1170 18 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I noticed that the flight distances on our Avatar has changed from meters to feet, Why

: 5332900 ft

2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Forum Operation decided to change the flight distance into the imperial unit from metrics as they've noticed that most of the users preferred to use the imperial. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-3-7
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

most of europe is using metric Suren, what about where you are? I'm taking a poll on this.  2065682ft
2019-3-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-7 11:08
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Forum Operation decided to change the flight distance into the imperial unit from metrics as they've noticed that most of the users preferred to use the imperial. We do appreciate your understanding.

USA USA!  I'm a teacher and I was telling my students how the USA is one of the few places on earth that doesn't use the metric system (which makes way more sense).  The imperial system is so much harder to learn than a base-ten system.  That being said, I prefer Imperial because that what I learned first.  Much like a first language.
2019-3-7
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

with all due respect that sounds like non sense -
please take a moment to google which countries do not use imperial - it is the entire world except for USA and two other countries.

2019-3-7
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 3-7 12:14
with all due respect that sounds like non sense -
please take a moment to google which countries do not use imperial - it is the entire world except for USA and two other countries.

exactly! lobsta mobsta  even says that they are the few, and yet we are obliged to follow what the USA wants!!!! that's one of the reason I am taking a poll.
2019-3-7
Use props
Ollie Bird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581873 ft
United States

How about a choice button in your homepage settings just like in your drone menu? Then there would be nothing to fight about.
2019-3-7
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Ollie Bird Posted at 3-7 12:58
How about a choice button in your homepage settings just like in your drone menu? Then there would be nothing to fight about.

with all the high tech involved in drones you would think they could easilly make that happen - hell i even expect they should have thought of it
2019-3-7
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Lets have furlongs and cubits too! Don't forget nautical miles either for the people who fly over water
2019-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-7 11:59
most of europe is using metric Suren, what about where you are? I'm taking a poll on this.  2065682ft

we use metric
2019-3-7
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

I am in full agreement with you Olie Bird, but to accept DJI's choice on our own profile is just wrong!
2019-3-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 3-7 13:19
with all the high tech involved in drones you would think they could easilly make that happen - hell i even expect they should have thought of it

I agree Bekaru, and that's what annoys me, to make a change on my profile without even consulting with us members!
2019-3-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Boffin Posted at 3-7 15:10
Lets have furlongs and cubits too! Don't forget nautical miles either for the people who fly over water

I just don't appreciate someone else making a choice on my profile without consulting me, there's enough of that around.
2019-3-8
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
United States

It would be the same as, saying. UK,Austalia & some other countries drive right sided. So from tomorrow the whole world will switch driving on Left side of the street. Great idea.
Implement choice in user profile.
2019-3-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Mars5150 Posted at 3-8 02:34
It would be the same as, saying. UK,Austalia & some other countries drive right sided. So from tomorrow the whole world will switch driving on Left side of the street. Great idea.
Implement choice in user profile.

last time I checked on the poll I'm taking on General support there are more people that want metric rather than imperial
2019-3-8
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Should just stick to SI units - as the internationally agreed standard of measurement. As I can say with confidence that DJI users who are not imperial based outnumber those that are. Otherwise, I'll be asking for furlongs. Anyway its a trivial thing to write a java script that dynamically does a conversion based on a user's registered location. As all we are seeing in the forum tags is a print of the user ID 'Flight Distance' variable set in the user's profile.
2019-3-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Lamplighter55 Posted at 3-9 06:14
Should just stick to SI units - as the internationally agreed standard of measurement. As I can say with confidence that DJI users who are not imperial based outnumber those that are. Otherwise, I'll be asking for furlongs. Anyway its a trivial thing to write a java script that dynamically does a conversion based on a user's registered location. As all we are seeing in the forum tags is a print of the user ID 'Flight Distance' variable set in the user's profile.

and there lies the problem, if we the majority use metric then why go to Imperial? the other issue is that it was changed on our profile without consulting us or giving us a choice!
2019-3-9
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Can we have it changed back to metres please as I've noticed most of the users actually prefer to use the world agreed standard unit of measurement. For reference SI units 2019 Thanks.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lamplighter55 Posted at 3-11 02:12
Can we have it changed back to metres please as I've noticed most of the users actually prefer to use the world agreed standard unit of measurement. For reference SI units 2019 Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We will forward this feedback to our designated department for consideration. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules