Goggles RE analog problems and obsertations
5880 17 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 836188 ft
Finland

I think RE goggles is a poor product. I buyed it for Mavic2 flying but also 5.8ghz analog video.

Observations:
- disclaimer, if new firmware at writing I don't have it. But I have larest firmware of upgraded jan 2019
- signal reception is very poor, with dji antennas I get 20-30m distance at best!
- no signal debug information except video noise
- I don't have other analog fpv glass for comparison but it cannot bbe this poor as ppl fly fov hundreds of meters away
- vtx tbs unify pro race, tried 25mW and 200mW modes. Also multiple frequencies tested.
- sma adapter fir 2nd padoga antenba to drone. It won't tension to dji antenna for proper contact and to lock down antenna. Sanding the adapter helped a bit, but cannot be sure that antenna connects properly, ref signal problems. Rhcp padoga on vtx I think has betrer range than dual dji antennas
- pal mode camera, goggles display it fine but analog sd card recorder records it wrong. It cuts at 480 lines and overlays rest pal resolution lines from top.
- goggles own player displays the same top-overlayed video.
- recorder fps on recorder video file probably wrong with pal recording. Cannot sync to betaflight blackbox file.

I feel very disappointed. Instead of buying re goggles I could have invested proven 5g8 analog goggles from market leader.

Is there anything I can do or debug?

And, goggles re works properly with Mavic2 digital link. Analog is the problem. Also hdmi display as pc simulator display is fine. So glasses seem to work as normal.

2019-3-4
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

Sorry about typos, I blame my mobile on which I wrote initial mail.

- One more complain. If I shutdown the glasses while in analog more the saved video stream is broken. Directory has the avc1 and trinf files for "interrupted" recording like Mavic2 has if shutdown while recording. However glasses do not fix/recover those files like Mavic does. So how about putting file closing code to glasses shutdown code?
2019-3-4
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

Here we can see wrong framerate and wrong resolution of PAL image by camera. Also amount of static when copter is 30m high and maybe 15m away.

2019-3-4
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

JorgeFIN Posted at 3-4 11:53
Here we can see wrong framerate and wrong resolution of PAL image by camera. Also amount of static when copter is 30m high and maybe 15m away.

[view_image]

Above picture also shows the "image" wrapping with green tint. This affects only the recording, I think the live image is fine.
2019-3-4
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

> - disclaimer, if new firmware at writing I don't have it. But I have larest firmware of upgraded jan 2019

Went to DJI assistant 2 v1.2.4 (or something). Firmware list shows my glasses is V01.00.0700-

Still Then on "latest version" DJI assistant offers "UPGRADE" to latest version?  Perhaps re-install would be correct term. But I'll try to upgrade to same V01.00.0700 version.

Update: Upgrade ended @Server data error. Upload Error Log

- I sent the error log to your system..
- *sigh*

2019-3-4
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

JorgeFIN Posted at 3-4 12:22
> - disclaimer, if new firmware at writing I don't have it. But I have larest firmware of upgraded jan 2019

Went to DJI assistant 2 v1.2.4 (or something). Firmware list shows my glasses is V01.00.0700-

3rd try "upgrade" was successful
2019-3-4
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

I found out problem which hopefully removes the antenna signal issue (I cannot edit earlier postings so I cannot "fix" my initial posting). I'll update this thread after I receive mail.

Topic still is PAL recording with wrong FPS information and resolution, and "wrapping" video.
2019-3-4
Use props
djiuser_HA53II1xDPuL
lvl.1

United States

What online services for essay writing do you use? I’m interested in this site https://edureviewer.com/services/studymoose-com-review  What free sites do you know? Thanks!
2019-3-11
Use props
fans59e2e27e
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I'm also not satisfied with the picture quality in the anloge mode of these goggles, I can compare with a low cost Eachine V800D goggles, those have much better picture quality and also range. I discussed this with the support and they asked me to send them in, so that is what I will do. Just hope they will find anything out.
2019-3-13
Use props
PJ-Swede
lvl.1
United States

I 'm also having problems to scan the frequency, after it has locked into a drone It will not continue to search, also the frequently might lock in the wrong frequency, it can lock into, for example, 5860 when the correct is 5865. someone else also experience this?
2019-3-13
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

#I ordered eachine rotg01 pro in it beats with single patch antenna the goggles 5 antenna system..   Reply Here#
2019-4-5
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

fans59e2e27e Posted at 3-13 04:53
Hi, I'm also not satisfied with the picture quality in the anloge mode of these goggles, I can compare with a low cost Eachine V800D goggles, those have much better picture quality and also range. I discussed this with the support and they asked me to send them in, so that is what I will do. Just hope they will find anything out.

Interesting. Please share with your case if it help on analog receiving.
2019-4-5
Use props
JasQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2063950 ft

Poland

Hi.

I bought DJI RE goggles to replace my old quanum v1 and receiver based on the rx5808 module.
The image from the dji is of poor quality and the range is tragic. On my Quanum set I can fly 500 to 1000 meters using my cloverleaf antenas,
on a dji I can't fly more than 200 meters, no diference wich antenna using, my or orginal dji.

2020-7-4
Use props
MartinDemin
lvl.1

Slovakia

Hello,

I have bolted down the sensitivity problem to one RF switch not being active ! Can you DJI fix the firmware, please ?

When the switch is off, the sensitivity is decreased by over 20dB, which is about 100 times weaker signal (about 10 times less range).
The solution could be rewiring the analog receiver to a new antenna,  but maybe a new firmware could fix the goggles.

PLEASE DJI !

2021-3-17
Use props
MartinDemin
lvl.1

Slovakia

I was able to resolve the issue by first downgrading to the oldest firmware, then to the .500, .600 and then the latest. Until now the goggles were always offering and upgrade, so there is some bug in there. Now, they offer "REFRESH" and the sensitivity problem appears to be fixed !
2021-3-17
Use props
JorgeFIN
lvl.2
Finland

MartinDemin Posted at 3-17 08:30
I was able to resolve the issue by first downgrading to the oldest firmware, then to the .500, .600 and then the latest. Until now the goggles were always offering and upgrade, so there is some bug in there. Now, they offer "REFRESH" and the sensitivity problem appears to be fixed !

Thanks Martin for good job & analysis. I'll try the same although purchased Fatshark & rapidfire ages ago.. But still spectator glasses would be really nice..

About hardware modding glasses, would you see a possibility of adding physical switch to replace I understand electrical switch?

Also people should try to push DJI to fix this in firmware..
2021-3-19
Use props
MartinDemin
lvl.1

Slovakia

The switch problem is resolved after the upgrade. (As long as the DJI assistant offers "REFRESH" and not "UPGRADE" for your goggles)
Although if you want, the analog receiver is separate from the digital part and resides on the bottom side of the goggles. You can easily disconnect the RF input and put an IPAX wifi pigtail on it.
2021-3-23
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

MartinDemin Posted at 3-17 08:30

This worked for me!  Thanks!
2021-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules