Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released
12Next >
6045 74 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bimmer1122
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481844 ft
Philippines

Overview
  • Date : 2019.02.28
  • Aircraft Firmware : v01.00.0560
  • Remote Controller Firmware : v01.00.0200
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.3.12
  • DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.3.12

What’s New?
  • Aircraft: Optimized battery level algorithm.

2019-2-28
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cool, updating now, thanks for the heads up.
2019-2-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice . Thanks for sharing
2019-2-28
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-28
Use props
ScanDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Just updated my MA and the 3 batteries using DJI Go 4.3.12 on iOS 12.1.4 without any issues.
Took it out for a short flight and couldn't see any problems what so ever.
Not sure what "Optimized battery level algorithm" would mean, anyone having an idea?
2019-2-28
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

No idea what Optimized Battery Algorithm means, but there were a handful of reports of situations where people had battery level go from like 60% to 0% just about instantly.  Wondering if this deals with bad cell issues or those types of situations better.  
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Bimmer1122, thanks for sharing the update. Also, please take note of the following items below:
·  Make sure you update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest 4.3.0 version or higher before updating the firmware.
·  Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
·  Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take     note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference. ·  This firmware update resets the camera settings.
·  If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

2019-2-28
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

ScanDrone Posted at 2-28 08:00
Just updated my MA and the 3 batteries using DJI Go 4.3.12 on iOS 12.1.4 without any issues.
Took it out for a short flight and couldn't see any problems what so ever.
Not sure what "Optimized battery level algorithm" would mean, anyone having an idea?

Did you have to update batteries as well? I had to update only AC (AIR).
Thank you
2019-2-28
Use props
larryc43230
lvl.4
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

kovat53 Posted at 2-28 09:09
Did you have to update batteries as well? I had to update only AC (AIR).
Thank you

I just updated the MA firmware (everything went smoothly), and at least with the battery I used in the drone, no new battery firmware was needed. Since I bought all four of my batteries at the same time, with the same battery firmware, my guess is that there was no battery firmware included with this latest release.

Larry
2019-2-28
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

larryc43230 Posted at 2-28 10:17
I just updated the MA firmware (everything went smoothly), and at least with the battery I used in the drone, no new battery firmware was needed. Since I bought all four of my batteries at the same time, with the same battery firmware, my guess is that there was no battery firmware included with this latest release.

Larry

Thanks for your reply.
2019-2-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

kovat53 Posted at 2-28 10:19
Thanks for your reply.

No remote or battery update .
2019-2-28
Use props
ScanDrone
lvl.4
United States

kovat53 Posted at 2-28 09:09
Did you have to update batteries as well? I had to update only AC (AIR).
Thank you

I actually had to update all my batteries. When I restarted after AC update and changed battery, I got a message about inconsistent fw asking to update. I may remember wrong, but I think all my batteries had been updated with prior/latest fw.
2019-2-28
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

It says not for mavic air programmable evolution capability
Gotta read the whole change in lieu of download summary
2019-2-28
Use props
djiuser_iCby8PEY0bYZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26175 ft

United States

ScanDrone Posted at 2-28 11:16
I actually had to update all my batteries. When I restarted after AC update and changed battery, I got a message about inconsistent fw asking to update. I may remember wrong, but I think all my batteries had been updated with prior/latest fw.

Yes, the batteries have an update as well. My batteries also took an update when a new battery was installed, and remote connected to the drone.
2019-2-28
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

How long takes the update procedure done with dji go app?
2019-2-28
Use props
ScanDrone
lvl.4
United States

StevenQX Posted at 2-28 16:41
How long takes the update procedure done with dji go app?

Didn’t time it, but would say it took me about 10 min. It of course depends much on your internet download speed.
2019-2-28
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

It would be predictable need fw battery via demarcation issued serial number, right?
You'll know before flashing.
Why
Users have many spares right?
Then need be get'em all one sitting addressing debut fw
2019-2-28
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

This morn triple nags fw gjigo4 flysafe whallopping preflight chks
Postponed for favored meteorlogical conditions, flying supercedes updates regardless flysafely all the while prior.
2019-2-28
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Yep same here, did the update with DJI Assist 2 and all went fine, thought I would try with app connected and that did a map thingy update then the window popped up about inconsistency so as I write this on battery number 2 of 4...
2019-3-1
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Oppsss duplicate message, for some reason Chrome has stopped refreshing the page once I send a message on here??
2019-3-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-3-1
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

Finally me  too! I have three batteries. One probably was updated at the same time with the FW update , the remaining two had to be updated when I inserted them into MA for the first time after the FW update Anyway thank you for your response.
2019-3-1
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing, now I've gotta go do that.
2019-3-1
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Any battery life improvement? For those who have update and flew
2019-3-1
Use props
Stroodle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2524544 ft
Canada

kovat53 Posted at 3-1 08:38
Finally me  too! I have three batteries. One probably was updated at the same time with the FW update , the remaining two had to be updated when I inserted them into MA for the first time after the FW update Anyway thank you for your response.

Same here - 1 battery updated during FW update and then the other 3 batteries once they were installed.  Took approx. 1/2hr for the entire process with 4 batteries and the geolocation update through DJI4go app on iOS.
2019-3-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

given the mavic air reboot during install and at the end this tells me is bigger than just a battery optimizations...  just only thing we got currently with this update/only thing listed
2019-3-1
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your focus on your camera is wrong
2019-3-1
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 2-28 13:20
It says not for mavic air programmable evolution capability
Gotta read the whole change in lieu of download summary

Ain't that the truth, we have a lot of selective readers in this forum.
2019-3-1
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great news, thank you.
2019-3-1
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Djigo4 apk is quarter gb, came superfast yestetday and installed superfast. But flight this morn no fw for bat and bird, weird.
At least beijing debuts each time viewing flysafe which is invaluable scrolling into honolulu do's and don'ts
2019-3-1
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

JEZ2 Posted at 2-28 08:04
No idea what Optimized Battery Algorithm means, but there were a handful of reports of situations where people had battery level go from like 60% to 0% just about instantly.  Wondering if this deals with bad cell issues or those types of situations better.

I've had two MA batteries do this. One was replace but the other sits on the shelf because it was out of warranty. Can't fly with it because the voltage randomly drops to zero and the Mavic Air just lands with almost no control. Excited to do these updates to drone and battery and see if I can use it again.
2019-3-1
Use props
Chobanov
New
Bulgaria

Can I update all batteries ?
2019-3-2
Use props
larryc43230
lvl.4
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

Chobanov Posted at 3-2 02:51
Can I update all batteries ?

Sure. After you've updated the Mavic Air (and the battery that happens to be in it), shut off the drone, insert another battery, and power up the drone. DJI GO 4 should detect the different battery and display a message that refers to incompatible software or firmware (or something similar). The update will then be applied to this battery (the drone will restart one or more times during the update).

Shut down the drone, insert the next battery, and repeat as necessary. I updated my four batteries this way yesterday.

Larry
2019-3-2
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

Has anyone had any issues with the latest FW
2019-3-2
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

larryc43230 Posted at 3-2 05:00
Sure. After you've updated the Mavic Air (and the battery that happens to be in it), shut off the drone, insert another battery, and power up the drone. DJI GO 4 should detect the different battery and display a message that refers to incompatible software or firmware (or something similar). The update will then be applied to this battery (the drone will restart one or more times during the update).

Shut down the drone, insert the next battery, and repeat as necessary. I updated my four batteries this way yesterday.

Great explanation
2019-3-2
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

larryc43230 Posted at 3-2 05:00
Sure. After you've updated the Mavic Air (and the battery that happens to be in it), shut off the drone, insert another battery, and power up the drone. DJI GO 4 should detect the different battery and display a message that refers to incompatible software or firmware (or something similar). The update will then be applied to this battery (the drone will restart one or more times during the update).

exact! explanation. Thank you
2019-3-2
Use props
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20039 ft
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 3-1 22:58
I've had two MA batteries do this. One was replace but the other sits on the shelf because it was out of warranty. Can't fly with it because the voltage randomly drops to zero and the Mavic Air just lands with almost no control. Excited to do these updates to drone and battery and see if I can use it again.

I’ve got a brand new battery that I’ve only used once and it did this. I doubt I’ll get a chance to try anything soon as the weather here is ridiculously cold.

Would you mind giving us an update if you get a chance to update your batteries and test them out? My fingers are crossed that it will resolve this issue - as it’s hard to have a lot of faith in flying if you never know whether the battery is going to fail.
2019-3-2
Use props
Seco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44885 ft

United States

Appreciate the heads up.  I think I downloaded properly however I just got a window pop up on the app that states; "Inconsistent Firmware Found" and goes on to say, "Firmware incompatibility between modules and current device detected. Are you sure you want to update firmware?" Has anyone received this before? First time I've seen it pop up.  
2019-3-2
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

SaskDJI Posted at 3-2 12:33
I’ve got a brand new battery that I’ve only used once and it did this. I doubt I’ll get a chance to try anything soon as the weather here is ridiculously cold.

Would you mind giving us an update if you get a chance to update your batteries and test them out? My fingers are crossed that it will resolve this issue - as it’s hard to have a lot of faith in flying if you never know whether the battery is going to fail.

I know. I WANT to take the Mavic Air to Ireland in a few weeks because it's smaller and easier to travel with, but if I don't feel totally comfortable with the batteries then I'm taking the Mavic Pro Platinum. But the MPP is a lot bigger and harder to just throw in a bag (man-purse). I'll get my stuff updated and report back. It's cold here but I'm going to fly anyway. I'll just sit in my car and fly the drone over a baseball field and test each battery a few times so see if these updates worked.
2019-3-2
Use props
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20039 ft
Canada

Bing Err Posted at 3-2 16:28
I know. I WANT to take the Mavic Air to Ireland in a few weeks because it's smaller and easier to travel with, but if I don't feel totally comfortable with the batteries then I'm taking the Mavic Pro Platinum. But the MPP is a lot bigger and harder to just throw in a bag (man-purse). I'll get my stuff updated and report back. It's cold here but I'm going to fly anyway. I'll just sit in my car and fly the drone over a baseball field and test each battery a few times so see if these updates worked.

That'd be great - thanks!

I'm heading on a trip in two weeks and planning on bring my Mavic Air. Unfortunately I doubt I'll get  a chance to test it before I go (because it's so cold here right now), so I think I'll update everything and hope for the best!
2019-3-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules