DJI Repair Service experience
609 3 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patriotdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1572740 ft
United States

I just wanted to share my experience using DJI to repiar my M2P that lost a battle with a set of branches and fell approx. 50' to the ground. First and foremost, this was 100% pilot error. The side sensors stopped the drone while I was performing a POI and descending, prior to colliding with the branches. In a moment of panic I throttled up and made the situation much worse .... the end result was a drop to the ground and a broken rear arm and trashed props.

This happened on a Friday evening. I created a case online with DJI on Saturday AM and mailed the drone off via the provided UPS label on that same Saturday. Unfortunatly, I live in Georgia (USA) and the repair facility my drone was going to was in California (Cerritos). This was a five business day transit time .

My drone arrived on Friday and was checked into the service que on Friday afternoon. Monday morning, I recieved a notification that my drone was being evaluated. Thirty minutes later, I had a quote for the repairs. I promptly paid for the repairs and within two hours later, my drone was prepared for shipment.

I was given the oppurtunity to pay to upgrade the shipping at my cost ( which I did) and my drone was shipped out of the facility on Tuesday. Total time at DJI repair was essentially 48hrs of working time.

I received my shipment yesterday and determined that I was actually sent a new drone instead of the one I had sent in. I am totaly fine with that! Total time from shipment out to DJI until it was returned and flying again was 9 business days.

In summary, other than the extended time to transit the drone to DJI and back, I could not have asked for a better service experience. If I had shipped this to DJI on my own dime and used expedited shipping, I probably could have saved a week.
2019-3-1
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

patriotdrone - Thank you much for telling in your own words your experience, it is nice to know that there is also a plus side to dji repairs.  I live not far from Cerritos, and know where your craft went.  I expecially like that your statement is "matter of fact" rather than leaning PRO or CON.  Thank you.
2019-3-1
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

I, too, appreciate the candor of your post. Good to know. My brother has been hesitant to get his bird fixed. I'll have to let him know about your experience.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate you for sharing positive feedback with DJI Service. Your satisfaction really means to us. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules