New regulations in Canada June 1st 2019
1026 5 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Navy 61
lvl.2
Canada

As per the new regulations in Canada june 1st 2019.  My drone won't be considered conformed because it was not supplied with the documentation required for the regulations as per the goverment. Even thought they surpassed the requirements I won't be able to use it because of that.  Do you know what's going on between DJI and the canadian goverment negociations about the new regulations?  Are the drones bought after june 1st from DJI will have that documentations?

2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gazoo. Thank you for sharing this very informative information regarding the new Canadian law that will take in effect on June 01, 2019. As of the moment we still have no information with regards to this inquiry. For the latest update with regards to this matter. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the most recent detail and updates. Thank you.
2019-3-5
Use props
Daniella Zylen
New

Canada

you will be able to use it with a basic licence, just not with the advance license. I have checked what drones are able to fly under tha advance license and thay are more of a commercial made drones. out of the reach of most people and probably not even safer tha DJI drones.
2019-3-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to know - thanks for sharing
2019-3-7
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-5 14:48
Hello and good day Gazoo. Thank you for sharing this very informative information regarding the new Canadian law that will take in effect on June 01, 2019. As of the moment we still have no information with regards to this inquiry. For the latest update with regards to this matter. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the most recent detail and updates. Thank you.

After speaking with a school of drone pilot which they are in contact with transport canada all of the dji drones can be use for advanced operations but they need to come with the documentations required by Transport Canada when you bought them. Which is not the case right now so they have to come with an agreement with T. canada for us not to loose that right.
2019-3-7
Use props
Tiggrr2
New

Canada

I purchased the DJI Spark kit 2 years ago and am just getting back to my hobby after two years of work and family , now I have some personal time to spend and need to get my licence now since the refgs have been updated  ...no issues .
If all goes well will be looking to upgrade to a Mini2 kit in the future .
insofar as TC rated documentation , Is DJI working on creating a tech brochure that has all of the specs that Transport Canada needs ?

Is this something we can download from the DJI site in the future ?

Looking forward to your comments ...

T

2021-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules