Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy s10+
11563 24 2019-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone I finally got rid of my original Mavic and upgraded to the Mavic Pro 2, which I have to say the build looks a lot better now! Only issue is that it will not work at the moment with my LG G6 phone it isn't in the supported phones which is a bummer because I have this new drone I paid a lot of money for and it just sits here, I do think that if DJI puts out a drone their team should be all over the support on many phones not just a small few and especially not just cater to apple which is rediculous. But my light at the end of the tunnel I hope is that in about 2 weeks I should be getting my new Galaxy s10+ which I am going to assume the DJI crew will make compatable with their drone being that it is one of the latest and desired phones? I really don't want to go have to buy a phone solely for the Mavic. It would be nice to see a work around to get my current phone to work while I wait for my new phone so if anyone has a suggestion it would be appreciated but none the less my main concern is that the s10+ will be compatable...do any of the admin know if it will be?
2019-3-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Are you getting an error on your Lg?

Why do you not try to install an apk and see if it works.
2019-3-3
Use props
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

Suren Posted at 3-3 20:34
Are you getting an error on your Lg?

Why do you not try to install an apk and see if it works.

My phone won't connect to the drone through GO4 app which is an apk. At one point I used the 3.0 cable and the bottom USB port on the controller and it worked and let me do the initial set up on the drone and was able to log into the main part of the GO4 app and see through the camera but once I took it outside it wouldn't even connect to the phone again.
2019-3-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

BrownGuy420 Posted at 3-3 21:19
My phone won't connect to the drone through GO4 app which is an apk. At one point I used the 3.0 cable and the bottom USB port on the controller and it worked and let me do the initial set up on the drone and was able to log into the main part of the GO4 app and see through the camera but once I took it outside it wouldn't even connect to the phone again.

What version app are you using, can you not download an older version apk for now till you get the s10, it should work
2019-3-4
Use props
TheWiggz
lvl.1
United States

DELETED POST
2019-3-4
Use props
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

TheWiggz Posted at 3-4 07:15
This is my exact same scenario.

I also have the LGG6 and it used to be work with my Mavic 2 Pro until it updated to Android 8.0. Then it was completely unusable. I had to downgrade my phone back to Android 7.0 and I can get it to connect and work with the app, but during flight the app crashes constantly, which is scary, and I have to quickly relaunch the app.

Ya that right there is where I am at too my friend! Don't want to get the controller due to the crazy price that it is...half the cost of the drone almost ...So fingers are crossed on the arrival of the s10+
2019-3-4
Use props
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

I also have the LGG6 and it used to be work with my Mavic 2 Pro until it updated to Android 8.0. Then it was completely unusable. I had to downgrade my phone back to Android 7.0 and I can get it to connect and work with the app, but during flight the app crashes constantly, which is scary, and I have to quickly relaunch the app.

How did you downgrade to 7.0?
2019-3-4
Use props
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BrownGuy420. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment upon checking  the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy s10+ ). I am sorry to say that the mobile devices that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy s10+ will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continiuosly testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the near future. Thank you.

2019-3-4
Use props
TheWiggz
lvl.1
United States

BrownGuy420 Posted at 3-4 07:26

DELETED POST
2019-3-4
Use props
TheWiggz
lvl.1
United States

Just an update. I got my Galaxy S10+ last night and got it all setup. I was able to fly my Mavic 2 Pro almost flawlessly. No app crashes or anything like that. I say almost flawlessly because since the Galaxy 10+ screen uses that edge screen stuff, it was kind of hard to tap the settings button on the top right corner while in flight since that part of the screen is tucked into the remote control. Probably not a problem for some, but I have giant fingers so I had to kind of finesse my way into that are.

But so far so good.

And the screen on the S10+ is freaking glorious. So bright and vibrant and large. I felt like I was seeing details I never noticed before while in flight.
2019-3-7
Use props
overkillphil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80226 ft
United States

TheWiggz Posted at 3-7 07:51
Just an update. I got my Galaxy S10+ last night and got it all setup. I was able to fly my Mavic 2 Pro almost flawlessly. No app crashes or anything like that. I say almost flawlessly because since the Galaxy 10+ screen uses that edge screen stuff, it was kind of hard to tap the settings button on the top right corner while in flight since that part of the screen is tucked into the remote control. Probably not a problem for some, but I have giant fingers so I had to kind of finesse my way into that are.

But so far so good.

I just tried to setup my Mavic Pro on my two day old S10+  it will not talk to it,  hoping DJI come ups with a patch of a fix for this....   
2019-3-10
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

So if you newly bought your M2P why didnt you chose the package with smart controller ? Then no need to worry about the phone ,unless you are looking for larger screen or other functions.
2019-3-10
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99908 ft
United States

How it the S10+ so far?  Any issues with the DJI??
2019-3-20
Use props
TheWiggz
lvl.1
China

DELETED POST
2019-3-20
Use props
TheWiggz
lvl.1
China

DELETED POST
2019-3-20
Use props
fans7b866fcb
New

Canada

TheWiggz Posted at 3-20 10:58
Saturday I took out my drone for a full flight for the first time. It was the best experience Ive had flying since i got the Mavic 2.

No app crashes. No problems at all. And the screen is GLORIOUS. Im talking high noon, direct sunlight an I could see the screen perfectly.

Are you using the USB port or the main port on the side of the controller cause my dad just got the s10+ and the usb port wont hook up and connect
2019-4-5
Use props
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

My S10+ was working great but now it's saying esc error status and won't take off and DJI says it's due to my phone not being fully optimized. Before that it was flying beautifully.
2019-4-6
Use props
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

https://youtu.be/RlY4Eyk7S-o
2019-4-6
Use props
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

This is what I did when it was working.

https://youtu.be/RlY4Eyk7S-o

2019-4-6
Use props
BrownGuy420
lvl.1
United States

Just got my Mavic up in the air again I found if you turn on the Mavic, then the controller and then plug into the usb at bottom of controller then the phone it worked fine but you have to let the controller and the remote connect before you plug in the phone or the error will still be there and you wont be able to fly
2019-4-6
Use props
Boink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6253 ft
United States

As of November 12, 2019 a call to DJI tech support, I learned "the Samsung S10 is not currently supported and we don't know when it will be." Very disappointing given this is a flagship phone for Samsung.
2019-11-13
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Boink Posted at 11-13 15:25
As of November 12, 2019 a call to DJI tech support, I learned "the Samsung S10 is not currently supported and we don't know when it will be." Very disappointing given this is a flagship phone for Samsung.

That is terrible to hear.  I wonder if the Note 10/+ is officially supported?  Though, I have successfully used the Note 10+ with no apparent issues already.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_ZUdvPuy0EDEu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545236 ft
Slovenia

I have a problem with connecting the Mavic Mini RC to a Galaxy S10+. When I plug the cable into the phone, the remote starts charging the phone an the DJI Fly app states that it cn't connect to the RC.
2019-11-16
Use props
Joel Mills
New

United Kingdom

It doesn't work, I lose video ever 20 seconds, can't use it in a professional setting
2021-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules