Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Distance in forum now in ft?
1596 35 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is it just on my computer and phones/tabs, or is  in general the shown distance in the forums now in ft?And if so, why is that, please?
2019-3-7
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, mine is showing in feet now too, is a much bigger number, so looks impressive
2019-3-7
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Yea it shows ft now weird
it looks alot better but i prefer choice on that rather then forced
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Considering that most of the users are using the imperial unit, so the forum operation team decided to change the flight distance display from metric unit to imperial. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 08:50
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Considering that most of the users are using the imperial unit, so the forum operation team decided to change the flight distance display from metric unit to imperial. Thank you for your support.

How about you let the user decide, like in the app, how they wanna see THEIR flown distance?
Aside, METER is perhaps not used, but known by everyone, foot however is a very "specific" measurement.
Or a compromise: Put BOTH on!
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

S-e-ven Posted at 3-7 08:59
How about you let the user decide, like in the app, how they wanna see THEIRE flown distance?
Aside, METER is perhaps not used, but known my everyone, foot however is a very "specific" measurement.
Or a compromise: Put BOTH on!

I understand about that. This suggestion will be forwarded and as a reference as well. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 09:02
I understand about that. This suggestion will be forwarded and as a reference as well. Thank you for your support.

Thank you very much, DJI Gamora!
2019-3-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

This is so wrong in just so many levels. I mean, even Americans are giving up imperial in favor of proper SI units. At least that intelligent and well-educated part of population does it.
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

S-e-ven Posted at 3-7 09:33
Thank you very much, DJI Gamora!

It's my pleasure Captain. Cheers!
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 3-7 09:33
This is so wrong in just so many levels. I mean, even Americans are giving up imperial in favor of proper SI units. At least that intelligent and well-educated part of population does it.

I understand that Captain. No worries, I already forwarded this concern to our team as a suggestion and feedback. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-7
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 3-7 09:33

Yeah...I always use the km/hr on the speedometer when I'm driving.
2019-3-7
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Yeah, I noticed that also. Should be a choice.
2019-3-7
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I would prefer to have the choice. Fortunately, it is a simple task to make the conversion.
2019-3-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

And the next step will be, that the App can't be changed to meter, anylonger?
I am still wondering that  Liberia, Myanmar and the United States of America have so many DJI sales, that "most of the users are using the imperial unit"!
Every day you learn something new, do you?
2019-3-8
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Rustic17 Posted at 3-7 10:54
Yeah...I always use the km/hr on the speedometer when I'm driving.

I think it's even legal obligations for a while now that all american cars should have at least SI measures as secondary.
2019-3-8
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Back to metric unit please. Or at least let the users choose.
2019-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prefer feet so thanks for the change
2019-3-8
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

A CW Posted at 3-8 23:13
I prefer feet so thanks for the change

I don't!
02.jpg
2019-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I can see lol
2019-3-16
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Sadly it's always been in feet for me I didn't know it could be in Km.
2019-3-16
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Switzerland

People should stop using retards units. Metric system is so much more useful and simple.
2019-3-16
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

darkfull1 Posted at 3-16 05:23
People should stop using retards units. Metric system is so much more useful and simple.

Ah ah! You have seen Idiocracy.
2019-3-16
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Switzerland

jyc Posted at 3-16 10:38
Ah ah! You have seen Idiocracy.

Of course !
2019-3-17
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

I'm with the people that want the choice option.
2019-4-2
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

Ft. yields a bigger number. So why not inches or mm?
2019-4-2
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Divide by 3.3.  Or 3.281 to be more accurate.  So 328 ft = 100 m. Simple. I'd rather have a choice to select like the weather apps. Next thing is degrees C vs F?
2019-4-2
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

marlowe Posted at 4-2 20:11
Ft. yields a bigger number. So why not inches or mm?

Inches and millimeters seem to be to small for me.
2019-4-3
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

sparkdrone Posted at 4-3 15:50
Inches and millimeters seem to be to small for me.

i think he was being funny.

But if they wanted to change it apples for apples they should have changed meters to yards! Now that would really have everyone confused!
2019-4-3
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 3-8 00:28
And the next step will be, that the App can't be changed to meter, anylonger?
I am still wondering that  Liberia, Myanmar and the United States of America have so many DJI sales, that "most of the users are using the imperial unit"!
Every day you learn something new, do you?

Myanamar is a perfect example of where this gets really ridiculous. When the British left they rebelled by changing from driving on the left to driving on the right. Only problem was they had no leftt hand vehicles and because sanctions were in place against them only Japan would break them and import cars to them which of course were also right hand drive. Its a crazy place where they drive on the right, but most of their cars are right hand drive.

Here in Australia there are similar problems. Most building lumber comes out of Canada or is made for the US market, so its all cut to imperial dimensions. People here still talk about 2x4's but they buy them at the lumber yard in metric which are odd sizes because they were milled in imperial! sheesh. Plumbing is even worse. There are old British sizes and imperial sizes, and then metric sizes. 13 mil copper pipe, is often actually 1/2 inch copper pipe made in Asia for the US, but they are calling it 13mm. But then some bright spark got the idea to make copper pipe in Australia to a true metric size, so now a 13mm pipe doesnt work with a 1/2 copper pipe even when it says its 13mm.
lets see if i can add a picture in from my trip to Myanamar where you can see the taxi we are in is right hand drive, also the vehicle heading towards us is right hand drive, but we are on a right hand road system!

IMG_3560.jpg
2019-4-3
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

We Americans are just out to confuse the rest of the world with our strange units. Works pretty well, I'd say.
2019-4-4
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

Tentoes Posted at 4-4 12:39
We Americans are just out to confuse the rest of the world with our strange units. Works pretty well, I'd say.

Except that their not yours, they are left over from the British.
2019-4-4
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

RJB1 Posted at 4-4 13:45
Except that their not yours, they are left over from the British.

But the British have moved (largely) to metric! We're the holdouts.

In the 2000's, I was dealing with things in metric units, but the manufacturer translated to "about a foot" or "about 5 ft." On their forum, I posted, "We all know what a meter is. If you design the length in metric, say 30cm or 1.5m." Boy, was I shouted down. Garden Railroaders in USA wanted NOTHING to do with centimeters!
2019-4-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you click on the points section of the forum where you check to see if your points have been redeemed the flight distance changes back to metres from feet whilst in that section - odd but at least one quick way to check.
2019-4-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 4-5 07:10
If you click on the points section of the forum where you check to see if your points have been redeemed the flight distance changes back to metres from feet whilst in that section - odd but at least one quick way to check.

Interesting !
2019-4-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Must be a glitch in the forum but good to be able to see both I guess
2019-4-5
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4

Australia

Tentoes Posted at 4-5 06:44
But the British have moved (largely) to metric! We're the holdouts.

In the 2000's, I was dealing with things in metric units, but the manufacturer translated to "about a foot" or "about 5 ft." On their forum, I posted, "We all know what a meter is. If you design the length in metric, say 30cm or 1.5m." Boy, was I shouted down. Garden Railroaders in USA wanted NOTHING to do with centimeters!

I spent most of my life in the US, but now live in Australia. I have mixed feelings about using the metric system. Partly for the reasons i gave before that so many things are manufactured for the US market in Imperial, but also because I see a lot of confusion when people are using mm and cm. People will say "it's 2.2" and the next guy will say, "do you mean 2200" Also on a tape measure the same numbers repeat, 1-100, or 1-10, its really easy to pull a tape measure and its counting off in 100's and you confuse 807 and 707, or 907 because its not clearly marked on the tape measure.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules