lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

Hi:
Recived a pair of multilink
Had the Inspire upgraded to .0300
Upgraded both master and slave RC
Upgraded both iPad to the last GO4
Multilink show up and connect perfectly. Shows EXCELLENT in signal strenght all the time.
With everything turned on, I can walk with the master and get appart a good distance from the slave. Even with obstacles like cars or iron fences. we were allways getting a good signal and no loss of control or video. Once we take off, the signal suddenly weaknens and the slave signal is lost frequently even if we are stand very close each other master and slave. We tried to relink a couple of times, but with no succes. It was a bit congested area: other drones and ENG sat antennas, but we were very close as I said. The master was set to 5.8 but the slave showed 2.4, suggesting that multilink uses an auto channel. But it was unable to get a clean signal. What shocked us was that another Inspire 2 was operating, and for a second when it was turned on, we could see its camera signal in our slave ipad. Again, it was a little bit RF congested area, but if we cannot use it in those enviroments, it is not usefull for us. When we disconected the Multilink, everything performed as espected. Master/slave connection was just OK in the same circumstances.
Any experience/comment?

2019-3-4
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Switch your master to 2.4.  You saw the other I2 in your slave iPad because its master was set at 2.4.  2.4 seems more robust in the air with 5.8 being better on the ground to me.  BTW Do not fly through satellite truck uplink beams.
2019-3-4
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

eggbeater Posted at 3-4 21:57
Switch your master to 2.4.  You saw the other I2 in your slave iPad because its master was set at 2.4.  2.4 seems more robust in the air with 5.8 being better on the ground to me.  BTW Do not fly through satellite truck uplink beams.

Hi eggbeater
2.4 is so crowded of WI FI signals that it is not reliable for a clean connection. Even 5.8 is starting to be with more and more traffic. The problem is that I don´t know if Multilink has any issue or if needs any setup. I could not find anything in the user manual
2019-3-4
Use props
mkheng.kurnia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10251168 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airking Pilot Posted at 3-4 22:38
Hi eggbeater
2.4 is so crowded of WI FI signals that it is not reliable for a clean connection. Even 5.8 is starting to be with more and more traffic. The problem is that I don´t know if Multilink has any issue or if needs any setup. I could not find anything in the user manual

We’ve had the same problem. Have you found a reason / cure?
2019-4-30
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

mkheng.kurnia Posted at 4-30 13:01
We’ve had the same problem. Have you found a reason / cure?

What we tested and double checked is this:
There is not an issue with transmission. The problem is that the link is master-slave: control signal. Drone-slave: video signal. So unless your slave is 100% LOS all the time, the video signal will be lost in the slave even though you can control the gimbal. In our experience, the slave cannot be LOS all the time. What a desing failure. The path should be the same as master - slave without multilink, It is useless for us. The pilot from time to time must make some steps to keep LOS. The slave cannot do exactly the same thing. It´s ridiculous.
2019-5-1
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ugh, I was truly wanting to hear good things about Multilink.  I'm watching this for updates.  Please let us know what remotes you are using standard I2 remotes or Cendence remotes? I guess I should ask if you're flying the I2 or 210??  Thanks for any info you can pass along.
2019-5-2
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

fans82a02d84 Posted at 5-2 18:47
Ugh, I was truly wanting to hear good things about Multilink.  I'm watching this for updates.  Please let us know what remotes you are using standard I2 remotes or Cendence remotes? I guess I should ask if you're flying the I2 or 210??  Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Inspire 2 with std RC
But the signal path is the same
2019-5-3
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airking Pilot Posted at 5-3 21:19
Inspire 2 with std RC
But the signal path is the same

Thanks for the info. Any update to your situation with the multilink?
2019-5-8
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

fans82a02d84 Posted at 5-8 18:57
Thanks for the info. Any update to your situation with the multilink?

Well, the situation is not going to change. The signal path is the signal path. If it´s  OK for you, go ahead. Keep in mind that Master and Slave must be LOS. But you can get good connecion between both RC with Multilink. In our case is not usefull at all. We do not want the cam op. walking around (with cables attached) to keep LOS all the time. We bought them because we read good reviews. This detail was forgotten to mention. Really a bad thinking design.
2019-5-10
Use props
sujeng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72015158 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

But does you multilink works when in 2.4? My slaves loose picture and control of the gimbal when I switch to 2.4ghz.
2021-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules