Buying Secondhand DJI Mavic or Spark
2408 11 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

I've read a few posts on buying secondhand DJI Mavics/Sparks, but I'm still unclear, and I have a few questions for the forum:
If I buy a used Mavic/Spark from someone...

1) Can I connect it to my DJI account?

2) Will the device be shown on my account via DJI Go4 app?

3) Will flights be recorded on my account via DJI Go4 app?

4) Will those flights be credited to "Experience Points" and "Travel Distance" on my account via DJI Go4 app?

Image included to better help explain my questions.

...any additional recommendations about purchasing used DJI drones would be appreciated.

(And, yes, I have considered the DJI Refurbished models on the DJI Store.)

Thank you for your help!

Screenshot_20190305-155730.png

2019-3-5
Use props
Helldiver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604 ft

United States

I have a second hand Mavic Air and Spark, I had no  problems connecting the drone to my account.  My DJI account is accumulating all the experience points, travel distance accordingly.  If you are looking for a deal on second hand drones, please feel free to PM me.

Check stress marks on your second hand drone, and scratches on the camera lens

Cheers!!!
2019-3-5
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you need Like new spark package for $425 shipped to continental USA let me know. 4 batteries, charging dock, Care refresh til 8/19, and bunch of other extra stuff.
2019-3-5
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
United States

3BEPb Posted at 3-5 15:15
If you need Like new spark package for $425 shipped to continental USA let me know. 4 batteries, charging dock, Care refresh til 8/19, and bunch of other extra stuff.

Wasn't planning on making a purchase right now. I was inquiring to find out if it was possible.
But, thanks for the info!
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Doc Ozzy. Thank you for reaching out. With regards to these inquiries please see post#2. In addition you may also consider purchasing the DJI Refurbished Drones. These drone are as good as new for a lesser price. Some of the benefits of new Drone applies to DJI Refurbished Drone like warranty and you can also get the DJI care for those refurbished Drones. I will be posting a link where in you can check these said drones. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-3-5
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doc Ozzy Posted at 3-5 15:21
Wasn't planning on making a purchase right now. I was inquiring to find out if it was possible.
But, thanks for the info!

You are not planning till you get a deal like that
2019-3-5
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-5 15:46
Hello and good day Doc Ozzy. Thank you for reaching out. With regards to these inquiries please see post#2. In addition you may also consider purchasing the DJI Refurbished Drones. These drone are as good as new for a lesser price. Some of the benefits of new Drone applies to DJI Refurbished Drone like warranty and you can also get the DJI care for those refurbished Drones. I will be posting a link where in you can check these said drones. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav

Yes, and from what I'm seeing online, it does seem DJI Refurbished is the way to go.
2019-3-5
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
United States

3BEPb Posted at 3-5 16:04
You are not planning till you get a deal like that

LOL!
2019-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

1) Can I connect it to my DJI account?  : YES

2) Will the device be shown on my account via DJI Go4 app? : YES

3) Will flights be recorded on my account via DJI Go4 app? : YES

4) Will those flights be credited to "Experience Points" and "Travel Distance" on my account via DJI Go4 app?  : YES

The only thing you miss is an icon here on the forum.

I have bought a second hand MP, but icon is from my first MP that I bought brand new (but I returned it because of some heavy regulations that stop me from flying so often)
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Doc Ozzy Posted at 3-5 17:55
Yes, and from what I'm seeing online, it does seem DJI Refurbished is the way to go.

Hi Doc Ozzy, my apologies for the late response. Should you need further help, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-3-6
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-6 05:39
1) Can I connect it to my DJI account?  : YES

2) Will the device be shown on my account via DJI Go4 app? : YES

That's good to know. Thank you.
2019-3-6
Use props