Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji, When Will You Release SDK For SRC .......
1423 11 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Many users concerned about apps they could freely use on phones tablets etc, are now in a position of not being able to continue this on the dji Smart Controller.

Users using apps like Litchi Drone deploy etc , these are now no longer available with the very expensive new SRC.
It’s important for these users that they know dji will release SDK for SRC so as third party companies can configure their apps to conform with new SRC.

Can moderators find out IF AND WHEN dji might release SDK for SRC.

If you would like to comment feel free .
2019-3-2
Use props
Unicks
lvl.2

Canada

I wish you luck in this endeavour!.. there is probably an NDA involved that only a manufacturer can meet terms.
2019-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Unicks Posted at 3-2 11:26
I wish you luck in this endeavour!.. there is probably an NDA involved that only a manufacturer can meet terms.

Dji have been consistent in releasing SDK for all their drones, why not SRC.
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hallmark007. Thank you for reaching out with regards to this matter. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the release of the SDK for DJI Smart Controller. Let me please forward this thread/inquiry to the proper department for further details. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-2 12:11
Hello and good day hallmark007. Thank you for reaching out with regards to this matter. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the release of the SDK for DJI Smart Controller. Let me please forward this thread/inquiry to the proper department for further details. Thank you for your support.

Thanks dji Stephen, I suppose information many are looking for is Will SDK be released .
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hallmark007 Posted at 3-2 12:16
Thanks dji Stephen, I suppose information many are looking for is Will SDK be released .

You are very much welcome hallmark007. Thank you so much for your patience with regards to this matter.
2019-3-2
Use props
Unicks
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks DJI Stephen for answering hallmark007's questions so eloquently!
2019-3-6
Use props
LUKIP
lvl.1
Malaysia

Did DJI set any timeline for the SDK release?
2019-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LUKIP Posted at 5-9 21:31
Did DJI set any timeline for the SDK release?

No nothing yet, I suppose the question should be asked now will they release SDK .
2019-5-10
Use props
Norbert006
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 01:48
No nothing yet, I suppose the question should be asked now will they release SDK .

If you wanted SDK support you shouldn’t have spent a fortune on the Smart RC. Same goes if you want to run 3rd party apps. It is a stand alone product.
2019-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Norbert006 Posted at 5-10 04:30
If you wanted SDK support you shouldn’t have spent a fortune on the Smart RC. Same goes if you want to run 3rd party apps. It is a stand alone product.

I didn’t spend a fortune on anything, I basically spent what I thought was good value when considering what else is on offer.
I’ll just explain, SRC cost €699 , normal RC cost approx €350 device needed I.e. iPad mini €250 , mount €50, so for an extra €50 I can have a much better dedicated set up in a much better package with much better brightness etc, so compared to basic set up I believe I got a bargain .

With regards SDK , it has always been dji’s policy to release SDK for all their products aircraft and cameras, so expectation was a normal one.
Your are certainly wrong regarding third party apps as I have many on my SRC that work very well with no problems.
It has not been confirmed that dji will not be releasing SDK we know at the minute SRC is going through a beta program whether dji decide to release SDK after this program is not known either way.

I can tell you, having been in touch with Litchi , they are of the opinion that dji will release the SDK , they just don’t know when.
For me personally I have no problems using Litchi if I need to, I have more than one option with craft .
2019-5-10
Use props
Norbert006
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 04:48
I didn’t spend a fortune on anything, I basically spent what I thought was good value when considering what else is on offer.
I’ll just explain, SRC cost €699 , normal RC cost approx €350 device needed I.e. iPad mini €250 , mount €50, so for an extra €50 I can have a much better dedicated set up in a much better package with much better brightness etc, so compared to basic set up I believe I got a bargain .

False comparison. Many of those other components are already owned by the consumer. They aren’t buying the iPad etc, just for a DJI Controller. And clearly they are more capable, both processor wise and the ability to run apps like Litchi, etc. The DJI developer team has said that this device is not intended to run apps like Litchi. You can ask them.
They didn’t allow said apps to run on the previous controllers with built in screens either like the P4Pro+. Where’s the SDK for that controller!
Anyway, here’s a pic of me with my new toy. No SDK for this either.
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules