12Next >
3349 61 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

dji can you please add manual ATTI mode to you Mavic 2 pro..

This is labeled as a so called pro drone.. why restrict such functionality..

Whilst gps mode is excellent and will always favour in good conditions.. it’s no good in weak or when it keeps jumping between the two modes..

I almost lost my drone last week to the gps skipping to a place I thought it should be.. when I was well and truly in control of my aircraft in ATTI mode.

I have no interest in using it to bypass geolocks.. I just want to fly in valleys and George’s

Cheers
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Renames. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. Let me please forward this thread/information to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.

2019-3-5
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Any updates
2019-3-6
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think you should create a poll. Run it up the flagpole and see who salutes. I think it would be a great option as long as it could be programmed on a button. Would be very useful when you start to get a flyaway.
2019-3-6
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Time to sell m2p and get p4p
Or wait for p5
2019-3-6
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

3BEPb Posted at 3-6 04:42
Time to sell m2p and get p4p
Or wait for p5

I have a p4p

Sorry .. but I think the m2p is a much better drone..  
2019-3-6
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Lots of calls to no avail for same on the original Mavic Pro. I always assumed allowing ATTI mode would bypass geofencing, and that's why DJI was reluctant to add such a feature, but I've since understood you can have both geofencing and ATTI, so I'm at a loss for why the feature hasn't been added.
2019-3-6
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Renames Posted at 3-6 04:54
I have a p4p

Sorry .. but I think the m2p is a much better drone..

Its not in your DJI profile, may be you do.
You say its better than p4p but you are asking for a p4p feature that m2p lacks. Where is logic?

2019-3-6
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When I was tested for my Drone licence here in Australia, a big part of the CASA flight test was to fly my Inspire 2 in ATTI mode. There are big changes coming to laws that allow flying drones in Australia and the individuals flying the Mavic 2 Pro will be required to have a licence. I wonder if CASA will give out licences if the drone they test on doesn't have ATTI mode?

Knowing how to fly in ATTI is very important for when the automation drops out and how knowing how to deal with emergency situations
2019-3-6
Use props
liecat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994485 ft
Belgium

Agreed, i would like to see an ATTI mode, just to practice flying without GPS support.
Just give us the option to choose sport or ATTI under the S-switch (S for Special not sport mode ;))
I think this would give pilots the oppurtunity to perform on a higher level of flying.
2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For what reason do you need Atti mode ?

As it stands M2 when it loses GPS operates exactly the same as all dji craft lik3 phantom inspire etc, what happens is all these aircraft on loosing GPS automatically go to Atti mode.

There is good reason why Aircraft is set up this way. In the old days IE phantom 2/3 to go to Atti mode you used a switch if you lost gps, this is no longer the case as we all know, and why in this situation would auto Atti mode be better, when flying if craft goes to auto Atti you can still control it but it is more difficult, so if it regains GPS quickly it will do so automatically, with the old system you never knew when you regained GPS except to continue to switch off and on Atti to P mode.

There is only two advantages that I can see to being able to switch to Atti mode, 1/ To Practice in Atti mode. This can also at much less risk be done with a very cheap market drone, so weigh it up would you prefer to lose $100 drone or your $1500 drone.
2/ Some particularly older professional and more experienced pilots who learned there trade in manual mode, still like to film using Atti mode.

When the boom in growth sales started and first time users picked up P3 P4 etc, we seen many without knowing take off flying in Atti mode, it was even referred to it’s proper mode then Attitude Mode, new users believed they could get so much more from using this mode, it resulted in many crashed drones unsafe flying due to ignorance and not reading simple stuff like your manual.

With the introduction of the Mavic Pro and I believe because it was going after the mass market bringing hundreds of thousands of new flyers to drone flying, something needed to be done to curb the risk of newbies trying to use Atti mode, as a result of this and craft automatically going to Atti mode, we seen no Mavic pros lost to voluntary Atti mode, we’ve seen a lot less drones lost through loss of GPS (although this can also be contributed to better GPS modules) it is still a lot less considering, since auto Atti mode was introduced to Mavic Pro we have seen it rolled out to all Dji drones including phantoms inspire matrice as well as all new Mavic .

I understand people asking for it because they believe they are missing something , but what are the advantages of having this for all who use drones.

I own a phantom 3 orignal which I can fly in manual Atti mode and do sometimes, I also own a phantom 4Pro but have no inclination to fly it in Atti mode and if I lose GPS I’m glad it automatically goes to Opti if in range and Atti if opti is not available, but the best part of this auto system is when GPS returns it’s also auto.

You can buy anold secondhand P3 very cheaply now and they make a very good practice drone for Atti and a whole host of other stuff, and you won’t have to risk your pride and joy to try master Atti mode, just a suggestion.
2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3BEPb Posted at 3-6 08:10
Its not in your DJI profile, may be you do.
You say its better than p4p but you are asking for a p4p feature that m2p lacks. Where is logic?

Your still spouting the same rubbish, trying to derail threads.

It’s pretty clear you didn’t watch that video or you may not have posted it to show your ridiculous comparisons .
Final outcome was M2P has better dynamic range, but you can sort this in post with P4Pro and the presenter of the video finished by saying you can make up your own mind.

You might be interested to know two and a half years ago P4Pro was $300 more expensive than a M2P today , so one would expect a lot more from it, but no as your video shows little or no difference, good job putting up the video it helps us all to understand ;+)::::::::::
2019-3-9
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 02:53
For what reason do you need Atti mode ?

As it stands M2 when it loses GPS operates exactly the same as all dji craft lik3 phantom inspire etc, what happens is all these aircraft on loosing GPS automatically go to Atti mode.

I think I made it pretty clear..

I've been doing ALOT.. (60+ hours now) of flying in and around canyons/waterfalls and caves... in ALL cases the GPS signal is either weak or not at all..

For the 80% of the time the MP2 is ATTI mode all is good, The aircraft is practicable and i am in full control - even at times there might be a gully wind or similar - I know what the aircraft is doing - why is moving and correct accordingly.

however 10% of the time GPS is locked - All good i can put my controller down and take a breather..

the 10% left is the issue.. A HUGE ISSUE..

GPS stats are not 100% the aircraft dosnt really know where it meant to be. .. Sometimes i thinks it knows where its ment to be. .. and all the sudden it burst over to the GPS position i thinks it meant to be (due to the poor GPS signal).
This will obstical avoidance turned off is very bad.. (OA needs to be off due to the proximity of where im flying) ..  

This results in extremely unpredictable behaviour that you do not want flying in caves and canyons..  This is not a fault or anything at all..  The drone FLYS EXTREMELY WELL IN ATTI mode..  Nothing needs to change at all except the ability to lock ATTI mode in when flying is these conditions...

Your post is quite offensive- Its really is coming off like.. Oh shut up noob you dont need ATTI mode you will just crash you drone and cry"

Remembers - a members points under the avatar picture dosnt actually reflect a members actual experience with drones. .. Pretty sure my time flying drones for the RAAF every day isnt logged on the DJI website
2019-3-9
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jdmagoo Posted at 3-6 21:39
When I was tested for my Drone licence here in Australia, a big part of the CASA flight test was to fly my Inspire 2 in ATTI mode. There are big changes coming to laws that allow flying drones in Australia and the individuals flying the Mavic 2 Pro will be required to have a licence. I wonder if CASA will give out licences if the drone they test on doesn't have ATTI mode?

Knowing how to fly in ATTI is very important for when the automation drops out and how knowing how to deal with emergency situations

Same here in the UK. Had to pass with my S800 in Atti. Seems people doing their licence these days get it far too easy and aren't skilled enough to deal with an unexpected Atti occurrence.
Back to OP's orignal point. Good luck flying a M2P off a boat. That's one of the reasons I kept the P4P was becuase of this.
2019-3-9
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

CloudVisual Posted at 3-9 04:33
Same here in the UK. Had to pass with my S800 in Atti. Seems people doing their licence these days get it far too easy and aren't skilled enough to deal with an unexpected Atti occurrence.
Back to OP's orignal point. Good luck flying a M2P off a boat. That's one of the reasons I kept the P4P was becuase of this.

I don’t fly off a boat lol
2019-3-9
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 3-9 04:36
I don’t fly off a boat lol

I wasn't saying you do, I'm saying for those of us that do, we need Atti mode.
2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Renames Posted at 3-9 04:25
I think I made it pretty clear..

I've been doing ALOT.. (60+ hours now) of flying in and around canyons/waterfalls and caves... in ALL cases the GPS signal is either weak or not at all..

What Your saying makes no sense whatsoever, maybe put up your flight log or video, it sounds very much like you don’t have the ability to control craft in Atti mode,so maybe show us before you insult a post that was only trying to explain why Atti mode is not available on M2 and has not been available on any Mavic.

In fact it’s your post that’s offensive the fact that you go to the bother of trying to tell everyone what a great pilot you are, sounds more like bluster than anything else, I see very few who like you think they have some bragging rights because they sit behind a computer asking for the ridiculous, people have been asking for it for two years through 3 drones and it remains what it is.

I await to seethe log and video, if it’s not forthcoming then all your saying is bluster.
2019-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Spark and ALL Mavic's are defined by DJI as consumer products and have never had an ATTI mode switch. There also isn't one on the Smart Controller either so it is clear this will not happen. It didn't when these requests were put forward in 2016 and still no change. In fact there isn't one on the M2 Enterprise either. If you want ATTI you will have to downgrade to a Phantom.

And before your inferioty complex leads to your having a pop at me for my number of points, lets just say I've flown 200,000 feet in a weekend ;)

2019-3-9
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 06:58
What Your saying makes no sense whatsoever, maybe put up your flight log or video, it sounds very much like you don’t have the ability to control craft in Atti mode,so maybe show us before you insult a post that was only trying to explain why Atti mode is not available on M2 and has not been available on any Mavic.

In fact it’s your post that’s offensive the fact that you go to the bother of trying to tell everyone what a great pilot you are, sounds more like bluster than anything else, I see very few who like you think they have some bragging rights because they sit behind a computer asking for the ridiculous, people have been asking for it for two years through 3 drones and it remains what it is.

No your post was trying to tell me why I don’t need ATTI mode..

If you don’t need ATTI mode, all the best to you.. move along..

But skip telling people what they do or do not need because you fail to understand.... regardless if you understand or not..

I’m not going to post flight logs so you can understand that gps signal is not as strong in a valley or river George.

Your post went on about training in ATTI mode, and/or if your some old timer pilot that learnt his trade in ATTI mode... none of which I ever mention..

2019-3-9
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

A CW Posted at 3-9 07:21
The Spark and ALL Mavic's are defined by DJI as consumer products and have never had an ATTI mode switch. There also isn't one on the Smart Controller either so it is clear this will not happen. It didn't when these requests were put forward in 2016 and still no change. In fact there isn't one on the M2 Enterprise either. If you want ATTI you will have to downgrade to a Phantom.

And before your inferioty complex leads to your having a pop at me for my number of points, lets just say I've flown 200,000 feet in a weekend ;)

Why would I, your post was informative and useful.. not implying I’m some noob and trying to tell me that I don’t need ATTI mode because you don’t know what your doing.

My comment in points was  directly related to the other post..

Thank you for that information..

Thanks to the post above and the guide p, I’ve managed to program tripod mode into ATTI mode for the time being, and worked extremely well.. very easy to switch back when needed also.
2019-3-9
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 3-9 07:47
Why would I, your post was informative and useful.. not implying I’m some noob and trying to tell me that I don’t need ATTI mode because you don’t know what your doing.

Fair enough though I didn't read the other thread as offensively as you did - that's the trouble with text - it can be easily misunderstood.
2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Renames Posted at 3-9 07:47

So I take it you don’t have any logs, so all BS , nobody said you were a noob, but you have already said on this thread that you own a P4Pro, so it begs the question why not use that .
2019-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-9 09:34
You are welcome for the link. Glad it worked.

Don't bother dealing with hallmark007 as he just likes spouting off. He apparently thinks a gps signal can travel through solid rock. And here he's talking you down for mentioning flying experience when he was just doing the same thing in another thread braqgging about how he went to flight school and how he flies everyday and how everybody needs to listen to him because he knows it all. And don't complain too much or he will consider you a whiner...

Your trolling again, nothing to add to the thread I see except a link you presumed the OP thanked you for, but it looks like he just ignored it as almost everybody else did. I think just like the OP you wouldn’t know what to do with Atti mode if you had it.
Or maybe you could prove me wrong and show us a log using the Atti mode hack your  trying to punt around here or are you all mouth and no trousers .
2019-3-9
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This trollmark blames others for what he truly is. Pompous clown who think he knows everything and only his way is a right way.
I guess it’s Irish inferiority complex.
2019-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3BEPb Posted at 3-11 04:13
This trollmark blames others for what he truly is. Pompous clown who think he knows everything and only his way is a right way.
I guess it’s Irish inferiority complex.

I see more troll baiting you just can’t help yourself, even when others are clearly pointing out how ridiculous you are.
2019-3-11
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yeah yeah keep talking, leprechaun. I wonder if you look like one?
2019-3-11
Use props
DP Timo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183668 ft
  • >>>

Please add Atti Mode on the Mavic 2 Enterprise Series and please add useful offline maps with a USB SD Karte Import function.
2019-9-18
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

so many years on.. still no atti mode..

thank god for 3rd party tools.. and no i dont care about warrenty.. that is long gone..

I understand DJI is getting harassed form local aviation authorities to do more to restrict these drones... BUT STAND YOUR GROUND... its not DJI job to ensure compliance..
2022-2-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 2-8 01:07
so many years on.. still no atti mode.. thank god for 3rd party tools.. and no i dont care about warrenty.. that is long gone.. I understand DJI is getting harassed form local aviation authorities to do more to restrict these drones... BUT STAND YOUR GROUND... its not DJI job to ensure compliance..
And if governments say to DJI "Incorporate these constraints into your hardware and or firmware otherwise the importation of your drone to our jurisdiction will not be allowed.", what are DJI or any other foreign manufacturer to do? Stand their ground and lose the market?
DJI have imposed constraints on the Mini series in India in compliance with Indian regulations. Those regulations may have been lifted but as I understand it there are still bureaucratic hiccups  preventing DJI lifting the restrictions.
Such mechanisms are probably the easiest way for governments to prevent idiots flying where and how they should not.
2022-2-8
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-8 05:53
And if governments say to DJI "Incorporate these constraints into your hardware and or firmware otherwise the importation of your drone to our jurisdiction will not be allowed.", what are DJI or any other foreign manufacturer to do? Stand their ground and lose the market?
DJI have imposed constraints on the Mini series in India in compliance with Indian regulations. Those regulations may have been lifted but as I understand it there are still bureaucratic hiccups  preventing DJI lifting the restrictions.
Such mechanisms are probably the easiest way for governments to prevent idiots flying where and how they should not.

I understand this.. But for the LOVE OF GOD, just add a bypass mode, where you enter your ARN (for Australia - thats our Aviation Reference number), once you have done that, your fly records get sent to CASA (Australia air cops) but we have no restrictions
2022-2-10
Use props
DaGickXx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549656 ft

France

Hi,
Any updates ? Please, we really need this !
2022-3-19
Use props
fans0c8f55a6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 174593 ft
United States

I would like the option between GPS mode and ATTI mode.
2022-3-23
Use props
DaGickXx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549656 ft

France

fans0c8f55a6 Posted at 3-23 06:47
I would like the option between GPS mode and ATTI mode.

Would like it too, so much ! And we are a ton who need this feature
2022-4-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This thread in now more than 3 years old.
Excluding perhaps Enterprise versions, the M2 production run has ended or is close to ending.

Not meaning to be offensive but, given that they haven't already done so, do you think there is now even the slightest chance of DJI adding this long requested feature.

2022-4-11
Use props
fans0c8f55a6
lvl.3
United States

Never mind. I found out how to do it it.
2022-4-12
Use props
fans0c8f55a6
lvl.3
United States

I found out how to do it, and it works great!
2022-4-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 2-10 03:46
I understand this.. But for the LOVE OF GOD, just add a bypass mode, where you enter your ARN (for Australia - thats our Aviation Reference number), once you have done that, your fly records get sent to CASA (Australia air cops) but we have no restrictions

That's interesting, what causes the entering of your ARN to send the flight log to the CASA and how and when is the log sent?
If sent at the time the number is entered then I presume that could be with the drone still on the ground with 20 minutes + flying remaining and probably using your mobile data allowance.
If sent 'live' whilst the drone is being flown would not switching off wifi and network coverage and avoid possible data charges?
If the log is sent "after the event" couldn't you switch off wifi and network connection as soon as your  ARN has been accepted and then delete or move the log to other storage?
2022-4-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans0c8f55a6 Posted at 4-12 03:42
I found out how to do it, and it works great!

Perhaps you could help others by telling us how you did it?
2022-4-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules