Anyone found a way to secure wireless module to their setup?
1458 21 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Only one negative I have against the OP wireless module is that there is no way to secure it with the OP of risk of it falling off setup?  Is there some sort of mount that somebody sells or any DIY mount secure when one uses the action mount or some selfie stick mount to secure the wireless module to their setup without risk of it popping off with jerky movement.  
2019-3-1
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duct tape? Simple and it works.
2019-3-1
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Wiz33 Posted at 3-1 11:44
Duct tape? Simple and it works.

But leaves a residue on your setup.  I'd like a better accessory that would allow one to install/remove and secure at anytime... carrying a roll of duct tape is not very convenient
2019-3-1
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 3-1 12:09
But leaves a residue on your setup.  I'd like a better accessory that would allow one to install/remove and secure at anytime... carrying a roll of duct tape is not very convenient

Gaffers tape does not leave residue :-)
2019-3-1
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

By far, the EXO pocket cage is the best solution besides duck tape that I have found.  It bulks up the OP imo but you can add additional accessories to it.  This will be my next mount, unless Polar Pro comes out with a cheaper solution to secure the wireless module.  The EXO cage is not yet available, but they are taking pre-orders.  http://www.taipancinema.com/exo/
2019-3-1
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

Is this actually an issue?  Mine is quite secure.  I have no worry of it falling off.
2019-3-1
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Mr Sepo Posted at 3-1 12:47
Is this actually an issue?  Mine is quite secure.  I have no worry of it falling off.

It can be an issue with friction or wind if you mount it on a selfie stick while on a car, motorcycle, etc.  
2019-3-1
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Joemar7 Posted at 3-1 12:35
By far, the EXO pocket cage is the best solution besides duck tape that I have found.  It bulks up the OP imo but you can add additional accessories to it.  This will be my next mount, unless Polar Pro comes out with a cheaper solution to secure the wireless module.  The EXO cage is not yet available, but they are taking pre-orders.  http://www.taipancinema.com/exo/

This has been the only manufacturer that has thorughly thought out this possibility with the wireless module.  I am surprised nobody else has for now.  Nice design but is more of a design aimed at cinematographers.
2019-3-1
Use props
fans471029d5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85449 ft
United Kingdom

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 3-1 12:56
This has been the only manufacturer that has thorughly thought out this possibility with the wireless module.  I am surprised nobody else has for now.  Nice design but is more of a design aimed at cinematographers.

Im using just the wireless mount on a selfie stick ive attached a strip of velcro with double sided tape to the inside of the polarpro mount that runs up the side of the osmo for extra security. Then i have another bit of velcro on the side of the osmo. The velcro inside the mount has had the little brisstles shaved off so its nice n snugg. Works well.
033945sajogotog188oze7.jpg
034023io0u0vco0kcmf6a8.jpg
2019-3-1
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Joemar7 Posted at 3-1 12:51
It can be an issue with friction or wind if you mount it on a selfie stick while on a car, motorcycle, etc.

.... or earth quake!   
2019-3-1
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

BeterBan Posted at 3-1 13:23
.... or earth quake!    [view_image]

That too!  
2019-3-1
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

fans471029d5 Posted at 3-1 13:22
Im using just the wireless mount on a selfie stick ive attached a strip of velcro with double sided tape to the inside of the polarpro mount that runs up the side of the osmo for extra security. Then i have another bit of velcro on the side of the osmo. The velcro inside the mount has had the little brisstles shaved off so its nice n snugg. Works well.

Nice.  What L bracket are you using?  I've been looking for something similar.  Thanks.  
2019-3-1
Use props
fans471029d5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 3-1 13:30
Nice.  What L bracket are you using?  I've been looking for something similar.  Thanks.

This one, the osmo is very close to the back of the L-bracket but since i took this picture ive replaced the original screw on the bracket with a small tripod screw that doesnt jut out so much.

Opticron Binocular Tripod Mount for Binoculars to 50mm OG

One thing to note with this setup on selfie mode you need a handheld selfie-stick/tripod with a head that can rotate because the phone infront can creep into shot if your not careful

Ive also glued a couple screws onto a couple lipstick sized power bricks that i can then attach to the tripod thread underneath the L-bracket black thumb screw

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005XXZCR0?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate you for being interested in using the DJI Product. We can wait for the best recommendations from our valued members here. Best Regards!  
2019-3-1
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

fans471029d5 Posted at 3-1 14:13
This one, the osmo is very close to the back of the L-bracket but since i took this picture ive replaced the original screw on the bracket with a small tripod screw that doesnt jut out so much.

Which smartphone clip did you use?
2019-3-1
Use props
fans471029d5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 3-1 15:44
Which smartphone clip did you use?
This is the one i use i think but theres loads on amazon, with the L-bracket i forgot to mention a thick rubber ring needs to be taken off, its easy though its just glued, a chisell and hammer will do

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00WTOHEBI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

Thumb screw to secure polorpro mount/wifi module -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CI3KYKS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

Low profile screw to attatch L-bracket to phone mount, gives you more room press buttons on osmo, i had to dremel screw shorter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AZ558WE/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-3-2
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mr Sepo Posted at 3-1 12:47

I agree, with one exception.  If you have the cable hanging from it, the extra weight can tug to a disconnect.  I just put a really thin piece of vinyl tape around one side of the Pocket, creating a slightly tighter fit.
2019-3-5
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take a look at this
https://www.multicopterwarehouse ... smo-pocket-exo-cage
2019-3-5
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

For use with wireless modul, with tripod hole
(for overoveroveranxious people ... how Wiz33 said: a tape solves problem ..)

2019-3-5
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

BeterBan Posted at 3-5 10:46
For use with wireless modul, with tripod hole

[view_image]

This will not secure the OP to the wireless module... with some jerking movement, the OP will have the potential to pop off.
2019-3-5
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

you are over³anxious?   

2019-3-5
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

better safe then sorry! [img][/img]