost 6-7 months now.....but these issues are holding me up ......hope DJI resolves these issues ASAP...
many people depend on your systems......

2019-3-26
Use props
dronethermal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1150089 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very similar problem here.  Updated the firmware on my XT2 and now its bricked.
I then reset everything...and then updated the controller, crystalsky and the matrice 201 v2 and still no signs of the XT2 connected.

My supplier says this is happening a lot.  I had to send my back in and they will send me a replacement.

This literally happened out of the box.
2019-4-25
Use props
Cody1234
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same issue, it's unfortunate that we invest so much and get punished for a simple firmware update.
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cody1234 Posted at 5-2 09:20
Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same issue, it's unfortunate that we invest so much and get punished for a simple firmware update.

Hi Cody1234, I'm sorry for the late response. For the camera issue, we sincerely suggest you start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will take care once they received the package, thank you!
2019-5-8
Use props
fans3c8e51ca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472671 ft
Brazil

I also had this problem, when I updated the firmware of the XT2, now the M210 does not recognize it.  I'm losing money and credibility to my clients, is there a way to downgrade?
2019-5-15
Use props
fansc6c9c358
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295266 ft
United States

I also have this exact issue. And it's costing me. This issue, along with other terrible firmware issues, has resulted in me getting quotes from multiple other multirotor companies. I'll steer us away from DJI, I can't be having firmware updates bricking my machines when I'm out trying to fly for my customers.
2019-7-12
Use props
fans73ba0737
lvl.1
France

#Quick Hello,  I have the same problem as everyone else.  After the update attempt, the XT2 no longer transmits images. I have contracts to honor, and I thought I bought professional equipment... Give us a quick solution that does not require a return to the workshop. We look forward to hearing from you, thank you. Here#
2019-7-23
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Glad these updates keep being rolled out! Also kind of happy they stopped with the Mavic
2019-7-23
Use props
fansc6c9c358
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295266 ft
United States

EDIT: It still had the update .bin file on the SD card. Once I deleted that, it worked like it should. So clearly they don't test their "repair", they just send it back after doing whatever. Simply disgusting.

Original message left below so others can see how things are with DJI:

So I shipped my XT2 to DJI, and after 4 weeks I got it back (received it yesterday).

Today I powered it up and it  immediately began beeping like it was trying to do a firmware update. And I get no video. I've let it sit until it makes one long, continuous beep (no stopping, just one long beeeeep), powered cycled it, and it begins beeping again. I've let it sit while beeping for over 20 minutes. No video, no picture, no gimbal control.

Why would DJI return a broken gimbal? A gimbal not really broken, just bad firmware, that I downloaded from their website. Do they do any checks to verify that their repair is actually working before sending it back? Apparently not.

So we had to rent a XT2 for the last 3 weeks (A friend flew for us the first week), at a cost to us of $3210.00

Is DJI going to reimburse us that? And are they going to pay for the next 4 weeks of XT2 rental while they "fix" it again? We have a customer with a critical job that needs to be flown every week. So as our "fixed" gimbal is still broken, we'll have to continue renting the XT2 at a cost of $1000.00 a week.

This is completely unacceptable, and is the perfect definition of horrible customer service.

DJI how are you going to resolve this? Contact me immediately with your solution.
2019-8-8
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>

theres any news on how to fix these problem?
2019-10-10
Use props
ckoskicpasurvey
lvl.1

United States

Any fix yet? Experiencing the same issue. I can move the gimbal but cannot get video feed, and the XT app reads "invalid thermal camera".
2020-2-18
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

fansc6c9c358 Posted at 2019-8-8 14:01
EDIT: It still had the update .bin file on the SD card. Once I deleted that, it worked like it should. So clearly they don't test their "repair", they just send it back after doing whatever. Simply disgusting.

Original message left below so others can see how things are with DJI:

That update file that you found on the SD card was likely the file DJI used to "un-brick" your payload, right? Did you save the file? I have the same issue with the XT2.... In 2024.
1-12 14:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules