Ronin S Vibrates when powered on
7545 8 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allardjake22
lvl.1
United States

Hi I recently got my Ronin s. I have a sony A6400 and used a 50mm lens when I balanced the ronin for the first time. All was good for a few days until I decided to use a different lens. I swapped the lenses, rebalanced (All excellent), and did the auto tune for the motors. For some reason the ronin will vibrate for about 3/4 of a second almost to the point where it seems like its going to break somethig in the motors. This only happens when I turn the Ronin on from being powered off not from standby. All firmwear is up to date as well. Anyone have a fix?
2019-3-6
Use props
allardjake22
lvl.1
United States

After messing around with the settings a little bit I realized that the Ronin S won't vibrate if you hit "restore nimble set up". But after preforming another auto tune will will continue vibrating after being powered on.
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi allardjake22, the vibration is usually related to the balance. To check whether your axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
There is another way to check if the gimbal is balanced properly, after physically balance, please tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of the motors is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device will need to be balanced again.
Besides, please make sure all the knobs in the gimbal have been locked tightly and the camera mounting plate and the lens support have been mounted properly, thank you.
2019-3-7
Use props
allardjake22
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 01:15
Hi allardjake22, the vibration is usually related to the balance. To check whether your axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
There is another way to check if the gimbal is balanced properly, after physically balance, please tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of the motors is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device will need to be balanced again.
Besides, please make sure all the knobs in the gimbal have been locked tightly and the camera mounting plate and the lens support have been mounted properly, thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I did all the steps you said. Still balanced on top of the charger(All excellent), everything is tight, and when I turned the gimbal 45º everything was within +/- 5 they only moved maybe 1-3 after I got it into the 45º angle. While moving it it hit -6 on the roll axes but leveled off down to 1 or 2 after it had been put into place.
2019-3-7
Use props
allardjake22
lvl.1
United States

allardjake22 Posted at 3-7 13:24
Thanks for the reply. I did all the steps you said. Still balanced on top of the charger(All excellent), everything is tight, and when I turned the gimbal 45º everything was within +/- 5 they only moved maybe 1-3 after I got it into the 45º angle. While moving it it hit -6 on the roll axes but leveled off down to 1 or 2 after it had been put into place.

One more thing I realized is that when using the joystick to move the camera some times it will do the same vibration. Its not predictable and somewhat rare. It does this in all directions.
2019-3-7
Use props
allardjake22
lvl.1
United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyzgtx7MFw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQNA1BWH9Y&feature=youtu.be
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

allardjake22 Posted at 3-7 14:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyzgtx7MFw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQNA1BWH9Y&feature=youtu.be

The video you posted is not about the vibration, will the issue happen when you switch back to the previous lens?
2019-3-8
Use props
allardjake22
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-8 00:36
The video you posted is not about the vibration, will the issue happen when you switch back to the previous lens?

What do you mean its not about the vibration. Its literally in the video. And yes it happens when I switch to the other lens.
2019-3-9
Use props
Busticket
New
  • >>>
South Korea

I have same issue......I balanced 3-xis(excellent) and, I perfomed auto tune.... but vibration is occured when turn on the ronin s.(But, not occured vibration when in using it.)
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules