Precise Fly Safe Database Update w/Apple Devices
7848 37 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

I'm getting a message from the DJI GO4 to update my Precise Fly Safe Database and the instructions tell me to conect to my aircraft using the cable provided but DJI has not provided a cable that will connect an Apple device with a lighting port to the Phantom 4 mini USB port.
Thanks DJI, argh!
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we know what specific drone are you using? This prompt message can be updated using the application and your mobile device. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a screenshot of this message wherein it asked you to connect to your drone using a cable? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-28
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-28 14:04
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we know what specific drone are you using? This prompt message can be updated using the application and your mobile device. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a screenshot of this message wherein it asked you to connect to your drone using a cable? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Aircraft is Phantom 4. Let me see if I can get a screen grab for you.

Thanks
2019-2-28
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-28 14:04
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we know what specific drone are you using? This prompt message can be updated using the application and your mobile device. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a screenshot of this message wherein it asked you to connect to your drone using a cable? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Here are the screen grabs:

2019-2-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You don't HAVE to do unless you just want too.
2019-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 2-28 14:19

[view_image]

You should have a short USB-Micro to USB 'OTG' cable that came with the P4. That is represented in the diagram connected to the P4.

That then connects to the standard cable you use to connect Apple device to RC.

OTG cable

OTG cable
2019-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's any consolation I'm getting update fail (for Phantom 4) when using either DJI Go 4 (fails showing 99%), or DJI Assistant 2 (fails showing 100%) to upgrade the aircrafts precision flight database.
Server or software problem most likely. I'll try again or leave 'til tomorrow :-)
2019-2-28
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

So after getting connected to the aircraft and proceeding with the download of the "Precise Fly Safe Database" it fails on three attempts. Tried rebooting the iPad and to no avail. iPad is running iOS 12.1.4
2019-2-28
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2-28 16:27
If it's any consolation I'm getting update fail (for Phantom 4) when using either DJI Go 4 (fails showing 99%), or DJI Assistant 2 (fails showing 100%) to upgrade the aircrafts precision flight database.
Server or software problem most likely. I'll try again or leave 'til tomorrow :-)

You posted as I was typing but I get the same "fail" message.
2019-2-28
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-28
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 2-28 16:31

I've just tried again after rebooting all, and still no joy. Will try again tomorrow. There is an option to upload error log to DJI on failure, I have done this a couple of times.

This is trying from U.K.
2019-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 2-28 16:29
So after getting connected to the aircraft and proceeding with the download of the "Precise Fly Safe Database" it fails on three attempts. Tried rebooting the iPad and to no avail. iPad is running iOS 12.1.4

"Tried rebooting the iPad and to no avail. iPad is running iOS 12.1.4"

Exact same here, using all latest firmware and applications.
2019-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And as an aside, my Mavic pro precise fly databases have uploaded without any problem using DJI Go 4. The 'update' part of the process seemed to take substantially longer than the P4  at the same part of the process ( 5 minutes as opposed to 2 minutes (pure guesswork on time)).
2019-2-28
Use props
fans7089ff76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24032 ft

United States

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one I’m having the same problem with my phantom 4
2019-3-1
Use props
Sefd205
New
Flight distance : 229419 ft
United States

I am having the same problem.  Along with this I am now getting a "Cannot Fly" message.  I also get a "Version Mismatch.  Update All Modules."  I worked with DJI online support for quite some time yesterday on this with no success.  They referred the issue to their engineers and said they would get back to me in 24 hours.   Hopefully a resolution is coming for all of us.  
2019-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sefd205 Posted at 3-1 08:15
I am having the same problem.  Along with this I am now getting a "Cannot Fly" message.  I also get a "Version Mismatch.  Update All Modules."  I worked with DJI online support for quite some time yesterday on this with no success.  They referred the issue to their engineers and said they would get back to me in 24 hours.   Hopefully a resolution is coming for all of us.

"Version Mismatch.  Update All Modules"

I think that may be because there is an update to the DJI Go 4 database as well as the aircraft. And if the aircraft isn't updating then it's version differs from that in the App' which has updated.
2019-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 2-28 16:31

And tried again today without success. I have raised a post in the 'P4' section pointing to here for any that may have same problem.
2019-3-1
Use props
VTrans UAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17405 ft
United States

I am experiencing the same issue on m P4.  Version Mismatch. Update all Modules. 99% then fail on GO 4, DJI Assistant 2 fail, etc.
2019-3-1
Use props
attila0307bmx
New

Hungary

Same for me, tried from DJI Assistant 2.0.6 on PC and from two different Android phones with DJI GO 4.3.14.
2019-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VTrans UAS Posted at 3-1 10:29
I am experiencing the same issue on m P4.  Version Mismatch. Update all Modules. 99% then fail on GO 4, DJI Assistant 2 fail, etc.

And I've tried rolling back aircraft firmware to.0106 and upgrading, it didn't work. Neither did re-installing current .0700 and upgrading flysafe data.
Back to the drawing board for DJI on the P4 flysafe database update.
2019-3-1
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

This has now become a disaster. Not only can I not update the Fly Safe Database but now I can not fly because of a “module mismatch on all levels”, or some such message.
2019-3-1
Use props
EDOG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3547 ft
United States

Same here for 3 days now.  Have all the same errors and have done all of the above ways to get around it (except rollback).  Still the same problems.  I also tried my iPhone as well as a Samsung Android device.  Not a happy camper but I'm happy I found this thread.
2019-3-2
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

Can someone tell me where to find:

The logs from the DJI GO 4 app
2019-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 3-2 14:58
Can someone tell me where to find:

The logs from the DJI GO 4 app

You can find and view the logs using information on the phantom help website, it explains where to find the logs on Apple & Android devices, and how to view them.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-3-2
Use props
Arcdogg
New
Canada

i am having the same problem, cannot fly. this is soooooooooo frustrating. i really hope someone can help. and i am using a samsung and pc to try and update. same result. nothing!
2019-3-2
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

I got this from DJI Support in an e-mail today, it did not work for me but maybe you can try it see if you resolves these issues for you

For an issue with updating the Flysafe database, could you please try the following?

1. Please use the DJI GO 4 app/DJI GO APP to update the database.
2. Turn off the drone, the remote controller, and close the DJI GO 4 app/DJI GO APP and restart again.
3. Turn on and connect to the DJI GO 4 app/DJI GO APP with the remote controller.
4. Ensure that the mobile device has good internet.
5. Try to update the Flysafe database again.

If you can't use a mobile device to update the Flysafe database, please follow the following process to update the data with a computer.
1. Update the DJI GO 4 app/DJI GO APP to the newest version.
2. Visit: our website, and download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 to your computer, log in your DJI account .
3. Restart your computer.
4. Connect the drone to the computer via a USB cable.
5. Try to update the Flysafe database again on your drone.

If it still doesn't work, please provide us with the following information, and we will forward it to a technical engineer for further assistance.

1. A screenshot of the failed update process.
2. The logs from the DJI GO 4 app, please refer to the below address to copy all the .txt files start with “upgrade".
Android:DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/up_data_all
iOS:DJI Go 4/Documents/Logs
2019-3-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 3-2 17:49
I got this from DJI Support in an e-mail today, it did not work for me but maybe you can try it see if you resolves these issues for you

For an issue with updating the Flysafe database, could you please try the following?

The flysafe database updates are failing in both DJI Go 4 and Assistant 2. There is a problem whereby the RC updates its flysafe database, but the aircraft doesn't, thereby causing the 'mismatch'.

If you want to get your aircraft functioning again there is a work around process HERE that should get it going again. But you must ignore any prompts to update flysafe database until DJI come up with a solution.
It would seem their support is not aware of any issue and are just following a standard fault diagnosis tick list.

Bottom line:- their flysafe database update process for the aircraft using either DJI Go 4 or Assistant 2 is broken, at lease for a significant number, if not all (more likely).
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 2-28 14:19

[view_image]

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Kindly skip this "Precise Flysafe Database" update as our team currently checking this situation. You may ignore this prompt message for the mean-time to prevent changes on your drone. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-3
Use props
EDOG
lvl.1
United States

No you cant just ignore the prompt - it wont let you fly.  Have you guys tested anything?  Fortunately one of your customers figured how to get back in the air.  Go to https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=182622&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline and see message #12.

2019-3-3
Use props
EDOG
lvl.1
United States

And your engineers should thank Claypole for figuring it out - at least how get flying again.
2019-3-3
Use props
VTrans UAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17405 ft
United States

ALL PLEASE READ!!

This afternoon I tried updating the database once again, and my Pantom 4 now works!!  The update completed with no failure, so things seem to be fixed.  Still skeptical, but going with it for now!
2019-3-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VTrans UAS Posted at 3-4 10:21
ALL PLEASE READ!!

This afternoon I tried updating the database once again, and my Pantom 4 now works!!  The update completed with no failure, so things seem to be fixed.  Still skeptical, but going with it for now!

Well spotted, I have now updated flysafe databases on my P4 using the DJI Go 4 update path.
2019-3-4
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
United States

Is it now safe to do the updates again?
2019-4-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

MRomine Posted at 2-28 16:29
So after getting connected to the aircraft and proceeding with the download of the "Precise Fly Safe Database" it fails on three attempts. Tried rebooting the iPad and to no avail. iPad is running iOS 12.1.4

I’m getting the same results using a iPad min 4 but this is for my spark. I have attempted installing the fly safe about 10 times while connected to WiFi. Does not work. I just click ignore.
2019-4-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2-28 17:10
And as an aside, my Mavic pro precise fly databases have uploaded without any problem using DJI Go 4. The 'update' part of the process seemed to take substantially longer than the P4  at the same part of the process ( 5 minutes as opposed to 2 minutes (pure guesswork on time)).

My spark is having the same exact issue. Using the latest iso.
2019-4-18
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

VTrans UAS Posted at 3-4 10:21
ALL PLEASE READ!!

This afternoon I tried updating the database once again, and my Pantom 4 now works!!  The update completed with no failure, so things seem to be fixed.  Still skeptical, but going with it for now!

So this is the latest for all versions at this time.

2019-4-20
Use props
Logan Simmons
lvl.1

United States

I have a spark and I’m having the same problem , fix your damn sh*t dji
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules