Flying in France
1201 5 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RIMC1234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227470 ft
Spain

Looking for help to be sure I don´t get in problems or a fine when flying in France.

I´m planing to go from Spain to French Riviera by end of May. Would like to ask for help from some one living in France to be sure I have understanded all about flying in France correctly. I have done the training and test in Fox AlphaTango, registered the Drone and plan to use the geoportail.gouv.fr map for authorized areas to fly. So any area that has no color I can fly up to 150 meters heigh? yellow is 100 mt orange 50 mt and pink 30 mt and red not flying at all? So if this is true I apparently see quite a few nice places to fly in that area.

Anyway looking for suggestions on some drone filming and pictures areas in cote d'azurr?

I was thinking near Cap Camarat or Etang de Leucate area. Also when crossing border from Spain to France in Le Perthus, to take some images of the Fort Bellegarde. Or any better suggestions? I noticed some clear areas near St Tropez and other towns. But preferable looking for not very crowded areas so to avoid complains from people about privacy or which don´t like drones.

I can fly also in Cap d'antibes with maximum altitude of 50 meters?

Thanks for any help or recommendations.

If needed I can attach some screen captures of the MAP areas that I have looked at in Geoportail.

2019-3-7
Use props
Vairez François
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158727 ft
France

Hi,
Look at the geozones on your dji app to know if you can fly wherever you are. Pay attention on the Riviera . You ´ve some airport(Nice) and military bases (Toulon) you ´ll have to obtain a clearance to take-off near these zones
2019-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the tip about the training and test in Fox AlphaTango - just did the training and past the test,  I wonder if other EU countries have similar requirements?
2019-3-8
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.3
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 02:13
Thanks for the tip about the training and test in Fox AlphaTango - just did the training and past the test,  I wonder if other EU countries have similar requirements?

Let's see what other members post about it. Myself I am new to drone flying also. I learned about the fyling in France by googling a lot.

2019-3-11
Use props
Tabvla
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you want some of the best aerial scenery available in France then you may want to consider the route described below.  But this is a s...l...o...w route; the last time I did this route it took me 10 days, so don't be in a hurry.  If you are on a budget then there are an endless number of very reasonably priced and friendly hosts of chambre d'hotes (B&B) who speak both French and English.  Personally I much prefer to overnight at a chambre d'hotes as the breakfast is always excellent and the hosts can tell you all about those secret local places that are not on the map and that you will never find.  

And don't be afraid to take the wrong turning.  Some of the best times and scenery that my wife and I have enjoyed over the years is when we have switched the Satnav off and got lost.....

The journey.....

Start at Montpellier and take the D986 North toward Le Vigan

At Le Vigan join the D999 West towards Sauclieres
At Sauclieres take the D7 West until you join with the A75 motorway
Take the A75 North until you reach the Viaduc de Millau  (be careful, drone photography is restricted here)

When you have finished at the Viaduc de Millau continue with the A75 North
At the next interchange take the D911 South back to Millau
There are amazing photographic oportunities in the old town of Millau so plan to spend some there
When you leave Millau take the D809 North until you reach Chirac
At Chirac look for the N88 East which will take you to Balsieges
At Balsieges take the N106 South towards Florac and then on towards Ales
At Ales continue on the N106 towards Nimes
At Nimes take the D6113 towards Arles
At Arles take the D570 South but keep a lookout for the sign to Aigues-Mortes which is the D38C West and then the D58 West

At Aigues-Mortes take the D979 South to Le Grau-du-Roi
From there take the coastal road all the way West until Palavas-les-Flots  (See Note below)

At Palavas-les-Flots go North until you are back where you started in Montpellier

NOTE : Be aware that the Montpellier airport is on the northern border of the Etang de l'Or and is less than 5km from the coastal road.

Hope you have a great trip.

T.

2019-3-13
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.3
Spain

Tabvla Posted at 3-13 09:03
If you want some of the best aerial scenery available in France then you may want to consider the route described below.  But this is a s...l...o...w route; the last time I did this route it took me 10 days, so don't be in a hurry.  If you are on a budget then there are an endless number of very reasonably priced and friendly hosts of chambre d'hotes (B&B) who speak both French and English.  Personally I much prefer to overnight at a chambre d'hotes as the breakfast is always excellent and the hosts can tell you all about those secret local places that are not on the map and that you will never find.  

Thanks for the feedback I will try this route on my next trip.

2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules