Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 210 no longer recognized on Assistant 2
3878 5 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse8662ca0
lvl.2

United States

I’ll try to make this as concise as possible, but over the last few days my Matrice 210 on the Assistant 2. I’ll lay this out as to why I was hooking it up to my computer in the first place and then what steps have been taken to try to solve the problem.

Original problems:

1) Gimbal #2 was dead. Cameras were tested and changed out, the Gimbal acted like it had no power. This was until I stumbled onto a battery switch from my tb55’s to tb50’s.

With the  tb50’s, Gimbal #2 works, but the initial calibration is slow. The dealers tech support says that is ok, I’ll take their word for it.

2) I attempt to check my firmware on the Matrice and receive an error stating “cannot load firmware, please try again” (or something very close to that.

Solutions that dealers tech support and I have tried:

1) I’ve closed and reopened the Assistant 2.

2) Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Assistant 2.

3) Downloaded a registry cleaner (CCleaner to be exact) to fix and clean any possible “left over signatures” from previous installs, THEN reinstalled the Assistant 2.

4) Downloaded Assistant 2 to my wife’s computer and tried to connect there.

5) Disabled my signature verification temporarily while installing the Assistant 2.

6) While this has been going on, I’ve also double checked that all of my PC’s drivers are up to date as well as my Windows 10 Pro has the latest updates.

7) Pulled the SD card in the drone, except a folder with no files, it was completely empty .

A few things to note:

1) My Matrice has been plugged into my computer before (only about a week or two ago) and it was registering just fine.

2) I bought this Nov. 30 and it’s barely got any flight hours on it, but I did update the batteries and fixed that issue back in December.

3) The error message on my computer has changed from “cannot load firmware” to “network connection error”. This, despite the Assistant 2 loading up, initializing and showing me the “Matrice 200 series” button at the beginning - in other words, it knows a Matrice 200 series is connected, but doesn’t want to connect. The error on my wife’s computer is the same though “cannot load firmware”.

4) Despite a Google search on “Assistant 2 for Matrice 210” and that search pulling up 2 different Assistant 2 versions (3 if you count a link that leads to access denied url) Version 2.0.4 and Version 2.0.6, I am using 2.0.6.

Finally, my PC specs are:

i7 6700k Intel Skylake
MSI Z170 M7 Motherboard
32gb of DDR4
Nvidia Geforce 980ti
500gb ssd Primary Drive and 1Tb HD storage.

Really at a loss hear as I know I have the right firmware, at least the DJI GO4 says I do, but if I can’t verify that, let alone update 8 batteries I just purchased, I’m in some serious business trouble.

Thanks in advance.

Darren
2019-3-4
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

Still no luck. I’ve been in touch with the dealers tech support some more and they haven’t any idea, but are still trying to figure it out.

In the meantime I’ve checked into registry errors on my PC, gotten those fixed. Saw my motherboard was a driver behind, so I flashed it (updated the driver), performed a Windows integrity check on passed patches, which it did find some errors, but also was able to auto fix them.

I also downloaded Assistant 2 for the Matrice on my wife’s Laptop and even THAT is throwing the same error as my PC “network connection error”.

So, to sum this up, my PC and my wife’s Laptop are giving me the “network connection error” and my wife’s PC is giving a “cannot load firmware, please try again” in the Assistant 2 for the Matrice.

I’ve poked around and noticed that through a simple search a person can pull up the Assistant 2 version 2.0.4 and version 2.0.6 from the DJI website. Is that intentional? Moreover, is 2.0.6 the latest version?
2019-3-5
Use props
DarrenT
lvl.2

United States

Another day and no progress. I tried a few networking options, but no go.

Also, I saw I am getting an error on my CrystalSky that says "Ari Encoder Error (0x100000). With both the tb55's and the tb50's. However, with the tb50's, the Assistant 2 wanted me to update the Safe Fly software, but still stated a "Network error", under the tb55's no such update option was given and the same "Network error" was present.

Enclosed is a screenshot of the now "storage device" listed twice on my PC that's connected through my USB port. For some unknown reason it has duplicated itself and yes, this is happening on all 3 platforms (my computer, my wife's and her laptop).

The radio silence from DJI is starting to concern me....
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL
lvl.2
United States

Well, this is still a problem...

I've gone so far as to wiping one of my computers entirely (the SSD and HDD) coupled with a fresh install of Windows, with the only results being now "an admin has blocked you from installing this program". Then upon by passing that error, I'm back to square one with "network error, please try again". I looked into the .net Framework as I had some errors in the DxDiag I gave to tech support and I fixed those upon rolling back some updates in them, however those did not fix this.

I tried as recently as Saturday to connect my Matrice to my friends computer and it still worked over there, so I have no clue.

I've seen Moderators and Admins post in these forums and they seem pretty helpful to others, I am wondering why the silence on this issue? Is it because I bought my $17,000 Matrice from a vendor and not from the factory or is it because it is getting close to 90 days post purchase?
2019-3-11
Use props
djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL
lvl.2
United States

While the 2.0.7 patch fixed the "An admin has blocked you from installing this application" error, it has not addressed the "Network Connection Error, please try again" and I'm sorry, but having tech support tell me to find a Windows 7/8 or Mac Computer (which I would have to go buy a Mac computer ($999 at the moment) is a bit ridiculous.

My hopes were pretty high today when I saw this patch and the notes and then, well, I got to install it without an error only to get the same error....
2019-3-15
Use props
SouthTexasFlyer
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL Posted at 3-15 12:41
While the 2.0.7 patch fixed the "An admin has blocked you from installing this application" error, it has not addressed the "Network Connection Error, please try again" and I'm sorry, but having tech support tell me to find a Windows 7/8 or Mac Computer (which I would have to go buy a Mac computer ($999 at the moment) is a bit ridiculous.

My hopes were pretty high today when I saw this patch and the notes and then, well, I got to install it without an error only to get the same error....

Don’t know if this will help, but I recently downloaded Assistant 2 for Phantoms and when I opened the app I got the same “network connection error”. It cleared up after opening the app and in the upper right part of the screen, to the right of “Settings” I logged in DJI info, ie email addy and password. No more connection error. Don’t know if that’s what’s going on with you - but just maybe.....Good luck, man! Hope you get back to flyin’ real soon!
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules