Oversaturated colors on Mac using Galaxy S9 and Dji App?
829 3 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank McFly 97
lvl.1
Italy

Hi everyone, my first post here.
I bought an osmo mobile 2 last day and yesterday I tried to do some videos. Everything works well (more or less, I can see part of the gimbal in the video sometimes) but the trouble begins when I play the videos I made on my Macbook Pro 15 2018 (with the latest IOS update). Colors are oversaturated and red-ish.
I've asked to a lot of people for help but nothing came out. On my phone (Galaxy S9) and on Windows the colors are natural. You can see a comparison between the colors on the video on Mac and a photo I Made with the DJI app as well below.

I tried with different players but nothing.

The problem only happens when I use the DJI app and I record on 4k (same setting on the standard camera app works perfectly, as well as 1080p in the DJI app).

It seems like it has something to do with the color profile (btu 2020, 9-1-9) of the video.

I tried recalibrating my monitor but nothing.

Any suggestion?

On the right, the video. On the left a photo I took (both were made using the DJI app)

On the right, the video. On the left a photo I took (both were made using the DJI app)
2019-3-4
Use props
Frank McFly 97
lvl.1
Italy

It seems like the problem is in the app. Can you please update it?
2019-3-5
Use props
Frank McFly 97
lvl.1
Italy

Still no answers?
I literally can't use my OSMO with this problem! (Well, I could, but why I need to make another color correction?). I paid 149 bucks for that and basically I can't use it's functions because of a bug of the app.
2019-3-13
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft
United States

DJI seems like such colors in video. It looks similar for other products.
You have to manually set white balance or make lut for you purpose with color shift.
Application update will not help you
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules