How to control DJI spark ESC board?
2892 7 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji_chao
lvl.1

Singapore

Can someone share with me how is it possible to drive the TX of ESC using some FPGA that I can build?
I was doing some DIY. I have some motors and ESC boards shown below
1) DJI Spark Brushless Motor 1504s

2) ESC Board for DJI Spark Part

And I would like to drive the ESC using TX line through FPGA, which is very easy for me.
If there is some full spec of this TX signal of ESC, that will be best.

Thank you very much!

2019-3-4
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

It might help if give more info on what your trying to achieve
2019-3-4
Use props
fans90c13814
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to Acronyms 'r' Us.  It might help if you slimmed down a little on them and stated what you're looking for.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For a friendly reminder, DJI doesn't recommend to modify or open up consumers drones as this would void the warranty. However, we're hoping that you could get the best recommendation in regards to your inquiry. To know more about our after sales policy, please see the link below. Thank you for understanding.
https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2019-3-4
Use props
dji_chao
lvl.1

Singapore

Like what I said, my intention is to drive TX of ESC chip myself. I am an electronics hobbyist.
I have some FPGA development board. I can build hardware or build some MCU system to write some firmware code.
I thought I can have a lot of fun by driving TX of ESC myself using my own hardware/firmware code, to test drone flying control.
I can even build some prototype by integrating my own host system with the 4 DJI spark ESC+motor.
So hope someone can share some typical TX command/pattern required. Thanks!
2019-3-4
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi,

I'd say, hook up a decent storage oscilloscope or a logic analyzer on TX of one of the ESCs, remove the props and then use DJI Assistant 2 in motor test mode. That should give you an idea if there is simpy a servo pulse or real UART communication going on.
Keep us posted what you found out!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-5
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

I don't think DJI is going to be releasing that SDK any time soon! might have something to do Proprietary software
2019-3-5
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Call me a fool, but you if you have no idea how to drive the ESC?  - just build a custom drone if you are smart enough. If I understand correctly, the best you can do is go into debug mode within an older version of  DJI Assistant & modify parameters.  If you are smart enough to build an interface you will know the answer, but why? ESC = electronic speed control?  FPGA  = field programmable gate array.  It all exists within DJI Assistant via debug.  Why reinvent the wheel?  DJI won't share details, nor will the public if they know protocol.  
2019-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules