DJI Exchange rates
2445 7 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Anyone else noticed DJI's weird exchange rates USD/EUR in DJI store?
When I switch to dollars, it is like 60USD, but switching to EUR it becomes 43.24€.
When asking google about current (01 March 2019) exchange ratio is says:
1 U.S. dollar = 0.879198171 Euros
So, for 60, it should be like roughly 52.75€.
Anyone knows where that 22% difference is coming from?

2019-3-1
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Because sales tax and import duty vary from country to country.
2019-3-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Harbourside Posted at 3-1 07:18
Because sales tax and import duty vary from country to country.

That would explain various prices of the same thing in different countries/regions but not the exchange rate.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, sorry to read the confusions concerning with our DJI Store. I will formally ask and forward these issues regarding the exchange rates on our website. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.
2019-3-1
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Common core math
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 3-1 07:37
That would explain various prices of the same thing in different countries/regions but not the exchange rate.

Hi there, sorry for the late response. After confirming, DJI has provided the updated pricing list to its sales channel partners in the United States. DJI takes many factors into account when setting recommended retail prices for customers in different countries around the world, including tariff applications, tax rates, and currency exchange fluctuations. DJI follows all applicable laws and regulations in the countries where it operates and expects its sales channel partners and other partners to do so as well. DJI will continue providing detailed guidance for its sales channel partners on how to comply with import regulations as the new tariffs take effect. Should there be any other concerns, do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-3-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

DJI Diana Posted at 3-4 12:14
Hi there, sorry for the late response. After confirming, DJI has provided the updated pricing list to its sales channel partners in the United States. DJI takes many factors into account when setting recommended retail prices for customers in different countries around the world, including tariff applications, tax rates, and currency exchange fluctuations. DJI follows all applicable laws and regulations in the countries where it operates and expects its sales channel partners and other partners to do so as well. DJI will continue providing detailed guidance for its sales channel partners on how to comply with import regulations as the new tariffs take effect. Should there be any other concerns, do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

Thanks for answer but I am having difficulties understanding this corporate talk.
Can you, please, rephrase in normal, everyday English, please?
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 3-5 07:22
Thanks for answer but I am having difficulties understanding this corporate talk.
Can you, please, rephrase in normal, everyday English, please?

Hi eYeSkYeYe, sorry for the confusion. I'll have it check with the designated department for further answers for a better understanding with your concern. We thank you for your patience.
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules