DJI Smart Controller Problem
6508 15 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desvelado
New
Chile

I Bought my Dji Smart Controller so I could fly with more freedom, but I keep getting the same problem. Every time I try to save my task for the hyperlapse waypoints, I get the same error (SAVED TASK FAILED), over and over again. I have read that this was a problem with android phones or devices, but I just cant belive DJI would seel a special controller in a drone that can hyperlapse with this kind of problem.

Any body here that know a solution for this? I have all my firmwares up to date, and also have lots of memory in my controller internal storage and in the controller SD CARD.

Would be very thankfull for a solution, since it's making me unable to work. Thanks.

2019-3-2
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I would reload the firmware.  That was an issue with an earlier software version but I've not read about it on the new controller.

Have you been able to save to the sd-card?  If it is a problematic card, I guess it could cause issues.
2019-3-2
Use props
Desvelado
New
Chile

I will try tonigth with out the SD Card.
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. We will check this scenario to our designated department for further check. Please hit "Reply" if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-3
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 487480 ft
Thailand

I have the same problem but it's even worse for me because I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom + Smart Controller bundle package so I don't even have the option to use my iPad with the standard controller.

I've also tried it without an SD card inserted and it makes no difference. Still can't save the task. It's impossible to repeat the same hyperlapse route with different times of day.

DJI, please take the Android app more seriously because the smart controller (and the Android app) is the only way people with the bundle package, who were willing to pay more (potentially to use it professionally), can use the aircraft.
2019-3-5
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iamz Posted at 3-5 10:47
I have the same problem but it's even worse for me because I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom + Smart Controller bundle package so I don't even have the option to use my iPad with the standard controller.

I've also tried it without an SD card inserted and it makes no difference. Still can't save the task. It's impossible to repeat the same hyperlapse route with different times of day.

We have exactly the same problem with our smart controller and Mavic Pro 2 As we also bought the bundle, so have no standard controller.

Now our smart controller is stuck on the opening screen, and we can’t gey past the dji logo, so can’t fly our u it at all.

We have been asking all over these forums for a way to reset the smart controller but no one seems to know?

Also Dji have not responded or commented on any of our our posts on this subject.
2019-3-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-6 03:14
We have exactly the same problem with our smart controller and Mavic Pro 2 As we also bought the bundle, so have no standard controller.

Now our smart controller is stuck on the opening screen, and we can’t gey past the dji logo, so can’t fly our u it at all.

The forum admins are very busy and don't have the time to peruse every post.

Reply to a post they have made so that they get a notification. Has always worked for me.

Cheers
2019-3-6
Use props
MrMoneyBags
lvl.1

Finland

I seem to have the same problem. Is there a fix yet?
2019-3-6
Use props
Paul_W
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7825 ft
United Kingdom

MrMoneyBags Posted at 3-6 06:12
I seem to have the same problem. Is there a fix yet?

Reading other posts it appears to be an Android issue. Meaning if your running IOS then you probably won't have this issue.

However, if your using an Android phone or THEIR new smart controller (which runs on Android) then your likely to have this issue.
2019-3-21
Use props
sot1993
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67904 ft
Cyprus

Any update? This is not working on Android? Any news from DJI? That's frustrating
2019-4-13
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 487480 ft
Thailand

It's finally fixed in the SC firmware version 01.00.0530. (DJI GO 4 v4.3.16)
2019-4-26
Use props
fans5d9d1dc8
New
United States

Could someone please tell me how the new smart remote could fly my Mavic Pro 2 BUT the remotes screen remains blank or black? It has the ancillary signals on the screen but its like there is a cover over the camera lens. What am I missing? Thanks!
2019-6-24
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

fans5d9d1dc8 Posted at 6-24 15:59
Could someone please tell me how the new smart remote could fly my Mavic Pro 2 BUT the remotes screen remains blank or black? It has the ancillary signals on the screen but its like there is a cover over the camera lens. What am I missing? Thanks!

Check out this thread and see if it matches your issues:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D568%26typeid%3D568

2019-6-24
Use props
fans20b22f33
New
Flight distance : 16145 ft
United States

I am having a problem with SD cards. when I go to select that I want SD card as storage it shows N/A. SD card does read in file manager but when it comes to the app it's like it doesn't exist. any suggestions?
2019-7-2
Use props
Janel Young
New

United States

fans20b22f33 Posted at 2019-7-2 12:09
I am having a problem with SD cards. when I go to select that I want SD card as storage it shows N/A. SD card does read in file manager but when it comes to the app it's like it doesn't exist. any suggestions?

Did you ever get a fix on this issue? My husband is having the same exact problem right now with the smart controller saying n/a for the sd card. Thanks for any advice!
2020-1-14
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers guys!

Hope this works im now using a new android tablet, way out of my UI comfort zone!
2021-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules