Camera tilts full up or full down and then locks
1746 5 2014-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

Everything worked great before the DJI Vision app update  [1.0.054] on my DJI Phantom 2 vision + [two week old] quad.  After the install,  both my Samsung Galaxy 3 smartphone and my Samsung Tab3 7" tablet developed the same problem.   If you touch the up or down arrows on the APP to adjust the camera tilt... the camera will either go full up or full down and lock [red light showing]    You must power cycle the quad to have the camera return to level.    All you can do is fly it using the FPV... it will take a still photo, but only with the camera level...   no tilt ajustment or you will lock full up or down.

I have all the latest greatest firmware and calibrated everything I can.   I am stuck.  ANY HELP????!     

2014-11-10
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

dacfile, Did you try using the Phantom Assistant Software, select basic, the RC and below the stick calibration you have the option to select "Transmitter Version" Try selecting "Basic Version"
2014-11-10
Use props
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

sthuemmel Posted at 2014-11-10 21:41
dacfile, Did you try using the Phantom Assistant Software, select basic, the RC and below the stick  ...

I have not and I will do that in a couple hours... I stayed away from that because the photo of the basic mode is not mine,  and I thought the input for the camera tilt had more to do with tablet or smartphone via the  Vision APP.   However that is a ez try.
2014-11-10
Use props
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

dacfile@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-10 21:56
I have not and I will do that in a couple hours... I stayed away from that because the photo of th ...

Sthuemmel,  You are the ONE!   I followed your advice  Assistant Softwar/ RC /  and changed the transmitter setting to Basic.    I do not know why or how,  but I did a test and when the Phantom came to life,  it tilted down slightly and when the app came to life,  all the arrows worked...  PROBLEM SOLVED
Thank goodness for these forum sites...   I am still waiting on the APP support.

Participation / Reply Topic Close
RE: Camera tilts full up or full down and then locks [Modify]
2014-11-10
Use props
dacfile
lvl.1

United States

I am also throwing this in for anyone with Samsung Tab 3 7" tablet,  after the DJI Vision App update it started to do a couple odd things... like switching from the FPV screen to the master screen every 15 seconds...  causing me to to keep switching back.   I am still waiting on the help from the DJI Vision App tech support   but since I only use this tablet for Phantom flying,  I uninstalled/ turn off or reset to factory all the other apps that would allow this.    Suddenly the DJI Vision App work properly...    oh I did leave Google Map & GMail app on..

thanks again to the Forum readers and Sthuemmel
2014-11-10
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

dacfile@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-11 02:44
I am also throwing this in for anyone with Samsung Tab 3 7" tablet,  after the DJI Vision App update ...

See if this helps.......
This is a common problem with some android phones - if you go into your WiFi Settings>Advanced settings you should find an option checked that forces the phone to only connect to WiFi networks with a good internet connection. This means your phone will dump the Vision network in the presence of another network it recognizes with internet access. If you uncheck that option you should find you stay locked onto
the Vision network with no problem. Try uncheck "Auto Network Switch" That forces the phone to connect to whatever you want and stay connected.

If you don't see "Auto Network Switch"
Try this.
Swipe from top to bottom (to get to notifications screen)
On the upper right corner click on the white gear
Click on WiFi
click on the menu button (right to the left of the home button)
click the first option on the newly appeared menu (advanced)
uncheck "Auto Network Switch"

There is also an android app called WiFi prioritizer, you can set the preferred networks to connect to. that works well.   it won't jump back to your home WiFi or any other WiFi around you.
2014-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules