New Zenmuse Z30 Firmware Released(2019/02/27)
7705 23 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date :        2019.02.27
  • Zenmuse Z30 Firmware :        v01.00.01.20
  • Gimbal Firmware: v01.01.02.44
  • Camera Firmware: v01.00.00.69

What’s New?
[General]
  • Compatible with Matrice 200 Series V2 aircrafts.

Notes:
  • Zenmuse Z30 firmware can only be updated via the Micro SD card.
  • This firmware is only for updating the Zenmuse Z30 and does not affect the aircraft, Intelligent Flight Battery, or other components.
  • Ensure your aircraft's Intelligent Flight Battery is fully charged and that there are no other firmware files on the Micro SD card before updating.
  • This update takes about five minutes to complete. The aircraft will beep when update finishes.

2019-2-26
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

This was long awaited for, thank you for releasing it!
2019-3-26
Use props
falcon311
lvl.1

United States

Help!  I upgraded firmware from v01.00.00.60 to 01.00.0120 and now the camera points down!  I have a Matrice 210.  Please help.  I cannot find the older version to reinstall.
2019-4-3
Use props
Robbo82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1302 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Falcon, I am having exactly the same problem. Updated firmware and now Z30 camera facing down. Imagery, but no control from the gimbal. Did you manage to get the problem solved?. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
2019-4-28
Use props
Christbouffe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23153 ft
Canada

Hi Falcon and Robbo82,  do you solved problem with tis update? I have the same problem with my Z30. Thank's
2019-4-28
Use props
Robbo82
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Christbouffe Posted at 4-28 11:00
Hi Falcon and Robbo82,  do you solved problem with tis update? I have the same problem with my Z30. Thank's

Hi Christbouffe. I only just updated to new Z30 firmware today, noticed it wasn't the 'up to date' version. I have been on it all day, but pretty sure there is no way to 'roll back' to 01.00.00.60?!. No way to find it, and camera may reject it as an older version and stick with up to date, as per the LOG report you get. It was fine before the update.  I need to call supplier tomorrow and see if there is a work around or fix!! Are you based in the UK?
2019-4-28
Use props
Robbo82
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Christbouffe Posted at 4-28 11:00

Hi Christbouffe. I only just updated to new Z30 firmware today, noticed it wasn't the 'up to date' version. I have been on it all day, but pretty sure there is no way to 'roll back' to 01.00.00.60?!. No way to find it, and camera may reject it as an older version and stick with up to date, as per the LOG report you get. It was fine before the update.  I need to call supplier tomorrow and see if there is a work around or fix!! Are you based in the UK?
2019-4-28
Use props
Christbouffe
lvl.1
Canada

thank you for following
2019-5-6
Use props
Christbouffe
lvl.1
Canada

thank you for following. I'm in Canada, Quebec City.
2019-5-6
Use props
Christbouffe
lvl.1
Canada

Robbo82 Posted at 4-28 11:14

Hi Robbo82, I have discussed with my provider and he has no idea how to solve the problem.  I am discouraging with what independence of DJI on solving the firmware problem with the Z30.
2019-5-6
Use props
smittybombs
lvl.1

United States

I have an M210 RTK and after updating the Z30 I have virtually no gimbal control. During startup, the camera spins around and does the normal movements. When it is done it faces forward like it should, but I cannot move it. If I hold the tilt or pan wheels down, it will move VERY slowly and VERY slightly...like only by two degrees over 20 or so seconds and then it stops. I have increased gimbal speeds, reset camera settings, etc. I can't think of anything else to try. The Z30 image is fine, and all camera settings are there and adjustable.

My X4S, X5S and XT2 all work fine.
2019-5-6
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

10 minutes and still going, Daaaah, da da....
2019-5-6
Use props
ustitalia
lvl.1
Italy

Hi to everyone,
we have similar problems upgrading Z30 firmware (Z30 attached to M600 PRO RTK): during upgrade, after an initial time with regular upgrade beeping, camera starts rotating and shaking fast and furiously.

I turned off the drone and now when I turn M600 on the camera, after normal boot movements, starts to rotate and shake with no solutions.

How can I downgrade firmware? Or how to solve this frustrating issue?

Thanks in advance,

Daniele
2019-5-6
Use props
Smittybombs
lvl.1

United States

After some more testing, the Z30 works on my M210 RTK when in gimbal slot 2 and when the gimbals are tied together in Pilot. This works with the X4S, X5S or XT2 in slot 1. But the Z30 will not work if it is independent.

Obviously the gimbal on the Z30 is fine. It must be a firmware issue.
2019-5-7
Use props
Artemoha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328999 ft
Belarus

After updating the firmware, the Z30's camera doesn’t focus well. Almost always need a manual focus. Anyone else have this problem?
2019-5-10
Use props
Robbo82
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Christbouffe Posted at 5-6 04:20
Hi Robbo82, I have discussed with my provider and he has no idea how to solve the problem.  I am discouraging with what independence of DJI on solving the firmware problem with the Z30.

Hi Christbouffe.

There was no roll back or work around in the end unfortunately for us. I would describe the camera gimbal as 'bricked' as a result of a failed or corrupt firmware update. However, only speculation as I have not had a report from DJI yet. We ended up bringing the Z30 to our distributor but they could not resolve the problem. The Z30 was sent to DJI China.

Couple of weeks have passed and we have received the Z30 back. It has been reported as fixed. There current firmware is loaded and no problems.

I am enquiring as to the cause and fix, in order to avoid future problems and will let you know what feedback i receive, if any.

I hope you have managed to resolve your problem also.  
2019-5-31
Use props
DaiGriff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all...i'm a few months late but I had the same issue and after speaking to DJI support they sent me the .47 firmware as they didn't know why it was not working. I was able to roll-back and get the Z30 working. Steps as follows:
1.   Store the firmware package on the camera’s SD card
2.   Create a TXT file in the folder where the firmware package is stored and rename it.  For the Zenmuse Z30, rename it as “ZENMUSEZ30_FW_DEBUG”.
3.   Remove “.txt” from the file’s name.
4.   Do NOT switch on the controller
5.   Insert the SD card into the camera, power on the camera...the camera should move around, up down and beep 4 times over and over. When it has completed it will beep 3 times.
6.   Switch off, take out the SD card and check the TXT file...you should see that it has rolled back.
7.   Start everything per normal and it should be working...time to rejoice!!

2020-2-4
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

I have made the mistake of updating my z30 firmware and now my camera is "bricked".   Do anyone have a copy of .47 firmware that they can share?

Thanks
Ed
2020-5-31
Use props
DaiGriff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ETA Posted at 5-31 10:41
Hi All,

I have made the mistake of updating my z30 firmware and now my camera is "bricked".   Do anyone have a copy of .47 firmware that they can share?

Sent you a PM with a download link
2020-6-20
Use props
Shaks
lvl.1

Romania

DaiGriff Posted at 6-20 07:39

Dear DaiGriff, can you please send me the download link?
On M210, camera works fine, zooms fine, but stays downwards.
Thanks in advance!
2020-10-10
Use props
Tulkstar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86043 ft
Australia

DaiGriff Posted at 6-20 07:39

Can I please too have the link
2020-11-26
Use props
SearchAndRescueDroneServiceNorway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 967736 ft

Norway

DaiGriff Posted at 2020-2-4 14:05
Hi all...i'm a few months late but I had the same issue and after speaking to DJI support they sent me the .47 firmware as they didn't know why it was not working. I was able to roll-back and get the Z30 working. Steps as follows:
1.   Store the firmware package on the camera’s SD card
2.   Create a TXT file in the folder where the firmware package is stored and rename it.  For the Zenmuse Z30, rename it as “ZENMUSEZ30_FW_DEBUG”.

Hi All, can you please send me a link for download. Im realy stuck here.
2021-1-8
Use props
fans717d51ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2209275 ft
Poland

Hi guys !

I need help camera Is shaking after firmware update:

Zenmuse Z30 Firmware V01.00.07.10

Someone have older version of z30 firmware ?

Please send me on email.
2021-2-24
Use props
Mooregp
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone still have this download link to get the old firmware file?  Please share.
2022-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules