What do you think?
870 22 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

The first proper video I ever made, incorporated within a publication I am putting together to attract photographers to the Island where I live.

The PDF document with photos and more embedded drone video links is here.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!ArAx9oM6899RgcRdcUJN-gAu1me80w

I value your opinions about both, from the point of view of photographers who are looking for photogenic places to visit.
Thanks
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi AlansDronePics, thanks for sharing this awesome work of yours. Enjoy and always fly safely!
2019-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice piece of work
2019-3-1
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Alan, I liked it, although it was a little fast for me, wonder what the white cone was, and when was this a fort?  Nice scenery, bet you like it there.  Thanks for sharing.
2019-3-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done
2019-3-1
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

HH1 Posted at 3-1 15:58
Alan, I liked it, although it was a little fast for me, wonder what the white cone was, and when was this a fort?  Nice scenery, bet you like it there.  Thanks for sharing.

Glad you liked it, presumably just the one video, there were others in the publication.
Thanks for your encouraging reply.
Regarding speed, this is a difficult one to resolve. In this case, it had to fit the length of music, the composer didn't make it any longer. Ha ha.
Many vids I see are long and drawn out. The pro style ads are just random, moving snapshots, so I plumped for something in between. You can always press the pause button. Another laugh.
The white cone is a nautical navigation mark. If you are that close, you have wrecked your vessel. More laughs.
Did you see the brochure?  
2019-3-1
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Great video, nicely done
2019-3-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Very nice work there Alan but you need to slow down the drone movements to make it more cinamatic.
2019-3-2
Use props
sqdc
New

Canada

Very nice. I would like to do it in sqdc montreal
2019-3-2
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

Suren Posted at 3-2 11:25
Very nice work there Alan but you need to slow down the drone movements to make it more cinamatic.

Thanks, I appreciate your advice. What about the other drone links in the publication?
2019-3-2
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

sqdc Posted at 3-2 13:52
Very nice. I would like to do it in sqdc montreal

Not much chance of that, I guess, from what I saw when I was last there. I saw one droner walk away, tail between legs, without the drone.
Confiscated...
2019-3-2
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-1 23:30
Glad you liked it, presumably just the one video, there were others in the publication.
Thanks for your encouraging reply.
Regarding speed, this is a difficult one to resolve. In this case, it had to fit the length of music, the composer didn't make it any longer. Ha ha.

Brochure?  Thanks for the comments, they are interesting.   I realize that the demands on the person doing the video are varied and numerous,.  I just commented on the speed because I figured you would like to know for your evaluation of the video effect on those watching.  BIG grin on the White Cone  Have an awesome weekend.
2019-3-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-2 13:54
Thanks, I appreciate your advice. What about the other drone links in the publication?

Honestly ALan, those stills via the link is amazing. I have no advise for that it just looks incredible
2019-3-2
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Superb Photos and the idea is great.
I think you should go to the beaches that are visible and do some footage from there also.
Your photos is far more "selling" in a wither perspective ie the footage is so concentrated to the fort/ruin and it looks like you have a lovely place full of beautiful nature surrounding, sell that one also.

Different photographers have different flavours

Overall really nicely done.

Good luck.

Happy and safe flying

2019-3-3
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Nice edit, especially for a first one.

As has been mentioned, perhaps slow everything down a little, especially the sometimes jerky cam movements.

2019-3-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Jersey

Thank you all for your very helpful comments. I took them to heart and plan to revise all the drone vids.
I will slow the footage if I need that type of view again.
This year i will be on island and not travelling abroad so much. I wanted to create an island wide vid to show off the beauty spots which goes beyond the forts. I see BBC travel vids tend to be video snapshots rather than a fly around.
Vids tend to drag if they  show everything, but having a series of glimpses (BBC & others) tend to irritate because the viewer needs to see more. Always a difficult balance.
Making the brochure did open my eyes. Before I compiled it, I thought I had photos the place to death, but this wasn't true.
Thanks again for your encouraging views.
2019-3-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

Flybee Posted at 3-3 01:06
Superb Photos and the idea is great.
I think you should go to the beaches that are visible and do some footage from there also.
Your photos is far more "selling" in a wither perspective ie the footage is so concentrated to the fort/ruin and it looks like you have a lovely place full of beautiful nature surrounding, sell that one also.

Thanks Flybee, I plan to update all my island drone vids, they are several years old now and I have learned a lot since then.
2019-3-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

HH1 Posted at 3-2 18:02
Brochure?  Thanks for the comments, they are interesting.   I realize that the demands on the person doing the video are varied and numerous,.  I just commented on the speed because I figured you would like to know for your evaluation of the video effect on those watching.  BIG grin on the White Cone  Have an awesome weekend.

Glad you liked the white cone...
There are many shipwrecks around the island, none are visible, usually. The currents around the coast are the fastest in the world and close in to rocks, the average boat cannot make headway, even at full throttle. One wreck involved a new Admiralty steam ship, out to blow soot from its funnel and oops! it hit the hidden rocks and that was that.
And we get upset when we bu66er up or lose our drones. Ha ha.
Here is one wreck you can see at very low tide.
2019-3-3
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

Hope you got the drone back to dry land- a mite quickly  That  is interesting, thank you for the information and letting us see the ship.
2019-3-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Jersey

HH1 Posted at 3-3 13:11
Hope you got the drone back to dry land- a mite quickly  That  is interesting, thank you for the information and letting us see the ship.

Back safe and sound at 30%
2019-3-3
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

GREAT! Glad to hear that.
2019-3-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain