New Smart Controller Firmware Released (2019/03/01)
12Next >
8631 41 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2019.03.01
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0400
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.14
  • DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.6

What’s New?

• Added ability to format a microSD card. When the microSD card is inserted in the remote controller, users can format the microSD card under Settings.
  • Optimized the volume adjustment under button combinations.
  • Optimized photo display in the gallery.
  • Updated the built-in DJI GO 4 to v4.3.14

Notes:
  • To ensure optimal performance, it is recommended to update the Smart Controller to the latest firmware version.
  • If update fails, set the external microSD card to “Use as portable storage” from “Use as internal storage”, and remove the microSD card, and then retry to update. Contact DJI support if update fails for several times.
  • It is not recommended to set the external microSD card to “Use as internal storage”. This setting will be optimized in future firmware.

2019-3-1
Use props
BBradac9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157477 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this fix the endless Quiz issue?
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Just now found out this new FW is out. I received SC only today and so far I'm on .0284 so do not know if I should update or not.
2019-3-1
Use props
sleepingfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3685922 ft
  • >>>
Japan

There is a bug in the editing function of DJI Go 4. Stop on the screen you are creating and only music will flow. It will not recover unless the application is forcibly terminated
I would like correspondence.
2019-3-1
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this update now add compatibility with the M2ED?
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Is there possibility to downgrade smart controller via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 once upgraded?
2019-3-1
Use props
Marcus Aronsson
lvl.1

Sweden

So there’s sill no support for DJI pilot and Mavic 2 enterprise ?
2019-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Marcus Aronsson Posted at 3-1 09:06
So there’s sill no support for DJI pilot and Mavic 2 enterprise ?

They must be still working on it, dji must realise they are loosing out here on not being able to sell to Enterprise users.
Hopefully soon .
2019-3-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-1 08:00
Is there possibility to downgrade smart controller via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 once upgraded?

Yes, you can downgrade to 0360 or 0310 from this 0400 version.  
2019-3-1
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

KlooGee Posted at 3-1 10:06
Yes, you can downgrade to 0360 or 0310 from this 0400 version.

Thanks for confirmation
2019-3-1
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Paying close attention to comments here as I've been holding out on buying until I start seeing positive feedback. I hate glitchy things.
2019-3-1
Use props
Ben Foong 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2292352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HELP ! IT HAS CPMPLET;LY BRICKED MY SMART REMOTE AND I CAN'T EVEN TURN IT OFF !
2019-3-1
Use props
BBrace
lvl.1
Singapore

Is there any issue with the update and battery life?
My SC drained from 100%overnight charge to 14% in just 25 mins flight....
(Flying a way point Mission)
2019-3-1
Use props
Southernmanding
New

Indonesia

TrevorSK Posted at 3-1 10:48
Paying close attention to comments here as I've been holding out on buying until I start seeing positive feedback. I hate glitchy things.

dont buy a mavic air then piece of ...
2019-3-2
Use props
Darkinners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13770 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Is it possible to save offline map and auto video cache in the SD card?
2019-3-2
Use props
Pilot55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3542257 ft
United States

BBradac9 Posted at 3-1 05:43

I also suffered from the Knowledge Quiz constant pop-up, however I updated over WiFi yesterday to this new version.  I went up four times yesterday, I was not prompted for the Knowledge Quiz.  

Thank you Dji
2019-3-3
Use props
Pidge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82844 ft
Belgium

The update went well, but how do you set the SD card as internal memory? I can't find it.
2019-3-3
Use props
Humski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75407 ft
United States

BBradac9 Posted at 3-1 05:43

The real question is when will DJI bring the precision landing function to the Smart Controller, and more gimbal controls via the custom buttons/combinations. The option for precision landing is there on my Android/DJI GO 4 app, but the option is missing on the smart controller/DJI GO 4 app. I have already updated to this new firmware, and still missing the precision landing option.
2019-3-3
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Humski Posted at 3-3 13:46
The real question is when will DJI bring the precision landing function to the Smart Controller, and more gimbal controls via the custom buttons/combinations. The option for precision landing is there on my Android/DJI GO 4 app, but the option is missing on the smart controller/DJI GO 4 app. I have already updated to this new firmware, and still missing the precision landing option.

I don’t believe precision landing is an option on the M2 line. It does not exist in GO 4 IOS either, yet the M2 does do precision landing and it surely worked when I used the smart controller (previous version).  Key tp PL is taking off straight up to about 25’ and give it a chance to capture the landing area before moving off.
2019-3-3
Use props
Humski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75407 ft
United States

roamer105 Posted at 3-3 19:29
I don’t believe precision landing is an option on the M2 line. It does not exist in GO 4 IOS either, yet the M2 does do precision landing and it surely worked when I used the smart controller (previous version).  Key tp PL is taking off straight up to about 25’ and give it a chance to capture the landing area before moving off.

Here is a video of a guy explaining it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6AjMU0FR0
2019-3-3
Use props
Curtis438
New

United States

That is a good thing that you have done presenting your first video of Mavic air we can know to understand the usage of it.  We are providing the pizza restaurant equipment auctions in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the USA you can find the best help with us in all the states of US we like to show you our current online auctions come to take a look https://www.auctionfactory.com/
2019-3-4
Use props
djiuser_BSZzT5vMVWLZ
lvl.1
United States

This am during flight my Smart controller kept stopping the mavic 2 in flight with a beeping warning telling me to return the sticks to center. Then would go again as for a few seconds then it would happen again. Was about 300 feet up, 500 feet away. It was about 35 degrees Fahrenheit batteries were warm and the craft was warmed up hovering for several minutes
2019-3-4
Use props
SuperQuis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418527 ft
Denmark

Is there a time estimation on when Sky Talk will be added to a firmware update?
2019-3-5
Use props
Marcus Aronsson
lvl.1

Sweden

Updated the firmware via cable, no issues at all. I also downloaded the pilot app via dji and transferred it via cable and installed it. But the rc don’t connect to my M2E dual.

Hopefully next FW.....
2019-3-5
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BSZzT5vMVWLZ Posted at 3-4 17:18
This am during flight my Smart controller kept stopping the mavic 2 in flight with a beeping warning telling me to return the sticks to center. Then would go again as for a few seconds then it would happen again. Was about 300 feet up, 500 feet away. It was about 35 degrees Fahrenheit batteries were warm and the craft was warmed up hovering for several minutes

Were you flying into the sun? - If that happens again, turn off sensors and try it.
2019-3-5
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10853 ft
  • >>>
United States

And when will the promised DJI Pilot app be available for the SC?????
2019-3-6
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Pidge Posted at 3-3 08:03
The update went well, but how do you set the SD card as internal memory? I can't find it.

I can’t find this either....  can’t seem to get files to store on the SMart Controller memory card.  Getting fed up of wearing out the rain covers on the drone memory card port / USB port.
2019-3-7
Use props
G65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173615 ft
United States

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 3-1 07:51
Does this update now add compatibility with the M2ED?

I DL'd it last night and still cannot DL the DJI Pilot app or connect to the Mavic 2EDual
2019-3-11
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2019-3-13
Use props
GABarber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94190 ft
United States

This release seems to have completely screwed up date and time synchronization.
It resets the time and timezone or sets the time to something bizarre and moves the timezone.  Ive tried resetting the controller and reinstalling .
When this is installed, the photo's and videos I capture on my mavic 2 pro al end up with the same date regardless of when they are taken.

There is a separate thread on problems related to date and time - can somebody please check this out and fix it?
2019-3-22
Use props
delsol95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7707018 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks DJI for screwing up my dates.   March 19, 2013?   how does it even come up with these dates.  Typical DJI silence as usual.
2019-3-24
Use props
GABarber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94190 ft
United States

It also screwed up my dates - after updating to 0400 every time I turn off controller and turn back on it has reset my dates to 2013 - all my pictures end up with the same date as well.  DJI support seems to be unaware of this "feature".
2019-3-26
Use props
Alastair Kirk
lvl.1
New Zealand

After purchasing a new Smart Controller I turned it on, logged on to my account and activated it. I was then advised by a popup that I should undertake a firmware update from version V01.00.0375 to V0100.0400. I then proceeded to do this, the firmware packet was downloaded successfully and an update began or so I thought, after 30 minutes the update was still showing 0% complete, I then tried several different ways of exiting the upgrade without success. I Finally managed by turning the device off, I tried again several times and after 3 hours or more I gave up. I then thought I would try DJI Assistant, so I downloaded the very latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. After installing the program I attempted to connect the controller to my laptop, but the program would not recognise the controller, after about an hour of trying, success!! I had an Icon to click on, which I did. I then selected the latest version to down load which began, after reaching 100% the update began but failed almost immediately and displayed update failed, I looked at the error log and it revealed that the upload had failed. What do I do now?
2019-3-27
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My problem exactly. The smart controller, small s small c, was a deal breaker. Wish I’d waited now.
2019-4-2
Use props
maven4336
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619974 ft
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-1 10:07
Thanks for confirmation

How do I roll back firmware from 400 do not see anything in assistant 2 or in controller,please tell me how????
2019-4-5
Use props
Juani1
lvl.1
Argentina

Would never recommend anyone to buy a Mavic Pro...camera gimbal loosens itself ..I had to repair the hole cámara and spend half the price of the drone...the rear sensors never work..I did not pay attention to this but then ended up crashing the drone.if the sensors would have work this wouldn’t have happened..I would appreciate a nice gesture from dji for my horrible experience..the serial number of my drone is 08QDE4D0120196
2019-4-7
Use props
Easy Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41414 ft
United States

Juani1 Posted at 4-7 13:26
Would never recommend anyone to buy a Mavic Pro...camera gimbal loosens itself ..I had to repair the hole cámara and spend half the price of the drone...the rear sensors never work..I did not pay attention to this but then ended up crashing the drone.if the sensors would have work this wouldn’t have happened..I would appreciate a nice gesture from dji for my horrible experience..the serial number of my drone is 08QDE4D0120196

No rear sensors on Mavic Pro, duh.
2019-4-7
Use props
FlyingV
lvl.1
United States

Alastair Kirk Posted at 3-27 19:26
After purchasing a new Smart Controller I turned it on, logged on to my account and activated it. I was then advised by a popup that I should undertake a firmware update from version V01.00.0375 to V0100.0400. I then proceeded to do this, the firmware packet was downloaded successfully and an update began or so I thought, after 30 minutes the update was still showing 0% complete, I then tried several different ways of exiting the upgrade without success. I Finally managed by turning the device off, I tried again several times and after 3 hours or more I gave up. I then thought I would try DJI Assistant, so I downloaded the very latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. After installing the program I attempted to connect the controller to my laptop, but the program would not recognise the controller, after about an hour of trying, success!! I had an Icon to click on, which I did. I then selected the latest version to down load which began, after reaching 100% the update began but failed almost immediately and displayed update failed, I looked at the error log and it revealed that the upload had failed. What do I do now?

Did you resolve the issue?
2019-4-7
Use props
fran_lmc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1985659 ft
Spain

maven4336 Posted at 4-5 18:31
How do I roll back firmware from 400 do not see anything in assistant 2 or in controller,please tell me how????

Same question. i have installed latest Assistant and only shows .400 version...... i want to come back .360
2019-4-10
Use props
fran_lmc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1985659 ft
Spain

maven4336 Posted at 4-5 18:31

Same question. i have installed latest Assistant and only shows .400 version...... i want to come back .360
2019-4-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules