Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Front LED lights
6570 16 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

The two lights on the front of the MPP, one on each forward leg.  Are they RED led lights, or can their color be changed in the programing?  If so I would like to change the right one to GREEN.
2019-3-3
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think they can be change.
2019-3-3
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

Be nice if they have a three or four color led inside, where they can just put in a code to change the color
2019-3-3
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

It would be cool to have the starboard side green and the port side red like nav lights on manned aircraft. Unfortunately they are both single colour red LED's and the only way to change colour would be to physically change the one LED. DJI uses both sides red because traditional nav lights only work best from an onboard pilots perspective to observe other aircraft. When piloting an aircraft remotely, it works best if you can easily see the difference between front and rear. I'm not sure I entirely agree with the philosophy, but that's the reason.
2019-3-4
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-4 05:20
The front LEDs can change color, at least to red, green, & yellow.  You'll see them change when installing a firmware update.  As far as manually selecting the color there is no provision to set them to a specific color.

It's the rear LED that changes colour to indicate aircraft status. The front ones are always red, and they can be turned off, but they don't change colour.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the LED color on the Aircraft manually since each color has a specific meaning or an indicator of the status of the Aircraft especially the rear LED. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-4
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-4 09:24
In normal operation that is true.  But the front LEDs are capable of displaying red, green, or yellow, and they do during firmware updates.  With the Mavic 2, the front LEDs display green to indicate a firmware update has been successfully completed.

This is only on the m2. On the m1 and mpp they are single color leds. I know this for sure because i opened the cover to see the leds. Soon im gonna try to make one side greed by changing the leds and resistors
2019-3-4
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-4 10:03
On the original Mavic Pro & Platinum I am unsure, but the Phantom 3 & 4 front LEDs could also do red, green, and yellow.

Yes, just checked both owners manuals. In the MP/MPP manual it calls them red LEDs, and the manual for the M2P/M2Z it just calls them LEDs, so that difference in the wording would indicate red in the original, and multicolour in the 2.
2019-3-4
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 08:54
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the LED color on the Aircraft manually since each color has a specific meaning or an indicator of the status of the Aircraft especially the rear LED. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for the explanation of the situation.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HH1 Posted at 3-4 14:01
Thank you for the explanation of the situation.

It's my pleasure. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-4
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-4 09:24
In normal operation that is true.  But the front LEDs are capable of displaying red, green, or yellow, and they do during firmware updates.  With the Mavic 2, the front LEDs display green to indicate a firmware update has been successfully completed.

Dirty Bird, that is what I was hoping for, but since that function is used for the craft, I doubt that I could change or get changed the right arm one to green, to be with the color scheme of manned aircraft, it does help to know if it is going away or towards you.
2019-3-4
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 3-4 09:40
This is only on the m2. On the m1 and mpp they are single color leds. I know this for sure because i opened the cover to see the leds. Soon im gonna try to make one side greed by changing the leds and resistors

That is what I would like to do, on my MPP.
2019-3-4
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 3-4 07:51
It's the rear LED that changes colour to indicate aircraft status. The front ones are always red, and they can be turned off, but they don't change colour.

That is what I have noticed, although, there is one time I thought the right one was white, but not positive.  If they are ALWAYS red, then the right one can be changed to green, wonder why dji doesn't do that, as they have a lot of "safe flying" documents on the site, it would go hand in hand with having the aircraft lighting be configured from the factory to conform with actual flight>
2019-3-4
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 08:54
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the LED color on the Aircraft manually since each color has a specific meaning or an indicator of the status of the Aircraft especially the rear LED. Thank you for your support.

Dji Gamora, were you referring to JUST the REAR led, or ALL of the LEDs on the craft?
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HH1 Posted at 3-4 14:18
Dji Gamora, were you referring to JUST the REAR led, or ALL of the LEDs on the craft?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The front LED show the orientation of the aircraft. The front LED's glow solid red when the aircraft is turned on to indicate the front of the aircraft. The Aircraft Status Indicator communicates the system status of the flight controller. Kindly refer to the image below for the Aircraft Status Descriptions. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-3-4
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

Thank you Tony, that is for the bottom rear light of the craft, I was asking about the FRONT arm lights just under the motors.  I was asking if the light on the RIGHT arm could be changed in color by either doing something in the controller or a patch type code could be issued to change that light to GREEN, in my case that is the only light I would want to change from RED to GREEN.
2019-3-4
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
United States

Tony, I miss read your comment, and I apologize, of course you are right as to the two arm mounted lights being RED, and then the status light in the rear.  Which I must thank you once again because, it brought to mind a semi wrong assumption on my part, and that is the RED and GREEN lights on a MANNED AIRCRAFT can be seen from both front and rear, which is not the case on fixed wing aircraft, however in a lot, if not all cases of lighting on HELICOPTERS the RED and GREEN can be seen from the ground, above the craft, and from front as well as rear of the craft, and this is what I was mentally referencing as I wrote the original post.  The forward RED lights on the MPP must be turned on in the Flight Controller.
2019-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules