Lost Connection
430 3 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
McCreative
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

I seem to have this problem more in areas where there is no mobile phone reception. I was recently at a refugee camp in Africa, where there was little mobile or very weak mobile phone reception. I was suffering continuously from lost connections with my drone. I could still control the drone, but I could not see anything that it was meant to be filming. If it was already recording I could see on the DJI RC controller it was recording but I could not see what I was recording and was going blind. I would return the drone and shut it down and the RC controller, restart them both and then I could see the image but a few seconds into it flying merely 25 metres or so away in an open area it would lose image transmission. This happened almost solely in areas of poor mobile phone reception.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks
Max
2019-3-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Poor mobile phone connectivity should have nothing to do with RC to AC connectivity -- could there have been something in the area that could interfere with radio frequencies in general? Military transmissions/radar/jammers?
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Captain @Ex Machina is correct about this. Maybe there's an interference on the location where you flying the Aircraft that interfering the signal from the remote to the Aircraft. You may give a try as well to change different frequency and channels under Image transmission from DJI Go 4 app. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I guess you are using the supplied dji cable to the side port if yes throw it away and get yourself a good cable to use with the bottom port
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules