Osmo+ With Rode VideoMicro - Wind Noise?
568 1 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigJimVideoProd
lvl.2

United States

Hello all - first time poster here and newbie with the DJI Osmo+ and Rode VideoMicro setup.  I was wondering if those of you who have a similar setup can help me with my recent issue.  

I'm a railfan, and my main use of the Osmo+ will be filming from onboard moving tourist trains, but out the window at the locomotive ahead of us (think speeds anywhere between 10-30 mph), and also from in the cab of the locomotive as it's running.  In my first real usage of the camera, I filmed from inside of a stationary locomotive, under steam, and the audio was a little bit blown out, but usable.  In my second go-around a month or so later, I filmed from an open-air platform on the train - and the wind blew out any usable audio I would have gotten.  

Only after I got home from this second try did I realize that there was a function within the DJI Go App itself where I could control the volume input.  Will lowering the volume input level help to eliminate my audio being blown out?  I'm assuming so, but I can't ride these sorts of trains every day to test it, and there's no way to listen to the audio as I'm recording it (that's my understanding, anyway).  As an FYI, I do use a Windscreen over the mic as well.  

I have the Rode Videomic Pro setup with my main camcorder and it works amazingly, without me having to change any settings - so I know the camera brand works well.  I imagine this is user/beginner error, but would appreciate help and advice from those who use the same or a similar setup as I do.  Many thanks!

Jim
Big Jim Video Productions
Morrisville, PA

2019-3-5
Use props
BigJimVideoProd
lvl.2

United States

Bump - anyone?  Suggestions/advice?
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced