6092 74 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20039 ft
Canada

Seco Posted at 3-2 13:22
Appreciate the heads up.  I think I downloaded properly however I just got a window pop up on the app that states; "Inconsistent Firmware Found" and goes on to say, "Firmware incompatibility between modules and current device detected. Are you sure you want to update firmware?" Has anyone received this before? First time I've seen it pop up.

I haven't done the update myself - but from what I've read, this message is because of the different firmwares between your Mavic Air and the battery. It sounds like when you boot your MA up with the battery, it will prompt you this so that you can update your battery as well. This will have to be done with each battery that you have.
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

SaskDJI Posted at 3-2 17:12
I haven't done the update myself - but from what I've read, this message is because of the different firmwares between your Mavic Air and the battery. It sounds like when you boot your MA up with the battery, it will prompt you this so that you can update your battery as well. This will have to be done with each battery that you have.

i didn't get this.. seems if its updating the battery its able to seamlessly do that at startup.  
2019-3-2
Use props
sioh4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133629 ft
Germany

HI all

here my observation with that update - and i´m pretty sure there´s more than just a few more lines of code for the battery with >100MB:

1st battery: 2 restarts until 100%, app 10 min
2nd battery: 1 restart until 100%, app 5 min
3rd battery: firmware mismatch message, 2 restarts until 100%, app 5 min

will be testing today, maybe not better but hopefully not even worse than before

Greetings
2019-3-3
Use props
moriwaky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3543 ft
Spain

Hi, after update I can´t use "presicion take off" when I check the box, the app open a dialog box and don´t let me slide to take off bar. Any one with the same problem?
2019-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SaskDJI Posted at 3-2 17:10
That'd be great - thanks!

I'm heading on a trip in two weeks and planning on bring my Mavic Air. Unfortunately I doubt I'll get  a chance to test it before I go (because it's so cold here right now), so I think I'll update everything and hope for the best!

I updated and flew 3 batteries today, everything is fine with both batteries and craft, but all my batteries were fine beforehand.
Everything else is working fine .
2019-3-3
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I have just updated my MA firmware, and the battery in it did not ask for an update. So I guess some need it some don't.
I'm at a loss as to explain why.
Update of MA was done via Assistant 2, battery checked by launching app via controller connection.
2019-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ken Storm Posted at 3-3 07:51
I have just updated my MA firmware, and the battery in it did not ask for an update. So I guess some need it some don't.
I'm at a loss as to explain why.
Update of MA was done via Assistant 2, battery checked by launching app via controller connection.

You should need FW update for all batteries, first one auto, each subsequent battery you will be prompted on start up needs updating .
2019-3-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one - thanks for sharing
2019-3-3
Use props
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 06:33
I updated and flew 3 batteries today, everything is fine with both batteries and craft, but all my batteries were fine beforehand.
Everything else is working fine .

Good to know. Thanks for the update!
2019-3-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 07:59
You should need FW update for all batteries, first one auto, each subsequent battery you will be prompted on start up needs updating .

i didn't get this to happen.  no inconsistent firmware prompt or anything...  all 6 of my batteries.. 1st one i assume was updated part of the installer but every battery i snapped in after didnt give me any prompts.....  thats worrying if im supposed to see them.
2019-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-3 10:12
i didn't get this to happen.  no inconsistent firmware prompt or anything...  all 6 of my batteries.. 1st one i assume was updated part of the installer but every battery i snapped in after didnt give me any prompts.....  thats worrying if im supposed to see them.

I had to update 5 batteries and was prompted to do all except the first one.
2019-3-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 10:32
I had to update 5 batteries and was prompted to do all except the first one.

now im worried, none of mine prompted anything.  ill do a switcharoo and try it with my iPhone and see if it prompts for inconsistent.
2019-3-3
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Hooray! Finally this morn my side of the planet receives server polling request for updating bat fw!  and safefly logistics. Many many owners around this globe i guess, only single shenzhen server
2019-3-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 10:32
I had to update 5 batteries and was prompted to do all except the first one.

did a switcharoo using iPhone this time and a battery i know i didnt update and nothing... im slightly concerned.
2019-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-3 11:06
did a switcharoo using iPhone this time and a battery i know i didnt update and nothing... im slightly concerned.

Unless FW update for batteries not available in your area yet, if you look at poster above his only arrived this morning.
Maybe refresh on assistant might help .
2019-3-3
Use props
Seco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44885 ft

United States

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I went ahead and slide the bar on the pop-up and it updated the second battery. Installed the third battery and followed the same process. The first battery was of course in the craft when I ran the initial update. Seems everything is ok now and when I checked for additional updates, it showed everything was up to date. I haven't flown the MA since the update last night (3 inches of snow and too damn cold today). Hopefully everything's normal.
2019-3-3
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 07:59
You should need FW update for all batteries, first one auto, each subsequent battery you will be prompted on start up needs updating .

right from hallmark007, it was the happening in my case
2019-3-3
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

larryc43230 Posted at 2-28 10:17
I just updated the MA firmware (everything went smoothly), and at least with the battery I used in the drone, no new battery firmware was needed. Since I bought all four of my batteries at the same time, with the same battery firmware, my guess is that there was no battery firmware included with this latest release.

Larry

Thank you for your answer.
2019-3-3
Use props
Air 1660
lvl.2
United States

I downloaded yesterday and it would only download to two out of the three batteries I have. No idea why, I tried again this morning and it still wouldn’t update my last battery.
2019-3-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 11:10
Unless FW update for batteries not available in your area yet, if you look at poster above his only arrived this morning.
Maybe refresh on assistant might help .

got it to pop up finally..weirdly
2019-3-3
Use props
aesculus2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

The only thing different I can detect in this FW (unless I turned something off in the process) was that it no longer states "Landing" when in the final transition to land.
2019-3-3
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Mine finally was polled at dawn sunday today, but i deferred it until after 6000feet radius flights evaluating hdwr software perform.
Fw breezed thru all involved hdwr, UNLIKE prolonged offloading sdcard 28gb mp4 files, dang almost ten minutes.
Every serialized battery demanded the fw.
Say, that soldered 8gb factory craft repository, is that reserved for craft's os and fw?
I recall before installing auxiliary sdcard, the soldered 8gb was being utilized for mp4 writes. But once the sdcard went in writes goto sdcard.
If thats the way it writes, i will procure A2 4K U3 V30 rated sdcard in hugest capacity. Why? Procrastinate offloading forbearance? Eventually it has to be done.
Screenshot_20190303-115611.png
Screenshot_20190303-115700.png
Screenshot_20190303-115712.png
2019-3-3
Use props
wjkrysak
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated FW with no issues. Updated 6 batteries. Raining today, will test fly tomorrow.
2019-3-3
Use props
djiuser_FranciscoGAP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20194 ft
Canada

I used my MA today after the FW upgrade and I didn't find any problem. Anyways it's my second flight with my MA so I don't have enough experience...

I hope some experienced members will follow up soon and tell us if they felt any improvement with this new firmware (I wonder if it increases flying time)
2019-3-3
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

I have updated the mavic air and then all my 3 batteries. All with DJI Go 4 app without any problems. Not yet try AC with new firmware....

But what a sad news to know that this new firmware include battery optimization only. I would expect something more....many users complains about lack of some function like waypoint

Furthermore there are some bugs to resolve like video desaturation in D-Cinelike.

So i am a bit disappointed. Hope in a new firmware in the future.....
2019-3-5
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

Alex1976 Posted at 3-5 06:36
I have updated the mavic air and then all my 3 batteries. All with DJI Go 4 app without any problems. Not yet try AC with new firmware....

But what a sad news to know that this new firmware include battery optimization only. I would expect something more....many users complains about lack of some function like waypoint

Im waiting more than one year for "Dynamic homepoint" (all dji drones have it) and waypoints... Still nothing im dissapointed with DJI and their behavior
2019-3-6
Use props
LTG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143396 ft
United States

My first post. I've been lurking here since June 2018 when I purchased my MA learning from others experiences on what to do and what not to do. So far I haven't had any issues or scary moments.
I believe my MA came with version .300 installed. All subsequent updates for the MA, RC, Batteries and Fly Safe DB have been done through the DJI Go 4 IOS App with no problems until now.

DJI Go 4 app: 4.3.12
RC: 01.100.0200
MA: 01.100.0500

I've tried daily since this firmware upgrade thread was first posted. When the DJI Go 4 app checks the firmware, it always says current version. This morning I connected the MA to the DJI Assistant 2 and it immediately recognized the .560 update was available and installed it just fine. It also updated my spare batteries just fine. The only thing that upgraded through the DJI Go 4 app was the Fly Safe DB although it did it again when connected to the DJI Assistant 2. So, I'm upgraded to the latest version now, but I thought it was odd that the DJI Go 4 app would not recognize there was an update available.
2019-3-6
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

LookAt_Wictim Posted at 3-6 01:27
Im waiting more than one year for "Dynamic homepoint" (all dji drones have it) and waypoints... Still nothing im dissapointed with DJI and their behavior

Waypoints you can find in Litchi. But I miss badly dynamic homepoint.
2019-3-6
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

Adriano Araujo Posted at 3-6 10:58
Waypoints you can find in Litchi. But I miss badly dynamic homepoint.

im using only official app from DJI i dont want to use something else.
2019-3-8
Use props
Chann
New

United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 2-28 13:20
It says not for mavic air programmable evolution capability
Gotta read the whole change in lieu of download summary

Where do I find such information?  Searched the DJI website but cannot find that info.
2019-3-8
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

aesculus2 Posted at 3-3 13:53
The only thing different I can detect in this FW (unless I turned something off in the process) was that it no longer states "Landing" when in the final transition to land.

The digital lady voice announcements, does it come out from phone or rc? Nevet had a chance to really closely check this audio sound.
If flying by rc alone, no phone, still audio heard?
2019-3-8
Use props
aesculus2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

cutis Posted at 3-8 09:34
The digital lady voice announcements, does it come out from phone or rc? Nevet had a chance to really closely check this audio sound.
If flying by rc alone, no phone, still audio heard?

I think it came from the phone.  I have upgraded to a new phone this week so I will try it again as soon as the weather clears.
2019-3-8
Use props
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Canada

Just an update... I've updated the firmware and finally got a chance to fly today. Pretty much identical conditions to when I had the issue with the battery dropping from 54% to 0% instantly.

Glad to report that I took both batteries down to 28% without any issues at all. I'll be sure to report back if it happens again, but my fingers are crossed that this firmware update helps resolve that problem.
2019-3-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Updated a few days ago.
2019-3-18
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

My experience was a mish-mosh. Some of my spare batteries needed (& asked for / insisted on) FW updates, yet others didn’t and were totally fine. Go figure. YMMV!!
2019-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules