Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
can't get past "Link with the aircraft
7603 8 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chainmon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got the mavic 2 pro.
I am trying to fly for the first time.
I launch the dji4 app on my android.
I get to step 3 where at the bootom of the app is says Link with the aircraft...and its greyed out... I did get to that step once but never any further than this....NOw I can olny get this far.

I have
shut the drone down
shut the app down
rebooted my phone
rebooted the RC controller
rebooted the drone...
every time it hangs up here

can anyone get me up and running....
i can turn on blades by holding the joysticks inward but am afraid to fly it...

HELP
2019-2-28
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

chainmon,
   I'm not sure of exactly where you are hanging...…
Linking establishes a Ocusync/radio link between the remote controller (RC) and the aircraft. The kit should arrive with the RC and aircraft already linked and linking is normally accomplished once and/or whenever needed such as with goggles or, a second RC unit, or after maintenance/update, etc. If you can start the motors with the RC control sticks, then you are linked. Additionally, in the led screen on the RC, you will see an animated icon in the upper right corner prior to the RC establishing a link showing the RC and a moving dotted line.... once linked, the icon will show your connection and your mobile device should show video. On many mobile devices/phones, if you start them first, then video may not show unless you reinitialize the usb/lightening cable connection by simply unplugging the connection and reconnecting the mobile device.
RC_Link.png
looking for connect    ->        established       ->           looking again....
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the uneasiness about linking your Mavic 2 Pro. There are two ways to link your remote controller to your aircraft. You may use the DJI GO 4 app or the manual combination, however, to avoid linking problem, the aircraft and remote controller should be up to date. You may check our videos tutorial for firmware update and the linking process of the remote. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

2019-2-28
Use props
opd09
New
Flight distance : 40682 ft

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-2-28 10:42
Hi, we're sorry for the uneasiness about linking your Mavic 2 Pro. There are two ways to link your remote controller to your aircraft. You may use the DJI GO 4 app or the manual combination, however, to avoid linking problem, the aircraft and remote controller should be up to date. You may check our videos tutorial for firmware update and the linking process of the remote. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVwvfIdnXA

I have the exact same problem with my Mavic Air (1). The button is always greyed out and I can't establish the proper connection. However, remote control and drone are connected! When I push the sticks of the remote control inwards, the drones rotors start. Without connection to my smartphone, the drone is worthless. :/ I'm trying to establish the connection for several hours and tried nearly everything including the obvious things like restarting every device, re-installing the DJI Fly 4 App, trying an other smartphone and so on. Please help!
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

opd09 Posted at 4-5 09:27
I have the exact same problem with my Mavic Air (1). The button is always greyed out and I can't establish the proper connection. However, remote control and drone are connected! When I push the sticks of the remote control inwards, the drones rotors start. Without connection to my smartphone, the drone is worthless. :/ I'm trying to establish the connection for several hours and tried nearly everything including the obvious things like restarting every device, re-installing the DJI Fly 4 App, trying an other smartphone and so on. Please help!

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. May we ask what specific mobile device you're using? If possible, please post a short video showing the issue for further checking. Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-4-8
Use props
opd09
New

Germany

After hours of trying out all the tips that can be found on the Internet on the subject, I was finally able to solve the problem! It was apparently due to a defective cable or port. I have now taken another cable and plugged it into the USB port at the bottom of the remote and now it works. I will now order a replacement cable for the port on the left side of the remote to see if it was a defective port or cable.
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

opd09 Posted at 4-8 04:05
After hours of trying out all the tips that can be found on the Internet on the subject, I was finally able to solve the problem! It was apparently due to a defective cable or port. I have now taken another cable and plugged it into the USB port at the bottom of the remote and now it works. I will now order a replacement cable for the port on the left side of the remote to see if it was a defective port or cable.

Hi, opd09. Thanks for the update, and we're glad you managed to isolate the issue. Please reach us back here should you have other concerns.
2023-4-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

opd09 Posted at 4-8 04:05
After hours of trying out all the tips that can be found on the Internet on the subject, I was finally able to solve the problem! It was apparently due to a defective cable or port. I have now taken another cable and plugged it into the USB port at the bottom of the remote and now it works. I will now order a replacement cable for the port on the left side of the remote to see if it was a defective port or cable.

I am surprised that it took "hours of trying out all the tips" to find a tip suggesting "try a different cable", that's frequently the first suggestion that anyone makes.

Incidentally did you also try connecting to the port on the controller numbered "9" in the DJI manual?
If it behaves in the same way as the Mavic 2 controller you would, from memory, have to disconnect the normal cable from the side port, numbered "4" in the manual, on the controller before port #9 becomes active.
2023-4-9
Use props
opd09
New

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-9 03:39
I am surprised that it took "hours of trying out all the tips" to find a tip suggesting "try a different cable", that's frequently the first suggestion that anyone makes.

Incidentally did you also try connecting to the port on the controller numbered "9" in the DJI manual?

I didn't notice it was the cable at first, as it seems to have stopped connecting only to the remote. However, it still carries power and can charge the remote. I can also still use it to connect other devices. Also, the cable worked fine before and has just been lying around protected in a bag since the last time I used it.
And yes, I tried it with the port numbered 9 and with no cable connected to the the other port in parallel - worked fine.
2023-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules