Can I Share Waypoints 2.0 Task Library between devices
7762 19 2019-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nermie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56795 ft
Australia

I have been using the new Waypoints 2.0 feature in the latest update of the Go4 app. I have created a waypoint mission and saved it to my task library on my Iphone. However I do not seem to be able to access these task library records when I use the same app on my Ipad. I have shared all flight logs via my dji account and the cloud, but the task library does not seem to be sharing.

Is it possible to share task Libraries between devices? If so, what can you suggest I am doing wrong?

2019-3-5
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

No you can't.
2019-3-5
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

Thank you,

Hopefully this is something that DJI will address in future updates.
2019-3-6
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Nermie Posted at 3-6 00:18
Thank you,

Hopefully this is something that DJI will address in future updates.

And thats why i love Litchi but ... will not work with the smart RC
2019-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

As you are on iPhone you can copy the waypoints.db file through iTunes between devices.   You can also edit this file with an sqlite browser.
2019-3-6
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 07:15
As you are on iPhone you can copy the waypoints.db file through iTunes between devices.   You can also edit this file with an sqlite browser.

thanks for that tip
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you using the DJI Product. With regards to that, as of the time being, we don't have the option yet or way to transfer the saved planned waypoint to a different device. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-6
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Have you tried DJI GS Pro?
2019-3-7
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 3-7 00:27
Have you tried DJI GS Pro?

Yes, I was using this prior to Waypoints 2.0 being released on Go4. My undertsanding is that GS Pro only works on an iPad, so sharing between an Ipad and a iPhone is not an option. I have not yet had a chance to compare the updated GS Pro with the Go 4 app.

One thing I have noticed is that the waypoint heights on the new Go4 app seem to be limited to a Min of 2.0m. I know this as I was trying to get the drone to fly under a bar that was around 2.0m in height. Whilst i flew the drone first and recorded the lower waypoint heights (e.g 1.0 m), the program reverted when flying to 2.0 m and this nearly caused a crash. I could not edit the waypoint down to below 2.0 m.
2019-3-7
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Nermie Posted at 3-7 01:13
Yes, I was using this prior to Waypoints 2.0 being released on Go4. My undertsanding is that GS Pro only works on an iPad, so sharing between an Ipad and a iPhone is not an option. I have not yet had a chance to compare the updated GS Pro with the Go 4 app.

One thing I have noticed is that the waypoint heights on the new Go4 app seem to be limited to a Min of 2.0m. I know this as I was trying to get the drone to fly under a bar that was around 2.0m in height. Whilst i flew the drone first and recorded the lower waypoint heights (e.g 1.0 m), the program reverted when flying to 2.0 m and this nearly caused a crash. I could not edit the waypoint down to below 2.0 m.

The minimum height limit sounds frustrating.

I own a P4 and M2, and if I use an iPad, I can share the route with each device.

I can’t advise if GSP allows a minimum height below 2m. Might be worth testing.

An iPad Mini can fit on both an P4 and Mavic style Controllers.
2019-3-8
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 3-8 01:02
The minimum height limit sounds frustrating.

I own a P4 and M2, and if I use an iPad, I can share the route with each device.

Today, on DAFlys suggestion above, I shared the waypoints.db through iTunes although I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I did note however that some of the Waypoint altitude heights were just under 1.4 meters. This was as recorded during flight. When I was actually flying the other day when I recorded these waypoints, I noticed I could not change one to below 2.0m. I am thinking that the min height is probably in non metric, ie inches or feet. Because of this, altering a metric measurement does not allow smaller increments, hence 2.0m because 1.0m would be below the limit. If 0.1m increments were allowed, maybe i could change it a bit lower.

The actual number recorded was 1.39999997615814m which is 55.11 inches or or 4.593 ft so it is neither exact for metric or imperial.
2019-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

Nermie Posted at 3-8 01:21
Today, on DAFlys suggestion above, I shared the waypoints.db through iTunes although I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I did note however that some of the Waypoint altitude heights were just under 1.4 meters. This was as recorded during flight. When I was actually flying the other day when I recorded these waypoints, I noticed I could not change one to below 2.0m. I am thinking that the min height is probably in non metric, ie inches or feet. Because of this, altering a metric measurement does not allow smaller increments, hence 2.0m because 1.0m would be below the limit. If 0.1m increments were allowed, maybe i could change it a bit lower.

The actual number recorded was 1.39999997615814m which is 55.11 inches or or 4.593 ft so it is neither exact for metric or imperial.

If you open the waypoints.db in https://sqlitebrowser.org/ you can set any value,  I dont know what would happen when the app reads the value though.
2019-3-8
Use props
edwinnaar
lvl.1
Netherlands

I'm actually working on a little tool that currently works on Mac OS but I might make a native Win10 version for it, once I'm done.
In my app I will be able to join and edit waypoint databases. When a tablet is connected it should detect and find the waypoints file automatically. This should also work when a smartcontroller is connected.

I'm not done with it yet. But I'll keep you guys posted.
2020-4-8
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks edwinnaar, I look forward to your results.
2020-4-8
Use props
fanscf06b8d1
lvl.1

Brazil

edwinnaar Posted at 4-8 00:00
I'm actually working on a little tool that currently works on Mac OS but I might make a native Win10 version for it, once I'm done.
In my app I will be able to join and edit waypoint databases. When a tablet is connected it should detect and find the waypoints file automatically. This should also work when a smartcontroller is connected.

Hi! any update about this tool to Win version?
2020-7-4
Use props
fanscf06b8d1
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi! Somebody found a way to copy waypoints.db on Android device? (I really never will understand why DJI make features like WAYPOINTS without basic options like INPUT GPS COORDINATES and save off line or share database... And the most incredible thing: we need torn on Mavic to edit waypoints... DJI could ask to Litchi where find developers to make basic features... and respect their clients, because we pay much money and I think we deserve a great App)
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_9b0hUjjlbYyt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20653 ft

United States

edwinnaar Posted at 2020-4-8 00:00
I'm actually working on a little tool that currently works on Mac OS but I might make a native Win10 version for it, once I'm done.

Any progress on this?
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_9b0hUjjlbYyt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20653 ft

United States

edwinnaar Posted at 2020-4-8 00:00

Any progress on this?
2021-11-20
Use props
AVInteractive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194495 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2019-3-6 07:15
As you are on iPhone you can copy the waypoints.db file through iTunes between devices.   You can also edit this file with an sqlite browser.

Not sure when you posted this, but thanks that worked :-)
2023-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AVInteractive Posted at 8-24 09:04
Not sure when you posted this, but thanks that worked :-)

Wow.  that was a post from 2019.  Pleased it helped you out.  
2023-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules