Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
unlocking in an Authorization Zone?
2773 7 2019-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all - just wondeging if anyone has run into this issue before. I live in what's now an Authorization Zone, in the past I've been anle to request an unlock code and it's worked fine. Today, I tried the same thing using my Smart Controller and the process seemed to work. I received notice that the unlock was successful, however; when I tried to take off I was told again that I was in an Authorization ZOne and needed to request unlock. I tried requesting a code twice but the result was the same. Seems like I'm stuck in a loop when the controller tells me the unlock is successful but the aircraft is unable to take off. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you solve it?
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the Inconvenience. With regards to that, we highly suggest reaching out directly the fly safe team for them to provide the possible resolution. You may just send an email here flysafe@dji.com
Best Regards!
2019-2-27
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

manfredo - when you got the unlock, does it give you the opportunity to IMPORT it to the AIRCRAFT?  Sounds like that is what you need.  Anything else I probably would not know,because, I have done it only a few times.  Hope you are able to get things set right.
2019-2-27
Use props
fansf768a42a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418724 ft
United States

I can't tell you he exact procedure, but there's a menu item in settings that allows you to transfer the unlock code from the controller to the aircraft. Quick and easy. But if you do it at home before you go fly, and power down the aircraft, you'll have to do it again to fly. You can't request the unlock from a mobile device for some reason. I tried, and got that message. Had to go home and get on a computer.
2019-2-27
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

I stay within 3 miles of airport. I do request for authorization it verifies over phone no and let me fly. I usually authorize to fly within my garage for any settings only.
2019-2-27
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansf768a42a Posted at 2-27 20:38
I can't tell you he exact procedure, but there's a menu item in settings that allows you to transfer the unlock code from the controller to the aircraft. Quick and easy. But if you do it at home before you go fly, and power down the aircraft, you'll have to do it again to fly. You can't request the unlock from a mobile device for some reason. I tried, and got that message. Had to go home and get on a computer.

Thanks! I was able to get it resolved by ocontacting DJI as suggested above. I'm not sure why it didn't work this time but I have successfully requested several unlock codes using my mobile before. FWIW - Even via my computer it would not work. Odd but DJi was able to assist in a relatively quick manner so that's great
2019-2-28
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ajrulez Posted at 2-27 22:37
I stay within 3 miles of airport. I do request for authorization it verifies over phone no and let me fly. I usually authorize to fly within my garage for any settings only.

Thanks, unfortunately I live 2.5 miles of an airport and the new GEO update has me in an authorization zone. Havng said that, the unlock via mobile has always worked but yesterday with my new Smart Controller it did not. DJI was able to corrcet it remotely and all is good now. Just in case anyone is wondering why I was flying inside an Auth Zone, I was trying to help my neighbor inspect his roof as he has a leak.
2019-2-28
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

Yea. I haven't flown in a week for now. Let me try today.
2019-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules