Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S why no safety lock on grip quick release?
498 0 2019-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6381fdf7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Why on earth does the quick release which connects the grip to the main part of the ronin-s not have a safet catch? All quick releases I've ever worked with have safety catch, precisely because a quick release can be released very quickly and easily, and without a safety catch your very expensive camera can quite easily go crashing to the floor, or even worse if held up high, go crashing down on someones head!

The universal mount which was released recently as an accessory for the Ronin-S has a quick release with a safety catch, so why on earth couldn't a safety catch have been designed into the grip? It's clearly possible.

Also with the lock that goes along with the quick release not being the best (there are numberous threads about the lock on the quick release not closing properly) it would have seemed to make sense to have a safety catch.

As it is, the only way I've found to secure it is by fastening a cable tie round the top of the ronin-s and the grip, just in case the quick release does get knocked and it becomes seperated. It looks appalling, unprofessional, and isn't 100% reassuring, but given I have almost had my camera fall off in the past because the is no safety catch on the QR, I don't have much choice.

So DJI, can you explain the thought process here? And why since you have put a safety catch on the QR for the universal mount, you couldn't put one on the BG37 grip? Do you have any plans to release a modifed version that does have a security catch and is safe to use?
2019-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules