Mavic Pro filters question...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfaholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4143734 ft
Serbia

Hello everyone,

I bought ND filters with CPL, now I see this was not very wise decision, my footage is not uniformed depending on the angle of the sun so I am looking for a way to use only ND filters and thinking about turning them 180 degrees to "turn off" CPL, is this valid or I need to sell them and buy only ND filters withoud CPL?
2019-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep them and use them when needed (90 degrees to the sun to prevent glare from reflective surfaces such as large bodies of water). Buy another set of just shutter ND's for all other occasions for controlling the shutter speed / motion blur.
2019-3-4
Use props
alfaholic
lvl.2
Serbia

A CW Posted at 3-4 01:15
Keep them and use them when needed (90 degrees to the sun to prevent glare from reflective surfaces such as large bodies of water). Buy another set of just shutter ND's for all other occasions for controlling the shutter speed / motion blur.

Thanks. So you do not think I can "turn off" CPL effect by turning it 180 degrees?
2019-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alfaholic Posted at 3-4 02:23
Thanks. So you do not think I can "turn off" CPL effect by turning it 180 degrees?

They can't ever be 'turned off' but the polarisation will be minimised - like polarised sun glasses.
2019-3-4
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

alfaholic Posted at 3-4 02:23

No. If it is possible to "turn off" the effect, you might as well "turn it on" and use it correctly.  
2019-3-4
Use props
alfaholic
lvl.2
Serbia

Charissa Posted at 3-4 07:23
No. If it is possible to "turn off" the effect, you might as well "turn it on" and use it correctly.

Thanks. What I meant is to use them in lowest setting so the effect is minimized, for example find where is its maximum value and turn it 180 degrees. I suppose it all depends of the angle at which light is coming, and location of the sun.
2019-3-4
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

alfaholic Posted at 3-4 07:35
Thanks. What I meant is to use them in lowest setting so the effect is minimized, for example find where is its maximum value and turn it 180 degrees. I suppose it all depends of the angle at which light is coming, and location of the sun.

That is correct. It is very difficult with a drone to get the effect just right. You have to do your settings on the ground, and plan the shot according to angle of the sun. I very seldom use my NDPL filters, use the ND more.
The CPL stay on the drone and would be my go to filter.
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Hope that you could get the best recommendation on using the ND filters for your Mavic Pro. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-4
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.

2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules