Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need tips/advice regarding using ND/filters with OP
335 7 3-1 13:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.4
Canada

From what I have read and seen regarding using ND filters on the OP is (like putting sunglasses in front of OP) to tone down highlights/increase color saturation? and to also control the shutter speed in order to achieve a cinematic type output on the OP.   Correct me if I am wrong....So if I wanted to achieve a cinematic like output on the OP, in either 24/25fps.... I would need to set the OP into pro mode and set iso to 100 (if needed up to 400 ISO would be the highest to use?) and set manual white balance and set shutter speed (according to the 180 degree rule) to either 1/2xfps .... so if I wanted to achieve 24/25fps (set to 1/50 shutter speed) or 30fps (set to 1/60 shutter speed) and etc.... and then place applicable ND filters on until an exposure value between -0.7 and +0.7 is achieved?  My question in this case is because the OP does not have any manual set metering modes (I assume its matrix metering?), should I be exposing (pointing) the OP towards the brightest scene (ie. pointing towards the brightest part of the sky) or the darkest scene or the mid-tone/brightness part of the scene in order to get the the exposure value between -0.7 to +0.7.   

Is there any benefits in using ND filter in auto mode or can it only be used in pro/manual mode?
3-1 13:57
Use props
Dmaff06
lvl.2
United States

an ND filter would benefit the auto mode as well but you will not get the best use of the filter unless you compensate its shading and polarizing capabilities with the proper manual settings.  Its kind of like having a RACE car and only running it on low octane fuel instead of race fuel... it will run, but not to its potential.
3-1 14:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested in using DJI Products. We can wait for the best recommendations from our valued members here, with regards to your question. Best Regards!
3-1 14:54
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.4
Canada

Dmaff06 Posted at 3-1 14:05
an ND filter would benefit the auto mode as well but you will not get the best use of the filter unless you compensate its shading and polarizing capabilities with the proper manual settings.  Its kind of like having a RACE car and only running it on low octane fuel instead of race fuel... it will run, but not to its potential.

When using manual setting modes, should I adjust the exposure values based on the brightest/darkest/or middle bright environment to achieve the -0.7 to +0.7 EV parameter?
3-1 15:46
Use props
Wiz33
First Officer
United States

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 3-1 15:46
When using manual setting modes, should I adjust the exposure values based on the brightest/darkest/or middle bright environment to achieve the -0.7 to +0.7 EV parameter?

After awhile, you'll know which filter you'll need to get close to shutter speed you want even in AUTO mode, if won't be perfect but usually good enough if you have to catch something fast without having to spend the time to set it in manual mode.
3-1 16:26
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

View this video, and ... in addition to the other advice here you may get close to the answer you seek. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=180961
3-2 14:46
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

Hi cEQtBhqjyKJB, Great question! PolarPro has recently posted a video on this very subject along with several other videos about settings and features of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Check out this video here:
3-4 10:49
Use props
Happy Snapping
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6050 ft
Austria

PolarPro_Brendan Posted at 3-4 10:49
Hi cEQtBhqjyKJB, Great question! PolarPro has recently posted a video on this very subject along with several other videos about settings and features of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Check out this video here: https://youtu.be/-UdTSasz5Rw

test to post.
3-4 11:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules