Camera specs P4P Pro and Mavic Pro. Differences?
1390 7 2019-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffreyS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71936 ft
United States

I own a couople of P4P Pro V2 units and am now noticing the similar camera on the Mavic Pro.  Both are 20MP from a 1" sensor.  I believe the P4P camera is made by Sony and the Mavic Pro camera is made by Hasselblad. Is the RAW still image and 4K video output identical?  Quality-wise?  Does anyone here know the differences?
2019-2-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The cameras themselves are not made by Sony, they simply supply the sensors. I suspect the M2P camera is not made by Hasselblad either, they may have had a hand in the design, but more likely the name has been applied to increase the perceived value of the camera, since DJI own an interest in Hasselbald. I also suspect the sensors are the same in both cameras, ie Sony ones. And I suspect that the output files are the same too.
2019-2-27
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

I finally found the feature on the DJI site that allows me to select different products and compare specs side by side.  I see the imaging capability of the Mavic2 Pro is quite similar to the P4P V2.  The main difference for me is there is no mechanical shutter on the Mavic.  I think that is important as I am primarily a still image photographer.  I'm also concerned with image quality, and there is no way I'll ever know unless I have both models in hand for comparison.  I also wonder if one drone will remain more still while hovering.
2019-2-28
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and just got my P4P back today from repairs.  Defitely better camera on the P4P.  Sharper photos, more dynamic range ( I see when adjusting raws), video also uses more of the senor on P4P.  But the Mavic 2 Pro is still great,  its just trying to be a P4P.  P4P also has mechanical shutter.
2019-2-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JeffreyS Posted at 2-28 09:33
I finally found the feature on the DJI site that allows me to select different products and compare specs side by side.  I see the imaging capability of the Mavic2 Pro is quite similar to the P4P V2.  The main difference for me is there is no mechanical shutter on the Mavic.  I think that is important as I am primarily a still image photographer.  I'm also concerned with image quality, and there is no way I'll ever know unless I have both models in hand for comparison.  I also wonder if one drone will remain more still while hovering.

If the MP1 is anything to go by then  i would say the P4P is more stable in stronger winds, with calmer winds i believe the MP2 is rock solid, Just think of the MP2 as being a worthy compact drone, but with some trade offs in image quality, although, not greatly noticeable to the average Bob.
2019-2-28
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

Thanks, Bashy.  I think you are right.  Most people think lousy photographs are wonderful. Sadly, I am a very particular photographer and demand the best quality in my work.  My P4P is adequate, but won't provide results like my pro Canon body.  I see the MP2 is not a step up or an equivalent, so I'll patiently wait to see what develops.
2019-3-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JeffreyS Posted at 3-1 08:34
Thanks, Bashy.  I think you are right.  Most people think lousy photographs are wonderful. Sadly, I am a very particular photographer and demand the best quality in my work.  My P4P is adequate, but won't provide results like my pro Canon body.  I see the MP2 is not a step up or an equivalent, so I'll patiently wait to see what develops.

Given that the cost of the camera alone on a P4P would not buy you a lens cap for your Canon, it is not surprising. Keep in mind that the very affordable P4P is mostly a remotely piloted aircraft,the camera part is extremely basic. Despite that, the camera specifications for making a camera designed for aerial photography are not that demanding. All up, it does a fantastic job for the money.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for raising this inquiry. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can compare the overview and the specifications of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 with the DJI Mavic Pro. You can also use this link to compare other DJI drones. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2019-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules