New Mavic Air Firmware Released (2019/02/28)
50317 79 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 11:26
while its all good for safety and getting approval..  not having the ability to kill the safety function is seriously concerning...   the drone is capable of doing pretty much everything itself without user input already, and doesn't take much imagination to see how if one of those safety features malfunctioned it may cause the drone to fly where it shouldn't and act like it shouldn't.   etc etc.      also the NFZ glitches that happen people forced into landing cuz the drone was confused about an NFZ/authorized zone... it allowed take off and flight initially then something happened and it decided best thing is to force landing regardless of surroundings.     

I worry more than ever in spite of all these features, and information, there are still those who want to fly in unauthorized areas. it is really very very difficult that what you describe is happening ... if you take your checklist before taking off, wait a few seconds after taking off to listen to the sound and check the stability ... so stay in a safe area. here is the time where maybe it can happen ... and anyway ... the law says that in case the drone is in the vicinity of an aircraft ... the pilot drone must land as quickly as possible or in any case remove himself from the aircraft area ... so ... although his pilot , don’t do the check list properly , don’t ensure GPS , Home point updated , and a previous around area check ... the poor Drone  .. when discover all of this ... and open his eyes on NFZ ... where will be very probably next on a aircraft ... he decide that maybe will be the time to finally land ... escaping from his remote operator and follow the predicateds rules
2019-3-2
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated all ok - all seems fine, now will it fly any longer now??
2019-3-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 3-3 04:59
Updated all ok - all seems fine, now will it fly any longer now??

probably very little differance either way less or more life... the curve that DJI has applied basically pushing voltage to percentage curve slightly upwards..  for me i noticed it doesn't feel like im on a steep cliff when my batteries are getting weak and im out flying before it felt like once got a low battery you were on edge of a cliff and it was going to rapidly drain faster and faster... not as steep now.    but runtime seems very similar almost the same thus far.   
2019-3-3
Use props
fans9de3da2c
New

Poland

Before this update I met with very dangerous situation. I have two Mavick Air combo. One day I was flying, two batteries was ok, the third one dropped from about 60% to 0% in second and the drone started lowering in the place it was. Thanks to God I wasn't above some water...
Next day I took my second Mavick, first battery was fine, the second failed - 50% to 0%, the third one 78% to 0%.
Summary: Two different, new(purchased week before) Mavicks, six different batteries and three emergency landing...
The only positive thing was that I was above safe to landing place. If it was some water I would probably lose my drone!
2019-3-3
Use props
powell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 706411 ft
Poland

fans9de3da2c Posted at 3-3 23:49
Before this update I met with very dangerous situation. I have two Mavick Air combo. One day I was flying, two batteries was ok, the third one dropped from about 60% to 0% in second and the drone started lowering in the place it was. Thanks to God I wasn't above some water...
Next day I took my second Mavick, first battery was fine, the second failed - 50% to 0%, the third one 78% to 0%.
Summary: Two different, new(purchased week before) Mavicks, six different batteries and three emergency landing...

What was the temperature outside ?
2019-3-4
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

any1 got weather good enough for more tests of this update? no drifts, no other new problems emerged?
2019-3-5
Use props
LexonTuxi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176024 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-2 22:49
Does anyone here have any issues with Assistant 2 seeing this new Mavic Air update? When I plug mine in, Ass2 just says it's current - with v...500?

+1  no update available for me - DJI app says no update for my mavic air ... and i'm still on .500
2019-3-6
Use props
Reggy777
lvl.1

Spain

Perfect video!
2019-3-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LexonTuxi Posted at 3-6 01:19
+1  no update available for me - DJI app says no update for my mavic air ... and i'm still on .500

Are you runnng Ass2 on a PC? Do you connect to internet through a VPN? Just grasping at straws now, given that there aren't others reporting this issue.
2019-3-6
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Update done, no problems. Two test flights since then, I like the camera adjust with the wheel. So far so good
2019-3-7
Use props
LexonTuxi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176024 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-6 13:40
Are you runnng Ass2 on a PC? Do you connect to internet through a VPN? Just grasping at straws now, given that there aren't others reporting this issue.

give it one more try yesterday - after rebooting the aircraft the update was shown + worked fine
2019-3-8
Use props
wolframmitbach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 157379 ft
Austria

When -i try to update my Mavic Air to 1.00.0560 I'm getting an error code 0x03080113.
Can anybody please help?
Thanks Wolfram
2019-3-10
Use props
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20039 ft
Canada

Just an update... I've updated the firmware and finally got a chance to fly today. Pretty much identical conditions to when I had the issue with the battery dropping from 54% to 0% instantly.

Glad to report that I took both batteries down to 28% without any issues at all. I'll be sure to report back if it happens again, but my fingers are crossed that this firmware update helps resolve that problem.
2019-3-10
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

Bill B Posted at 2-28 09:33
I agree with your post. If you are all about updating each time ....do it. I used to be that way, but things have changed. I updated my mavic pro a year ago, and after I did the craft was unusable on my s5 The video pixilated out and was of no use to me. Luckily I have an Ipad air 2 and that devise has a bit more horsepower and it runs fine on that device. I have since downgraded my s5 to a version of dji go that is 3 releases old and all is well again. My point is, that if all is working, stay put. Or be ready to find that the current device and what you are accustomed to have working, might not after the update. As for the NFZ. I don't break the law either. BUT it is not DJIs place to limit where my quad will start or not. They can include the NFZs in the software and even make you accept responsibility for any and all flights you take. Weather you are in a NFZ or not. That absolves them from being liable and puts the consequences of your actions on you, the pilot. I spent a grand on each quad, let me fly it. I'm capable of understanding where I am flying, and the responsibility I have to the whole drone community. Don't punish me for the few waterheads out there.  Happy flying.

I agree
2019-3-12
Use props
djiuser_aoF3PUHpBcOW
New
United States

Anyone who updated the firmware,  have you noticed any issues or unlisted improvements after updating? Thanks.
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_aoF3PUHpBcOW Posted at 3-15 10:09
Anyone who updated the firmware,  have you noticed any issues or unlisted improvements after updating? Thanks.

not really for unlisted improvements.  seems to be a slight update for population system as i get less judder using modded props then i used to.   but its very small.
maybe  active track/obstacle avoidance:  it maybe just me..but it feels like its a little smarter and little less lazy, more willing to try to keep up and try to remain smooth, it even was comfortable following me closer to a wall walking town sidewalk where .500 OA would not let it get close, it would chirp then get "stuck" not wanting to move back and forward, .560 seems to not mind it as much.   i only done a few tests, all today.. so cant say it is actually improved, but seems like dji may have tweaked it little bit from my testing..   but this could all be cuz tuned avoidance system a bit may not be active track is turneed... i dont know
battery life seems about the same, seems DJI did was they change the power to percentage curve a bit so maybe a few people may experience slightly less battery life because of that initially,  but overall im seeing the same runtimes.   really what i noticed is more linear, doesn't feel like as my battery getting weaker that percentage is falling off a cliff like it used it.   

2019-3-15
Use props
JeffSmythe
New

Thailand

I want to upgrade but a bit worried. Anyone done it successfully?
2019-3-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JeffSmythe Posted at 3-16 00:56
I want to upgrade but a bit worried. Anyone done it successfully?

ya .560 is stable, i seen no complaints
2019-3-16
Use props
jh8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm pretty sure we would have seen "Improved xxxxx" entries in the release notes if any work was done in other areas than the battery. I suspect that any reports of changed behavior are probably caused by placebo effect/wishful thinking/coincidence. ;)

I agree they could have added at least:
- Camera up/down with Function button
- Continuous homepoint
2019-3-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just saw this DJI Announcement for the Mavic Air Firmware Update.  I haven't been checking the forums weekly so this one snuck by me.   From what I've read in the above posts it seems those who have decided to upgrade to this newest aircraft firmware (v01.00.0560) are not reporting any issues.  It's still a little early for me to feel 100% comfortable this new Mavic Air firmware isn't going to result in other unforeseen problems.  I have a feeling many Mavic Air owners haven't yet seen this firmware update or announcement.  Especially with the colder weather (here in USA - New Jersey) and other parts of the country.

I'm going to sit tight a little longer before upgrading.  I'm actually still running 0.0300 firmware without issues.  

Will be interesting to see if this is finally a SOLID AirCraft Firmware update from DJI for the Mavic Air.  I'll be watching this forum for comments and feedback from others.  For those of you who don't know me I also have a YouTube Channel and would love to be able to finally recommend this firmware version if it's solid.   The previous two (2) firmware releases I could NOT recommend...crossing my fingers for this release!

2019-3-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Follow Up Item:

In the previous Mavic Air Firmware one could roll-back from 0.0500 to 0.0400 firmware (using DJI Assistant 2).   But you could NOT rollback to earlier versions like 0.0300 firmware.  

Anyone have a chance to test the roll-back of this new firmware and how far back you can go?   I'm thinking nothings changed and we're still limited to 0.0400.  

Thank you in advance....
2019-3-18
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Seeing that I`ve got 8 batteries I`ve got to update 8X
2019-3-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 3-18 10:37
Seeing that I`ve got 8 batteries I`ve got to update 8X

Nice!  Eight (8) batteries...now, that's some good airtime!  
2019-3-18
Use props
fanscc168dcb
New

Brazil

Hi there, my Mavic air is requesting compass calibration at all times and when I follow the steps it gives ne an error and mentions that there is strong magnetic interference.
I have tried the calibration in many different places and many different scenarios. Open field, close by the beach, parking and mountain. None of them work. I am not sure if the compass is broken and simply does not calibrate at all.
2019-3-20
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

fanscc168dcb Posted at 3-20 09:09
Hi there, my Mavic air is requesting compass calibration at all times and when I follow the steps it gives ne an error and mentions that there is strong magnetic interference.
I have tried the calibration in many different places and many different scenarios. Open field, close by the beach, parking and mountain. None of them work. I am not sure if the compass is broken and simply does not calibrate at all.

I have also had a few issues with compass calibration.

My methodology now is to stand well away from my car.
Make sure that I have not other metal objects such as small change money.
I once even took off my watch
I used to put my RC down on the ground , making sure that the Mavic Air and the RC is within 500mm from each other and then turn the Mavic Air with two hands around each axis.  Even then I go some errors. Then I saw what a guy did.  He would hold the controller in his left hand and hold the Mavic Air in his other hand.  Then he walks "AROUND"the Mavic Air holding it in the horisontal position.  Then when the quest comes up for "vertical" calibration he just turns the Mavic Air on it "side" and walk in the same circle that the did for the horisontal calibration and since then I have had only occasional errors.
2019-3-23
Use props
Richard Lanthier
lvl.2

Canada

I've upgraded to .560. I flew for about one hour.  In one flight, it was very windy, gust of 40 mph. No problem so far.
2019-3-24
Use props
dji_OlivierG34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464072 ft

France

Hi,
Strange issue regarding my MA with the last updateS (Android APP and Drone). All software versions are up to date.
It seems (at least on my phone), it is no possibile anymore to switch from CE to FCC.
Fake GPS apps (like Floater) doesn't seem to work.
Am i the only  one locked with CE mode (13+ channels and 5.8Ghz)
Thanks for your help !
2019-3-25
Use props
dji_OlivierG34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464072 ft

France

dji_OlivierG34 Posted at 3-25 04:47
Hi,
Strange issue regarding my MA with the last updateS (Android APP and Drone). All software versions are up to date.
It seems (at least on my phone), it is no possibile anymore to switch from CE to FCC.

Ok....my bad...but not exactly my fault ;)
It seems DJI's developpers improved a little bit the GPS Location engine on DJI Go for Android. They retrieve GPS usual location frames BUT they also rely on AGPS informations.
So be sure to adjust (reduce) your phone parameters (location accuracy).
Hope this helps
2019-3-25
Use props
fans958ee7cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482 ft
New Zealand

VisualeyesAerial Posted at 3-1 07:29
It's not DJI's place to tell you where to launch your drone?  WHAT?!?  Dude.....

Imagine the liability they'd have without it and some person causes some major damage/injury do to lack of safety integration!  Guess what's not being sold in the US without it?  Your drone!  Don't be silly!

By the same logic how many gun manufacturers in the U.S, have been held accountable for their guns (even hunting rifles)being able to kill human beings.
The caveat here is "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"
2019-3-28
Use props
djiuser_5a08A4OlUff8
New
United States

I'm at.0400 and I cannot update. Using Nvidia tablet at Android 7.0 and  DJI GO 4 at 4.3.14. Craft will not update. Craft will not take Geo Zone update permissions.
Any body got any Ideas on how to made this happen?
Thanks in advance!

2019-3-30
Use props
povzek
lvl.2

Slovenia

Hi guys!
Something really weird happened to me yesterday. I updated my air 2 days ago and yesterday I took it out for a try.
First thing that bothered me, was the fact that it took almost 2min to find good enough GPS for it to ascend. But OK, I figured it had to be due to the fact I was in a canyon...
Than after about 7min in my flight time I decided to bring it home (I had my air about 100m high and 100m away from me). So I pressed the RTH button and the drone was on its way home. But then, when it was 24m away from me, the app lost connecting to the drone and the screen went black. Again I figured OK, maby just a glitch, the important thing is that my drone is on its way home for a safe landing! WRONG - the drone just started to descend when it lost the connection even though I have it set to return home when it looses connection. And it started descending right above the river - you can imagine me panicking...
2019-3-31
Use props
povzek
lvl.2

Slovenia

And now the weirdest thing: when the drone descended to about 1,5m from the river it just stoped and hovered in place. So with the app still nonresponsive I had no other choice but to grab the drone mid air and turn it off manualy...
Has something like this ever happened to any of you?
I was using my iphone 6 this time.
And why can’t I send my air further than 150m from me? It always tells me that there is too much interference, even when I am on an open field...
2019-3-31
Use props
mgham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33087 ft
United States

When I try to update this firmware notice, I get an error message that some harware is not compatable with this update.  The Drone (Mavic Air) was replaced by DJI Refresh on 3/29.2019.
2019-4-9
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

mgham Posted at 4-9 03:43
When I try to update this firmware notice, I get an error message that some harware is not compatable with this update.  The Drone (Mavic Air) was replaced by DJI Refresh on 3/29.2019.

it is giving you a signal that the battery needs an update as well. Restart the aircraft and perform the update on the batteries.
2019-4-9
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2-28 01:41
will the camera down feature be included? I cant do this update till tonight, now I'm all fidgety!

What's a "camera down" feature?
2019-4-23
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amarand Posted at 4-23 11:12
What's a "camera down" feature?

it basically on all the other drones where you can use the programmable button to flip the camera through 90 degrees downwards and then press again to point forwards again its really handy for landing and to capture cross ground shots (at present you need to scroll the camera down and its slow or you can drag your finger down the screen for the same thing. We were told that it is only a pro feature but it was on all the phantom models and the spark!  The software is already on the DJI GO app so it really wouldnt be that difficult for them to release at the next bundle but they either just dont care or dont listen,
There are lots of other features it could have but this is just a simple fix that would also add consistency across the ranges, At a glance you only have the MA so probably wont have missed this feature but if it was there I bet you would use it, it makes filming downward views and forward views much easier.
2019-4-23
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

Schmooit Posted at 4-23 23:10
it basically on all the other drones where you can use the programmable button to flip the camera through 90 degrees downwards and then press again to point forwards again its really handy for landing and to capture cross ground shots (at present you need to scroll the camera down and its slow or you can drag your finger down the screen for the same thing. We were told that it is only a pro feature but it was on all the phantom models and the spark!  The software is already on the DJI GO app so it really wouldnt be that difficult for them to release at the next bundle but they either just dont care or dont listen,
There are lots of other features it could have but this is just a simple fix that would also add consistency across the ranges, At a glance you only have the MA so probably wont have missed this feature but if it was there I bet you would use it, it makes filming downward views and forward views much easier.

I literally just experienced this when I was taking a post-sealing of my driveway. I wanted to tell the gimbal "straight down" but couldn't. And of course, after I did the down-shot, I wanted it to come back to straight-forward. I've heard it can do one of those, but not both?

Also, dumb question, but why wouldn't I miss forward/down flipping with the MA? I know the camera isn't as good, but it's the main reason why I fly. (Shooting RAW photography of fun things.)

Thanks!
2019-4-25
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amarand Posted at 4-25 10:19
I literally just experienced this when I was taking a post-sealing of my driveway. I wanted to tell the gimbal "straight down" but couldn't. And of course, after I did the down-shot, I wanted it to come back to straight-forward. I've heard it can do one of those, but not both?

Also, dumb question, but why wouldn't I miss forward/down flipping with the MA? I know the camera isn't as good, but it's the main reason why I fly. (Shooting RAW photography of fun things.)

You can flip the camera back to its native home position but have to scroll it back down slowly, for me an others its a pain in the proverbial!
When I said you might not miss it was because you have not gotten used to the feature as a normal feature as owner of older DJI drones have, but it only proves the point that DJI should bring this into the next release of the MA to bring it in lone with all the others as it is clearly a useful feature, ( you are relatively new to drone piloting, no offence meant) and you can already see the benefits of this feature and it makes it much easier in post when editing. I only wish DJI would listen to us but hey I would also like a winning lottery ticket and I reckon Im more likely getting a win on the lottery!
2019-4-26
Use props
nubbix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165062 ft
Norway

Question, if the firmware brakes the drone in flight, will DJI then be responsible for fixing it?
2019-5-3
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Hola

Cual es el ultimo firmware para el air ? Muchas Gracias
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now